series What series are you watching?

I finished the sopranos. Last couple seasons of this HBO drama were so bad it reminded me of how GOT ended.
There was this crappy 30" SD TV and one of the characters was talking about how he paid 2k for it bc its a flatscreen lol.

I watched sopranos on a 86" HD television.... I laughed in pity at the dudes tiny SD tv being state of the art.
When you think about how tiny TVs used be and how low resolution they were it's no wonder movie theaters were popular and now they are declining. Who would want to watch a huge blockbuster film on a tiny 30" SD television lol.

The other thing that struck me about the sopranos was they would always make a big deal about covering the medical costs.
Throw someone out a 2nd story window and crack 6 of their vertebrae? rest easy friend all your medical bills will be taken care of. lol.

Really sad state of affairs for our healthcare system. I can imagine people from countries with socialized medicine watching this show completely baffled.

Last edited:
To be honest, I'm never watching anything but I'm watching everything at the same time... 🤣

If I have to pick a personal favorite it would definitelly be "Love, Death + Robots", is just a great show!!

Each episode is completely different from each other, kinda like "Black Mirror", but the cool thing is that each episodes is artistically and visually huuuugely different. And I love it.

Here's the trailer - Disclaimer alert!

Last edited:
Loki on disney+ is halfway finished, really like the casting duo of owen wilson with loki.
That episode 3 ending is quite the conundrum where it goes next. Looking forward to how the writers solve it.

Owen wilson continues searching different apocolypses for the Variant, trying to find where she is hiding. In his attempt to kill her he ironically provides her with an avenue to escape impending death

Last edited:
Loki on disney+ is halfway finished, really like the casting duo of owen wilson with loki.
That episode 3 ending is quite the conundrum where it goes next. Looking forward to how the writers solve it.

Owen wilson continues searching different apocolypses for the Variant, trying to find where she is hiding. In his attempt to kill her he ironically provides her with an avenue to escape impending death
Damn im good. Anyone want to know what happens next??
Loki gonna stop being so defeatest and become a very powerful god.
Much like what happened to thor in ragnarok when they say you're not a god of hammers, youre god of thunder!! then thor gets all mighty
Same thing gonna happen to loki when he starts loving himself.

Also there is a good chance that a 3rd loki variant is the one in charge of the TVA

I just finished rewatching an old cult favorite, "The Prisoner" (1968). Ostensibly a one-season follow up to "Secret Agent Man," it's full of 1960's kitsch. Interesting concept; I wonder why no one has remade this one yet.

Back when I was in high school it was on PBS, along with Monty Pythons Flying Circus. Star Trek would also be on late night, along with Chiller Theater, The Twilight Zone and The Outer Limits.

Rewatched True Blood

I was just gonna do the 1st two season but ended up watching the whole show.
The ending was even worse than i remembered lol...

Bill has Sookie kill him because bill is sterile. LOL WHAT THE HELL JUST ADOPT

Pam was annoying talking about how shes been with Eric for 100 years, 100 years, 100 years, she says this shit so many times.
Hey Pam - It's called a Century. Learn it. Use it.

If sookie hooked up with sam they could have had a fairie shapeshifting baby, and then turn that baby into an immortal vampire and it would be able to walk in the sun and shapeshift into anything.

I've almost finished rewatching Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman

OMG THIS SCENE from 1997!!! You must watch. So bizarre.

The evil villains slogan running for president is Making This Country Great Again

Last edited:
I finished Lois And Clark - The New Adventures of superman

This show stopped because Lois actress got pregnant, a very strange reason to cancel the show considering they had been talking about having kids for the past season or two. They could have seamlessly filmed with Terry Hatcher pregnant but maybe things were different in the 90s IDK.

My favorite episode was in season 4, i think it was episode 14... it was called Twas the Night Before Mxymas
It featured my favorite trope - a time loop. and it was also a uplifting christmas story with a feel good message.

As a bonus it features Howie Mandel as the villain, offering superman a Deal or No Deal. LOL.
What is going on with this show!! It's bizarre some of the references that have come to life in the decades since it went off air.

If you want to revisit this show and experience the charm of these two leads magnetic chemestry, then this is the episode i suggest watching.
That or the pilot :) Or both

Just started watching DEXTER: NEW BLOOD early this morning.

I was pleasantly surprised to see Dexter relocated OUT of Miami. Those locations just got to me toward the end.

I'm now seeing a Protagonist Serial Killer who's not killed for about a decade and it's eating him alive. He keeps imagining himself doing things that I also imagine myself doing when dealing with somebody I consider to be an asshole... So? He's got my attention again. LOL.

