streaming What are you watching rn?

mlesemann

Staff Member
If I had to guess, I'd say the writers probably didn't worry about it that much. Injuries on shows are frequently dismissed like this. I can't actually remember a show other than Dexter where a main character was in the hospital for more than one episode, even with what should be severe injuries.
This 100%.

Every time I complain about something similarly ridiculous, my husband says "it's a movie" or "it's a tv show." And yeah, they don't bother themselves too much with reality, as long as they can keep people watching.

sfoster

Staff Member
This 100%.

Every time I complain about something similarly ridiculous, my husband says "it's a movie" or "it's a tv show." And yeah, they don't bother themselves too much with reality, as long as they can keep people watching.

The thing that really bothers me the most about this.. is like TWO episodes later they do an entire jump of a year.
Like shit guys if you're gonna do a year time leap just fucking wait an episode and keep her injured and the time jump would make way more sense and be way more motivated. Like we get excited our hero is finally recovered and back on her feet and gets her nerve back to go back into action, it would have played better that way IMO.

The other thing is like... they made that woman cop such a powerful character, really smart and sharp, and brave and good with a gun too, she is the whole fucking package right, even takes down the deaf dude in a gunfight... and then... she marries mr. magoo. ugh. i know this is just a personal thing, but that dude was too scared to arrest billy bob, understandable, i get it, but then he is so scared that he just wildly shoots his gun and hits the woman too, fuck that guy, why does this hero woman marry the fucking goofball coward that was so scared he shit his pants and shot her. I would not want that guy around me. thanks but no thanks. definitely wouldn't marry him.

Last edited:

sfoster

Staff Member
America is so fucking stupid sometimes

This dude is such a hard worker with a non-stop positive attitude, he went from washing the dishes to being a manager because of the respect he earned from his bosses. Tried to start a family, wife had a miscarriage, now they have $13,500 in debt and he's working two jobs 80 hours a week like a slave.

Have you heard of neocolonism?
It's like, we used to colonize places and take all their resouces, but now we just set up a corporation there and take all their resouces instead, like how all the people farming chocolate get paid pennies and can't even afford to buy chocolate, that's an example of neocolonism.

I'd say shit like this, just saddling people with insane amounts of debt for essential services, and then forcing them to work 80 hours a week, this is neoslavery. I asked chatgpt just now to define neoslavery, and yeah it rings true, forced labor, debt bondage...

"Neoslavery refers to the modern-day practices that resemble slavery, such as human trafficking, forced labor, debt bondage, and child labor, in which individuals are exploited and forced to work against their will."

Last edited:

sfoster

Staff Member
~100 views on this song but i think it's really good!

Seeing shit like this pisses me off... it's this womans debut album and she had an article about it in FORBES

It's been on youtube for four months and it's a only..... ~100 views
Not only that, but this woman went to Cosby High School in richmond (thats how I came across her, all this richmond research im doing) and on the wikipedia page for notable alumni... her high school wiki doesn't even list her as a notable alumni.

Sad right? this girl is at least notable..

This is what her most recent music video looks like. She is about 2.5 hours from me

Will it get some wind for the sailboat
And it could get for it is
It could get the railroad for these workers
And it could be where it is
It could franky, it could be franky
It could be very fresh and clean
It could be a balloon
All these are the days my friends
And these are the days my friends
It could get some wind for the sailboat
And it could get for it is
It could get the railroad for these workers