streaming What are you watching rn?

I watched about the last 40 min of Ford v Ferrari last night. No need to watch it all I saw what I needed and it entertained me lol. I will often watch part of a movie, I'm weird like that.

I watched 20 minutes of Thunder Force starring melissa mcarthy and octavia spencer.
The acting from octavia spencer was god awful. The kids at the start of the movie were both way better than her.

I didn't watch The Help but I am completely baffled that she has an oscar for acting because this is some of the worse delivery ive seen in a long time. Did not believe a single line that she said in the movie. weird.

I am on Season One, Episode 4 of Westworld and really digging it. Most likely it will go south, but for now I'm pleasantly surprised, impressed, and engaged.

I watched about the last 40 min of Ford v Ferrari last night. No need to watch it all I saw what I needed and it entertained me lol. I will often watch part of a movie, I'm weird like that.
I don't give a crap about cars are car races, but I really liked this movie too -- really entertaining. The scene with where Enzo Ferrari shuts down the slick Ford dudes: "Go back to Michigan . . . and tell. Your boss he's . . . Anyway. It was memorable and great fun to watch.

I might see the new Top Gun movie, and so I thought I should finally watch the original, especially since I hear pop culture references to it all the tIme. And . . . I made it about fifteen minutes, lol.

Bosch Legacy. Two thirds through and about to fire up the next. It's on Amazon Prime's "freevee." Which means that, even though I pay for amazon prime, I have to watch commercials. I don't know what to make of this new trend, in ad supported content from major streamers. It, of course, sucks, but I guess I don't care that much. They're going to do what they're going to do. And I have a mute button on my remote.

Anyway, Bosch. I have watched the previous Bosch seasons, on Amazon, twice, and am a big fan. I had read a few Michael Connelly books before, but became a real Harry Bosch follower through the audio books. I find this genre stuff ideal for listening, and Connelly is, for this genre stuff, one of the best.

And, through 19 novels, you get to know Harry pretty well. I remember when the first Bosch season came out, looking forward but expecting to be disappointed. Most of these kinds of adaptations suck.

I was not disappointed, but rather, knocked out. Michael Connelly executive produced, and did, I believe, much of the writing, personally taking very good care of his property. The feel of Connelly's books, the nature of Harry Bosch and company, the tone and texture of Bosch's LA--it's all there. And Titus Wellever, as Harry Bosch, is perfect.

Bosch may be, still, the best adaptation of a novelist's work for television--ever. And the new season, ads aside, is no different.

I also remember, parenthetically, that when the first season of Bosch dropped, I had just got a new tv, a 60" LG OLED, and yipe, the Bosch intro, on (as one amazon reviewer called it) "God's TV" was just freaking beautiful!

A final word on Harry Bosch. One of his mottos resonates, as a picture of Harry himself, and, honestly, as--succinct, but deep--a sentiment to be inspired by and to aspire too:

"Everybody counts or nobody counts."

And Mr. Connelly, if you're listening. If you get to The Law of Innocence, you need to talk to Mathew McConaughey. He and Titus, as Harry Bosch and Mickey Haller, would be something to see.

Last edited:
you need to talk to Mathew McConaughey. He and Titus, as Harry Bosch and Mickey Haller, would be something to see.
I'm a big fan of Bosch too (both written and the series).

Matthew McConaughey played Mickey Haller in the movie adaptation "The Lincoln Lawyer" back in 2011 - I thought he did a good job. But the guy who is in the new "Lincoln Lawyer" series (Manuel Garcia-Rulfo) is good too.

But yeah, the idea of those 2 actors together? Terrific.

As always, I'm watching 20 things at once. I watched the Offer. That was really great. Miles Teller has really come a long way from the awkward background characters from his 90's era work. Juno Temple turned in a teriffic performance. The guy who played Bob Evans was great. Really the whole series was a triumph of casting. Started in on Frontier season 2. Finished The Boys season 3. Watched season 3 of the Orville. Really good in some parts. Started watching "The Old Man" it's interesting so far. Watched The Legend of Hank, pretty good. Watching The Grey Man later tonight.

Still trying to make myself watch Fantastic Beasts 3. I have relatively little enthusiasm for it.

Also need to watch The Godfather again, now that I've seen a 10 hour making of.

Watched The Longest Yard, because they showed how he gave up Godfather 2 to direct it. I was not impressed, it was like a 2 hour episode of dukes of hazard. It leads me to wonder if perhaps The Offer may have modernized and polished Ruddy's character a bit.

That makes sense.

Whatever the mix of fiction and nonfiction actually was here, this series told a good story. Will be looking forward to whatever's next from the team that put this together.

Timestamp to jimmy kimmel, gotta hand it to him he really nailed this prophecy about jeff ross

Ben stiller was the absolute worst showing i've ever seen on one of these, didn't laugh at any of the jokes, indignant face everytime they joke about him, then when its his turn on the podium he's not funny at all.
and holy shit DR RUTH is *STILL ALIVE** to this day

At the end when jeff ross comes on he says Mystery Men was so bad I fired MY agent.
and then it shows ben stiller mouthing the words (43:50) " I actually fired mine" WHAAAAATTT he fired his agent over mystery men.

Last edited:
Timestamp to jimmy kimmel, gotta hand it to him he really nailed this prophecy about jeff ross

Ben stiller was the absolute worst showing i've ever seen on one of these, didn't laugh at any of the jokes, indignant face everytime they joke about him, then when its his turn on the podium he's not funny at all.
and holy shit DR RUTH is *STILL ALIVE** to this day

At the end when jeff ross comes on he says Mystery Men was so bad I fired MY agent.
and then it shows ben stiller mouthing the words (43:50) " I actually fired mine" WHAAAAATTT he fired his agent over mystery men.
To be fair, Mystery Men was an unremittent tire fire.

I enjoyed it personally lol. I thought Mr. Furious was funny.
Me too. I liked the invisible boy, who could only turn invisible when no one was watching, lol. Also the guy (Hank Azaria) whose power is throwing silverware. And WH Macy, who shovels stuff, but shovels it--really well. :)

Last edited:
I haven't thought about it for a while, but Werner Herzog's documentary about the bear guy is worth seeing. The guy saw himself as the bear-whisperer, the bear protector, ending up on things like Letterman, telling his bear stories.

The film is a complex, sympathetic (and ultimately unsympathetic) look at the extremes of self, of human, delusion.

The climax of the thing is, for me, the blackest of black humor, which Herzog doesn't indulge in (although maybe, in that stern German accent, perhaps, a little, does).

Last edited:

Interesting way of life - only 800 people in the isolated community so they have no worry about child predators or crime, everyone knows each other.. and get this...

THEY HAVE A SECOND BREAKFAST

YES YOU HEARD ME -- SECOND BREAKFAST!!

lord of the rings eating GIF

Back