I came to this thread to talk about Dexter New Blood, but I fell like I'm late to the party. I did really like the first episode, one of my most anticipated shows this season. The strangest thing about it was my gut reaction. I was kind of happy to see Dexter alive and doing well, like running into an old friend from high school at the supermarket.

I really liked a lot of the writing in "You" which I watched in it's entirety, but I never could escape the feeling that I was watching a really well executed knock off of Dexter.

I watch the Twighlight Zone pretty much annually, one of my all time favorites since I was a kid. The new one is ok-ish, at least much better than the 80s reboot, which was terrible.

I am about to watch the Sopranos again. I think this will be the 7th time.

I have watched True Blood through on 5 seperate occasions.

I liked Loki, though I was somewhat upset because the show began airing right as I was finishing writing a strikingly similar story for SP, causing me to realize that someone had written the same story I was writing, decades ago.

Mindhunter was great, and I was really annoyed that it got cancelled. Fincher gets cancelled, and we get season 32 of survivor.

I watched Schitt's Creek, mainly because Indie wouldn't stop posting gifs of it, and it wasn't bad, I basically like all the main characters, though I am a bit disconcerted that Dan Levy dresses exactly like I do IRL. I'm a different type of person, but the wardrobe is like looking in a mirror.

Saying that Better Call Saul is potentially better than Breaking Bad is literally insane. I cannot imagine how such a thought could be formulated by a rational person. It will take years of therapy to undo the damage that statement made to my psyche. It's like saying the Sopranos was on par with Joan of Arcadia. Or that it's a toss up between Raiders of the Lost Ark and Krull. Heresy.

The Sinner is a decent show, mid range, but good.

The Night Of, was great.

Wandavision was, a mixed bag of great ideas and lackluster execution.

Watchmen was kind of weak.

The Witcher. I felt like I was watching what would have happened if they had drastically over budgeted Hercules the Legendary Journeys.

Maisel was an ok show, I watched for a bit but didn't fully grasp what everyone was so excited about, aside from the lead having a lot of charisma.

I'm watching Foundation now, because I've been waiting for them to adapt that for decades, I can't help but think this could have fared better in another year.

I'm rewatching DS9 for some reason. It's actually not bad, some really good creative writing from time to time.

Succession is back on, and that's a great show, in it's own unique way.

Narcos, a great show that's now in season 6 I think, great show, underappreciated. The first two seasons especially were amazing.

Locke and Key, a midgrade series, that has some good creativity here and there.

Watching American Gods, and it's terrible, it's always been terrible. I don't know why I'm watching it, or why I even started. I'm in the 3rd season, and I can't remember anything interesting happening yet.

Rewatching Rick and Morty S1-5 again, for the 5th time. It's utterly insane on every level.

I watch too much TV. I have a third screen now that just autoplays tv episodes around the clock while I work on screens one and two.

Mindhunter was great, and I was really annoyed that it got cancelled.
Likewise. Agree too re "You."

Have you checked out "Good Girls"? It too got rather abruptly cancelled - in this case because they couldn't come to terms with one of the leads.
But it ran for 4 seasons, on NBC of all places, and it's one of my favorite dark comedies in years. It's streaming now on Hulu.

Manhunt:Unabomber and Manhunt Deadly games are both way better tha mindhunter imo

Last edited:
My wife and I recently binged the first two seasons of “Locke & Key” on Netflix. A lot of bad reviews on IMDb, but we rather enjoyed it.

I will definitely check out Good Girls and Manhunt, haven't seen either, and I try to stay on top of the zeitgeist. I actually really like Locke and Key. Its strength was it's vivid creativity. A good show in it's way. Love the theme music. Another one for my opening theme music thread.

MacGruber

The 2010 movie now continues as a television show.
The movie surpassed my expectations but the show was a big disappointment.

There was no a single MacGyver reference in the entire show, its like the creators completely forgot the PREMISE of macgruber.
Instead it's just like... an austin powers kinda movie. But the drama and serious plotline are kinda slow and boring, the only good parts are the funny parts. And there are some funny parts, a couple of killer lines too.

Like someone hurt and might be dying and kristen wiig says STAY IN THE DARK!!! STAY IN THE DARK!!
(lol, such a great twist on the 'dont go into the light' line)

Only thing is the comedy is a little too far spaced out. the laughs dont come often enough. and about 30% of the jokes are will fortes naked butt. (lol)

Last edited:
The great prophet Mike Judge strikes again. I'll check that off the list of scenes in "Idiocracy" that actually came true 1:1.

I finished Cobra Kai and it's amazing how much juice they've been able to squeeze out of "guys who learned karate now teach karate". I'm still enjoying it, though all the walls of reality have collapsed in with a cool crane kick. It does a great job of feeling exactly like a forgotten 80's b-movie.

Back