Need any chicken footage?

Hi all,
I was digging through some of my test \ learning shots last night and noticed I have some pretty good chicken footage (dont ask!) I seem to have a hidden talent filming roosters!

As my wife and I noted, every movie of any importance has chickens, how about yours?
:)

Oh my, I thought of some funny things I'm going to do with chickens...

One is a short I was going to call "Man who kills with Chickens" :weird:, so far all I have are some silly pictures which I was going to use for a promo picture and about 30seconds of rubber chicken test footage (for a quick trailer). Yes a bit rediculous, but it was going to be a silly slasher film (sort of a spoof) as the main Indie Filmmaker in town does mainly horror films.

So I guess, yes, I could always use some chicken footage...:yes:

Last edited:
I don't need chicken footage but I really wish that I did.

This is my favorite thread topic ever.

You are quite wrong, YOU DO NEED CHICKEN footage, I challenge you to find a block buster action movie that DOESN'T have chickens in it! Not having chickens is probably the only thing thats keeping you from being the next Senor Spielbergo.

Last edited:
Oh come on, I HAVE to ask....really I do-how did you get chickens? ;)

To paraphrase Pinky from Pinky and the Brain- "Now I just need a rubber hose..."

Internet, here I COME!

Oh my, I thought of some funny things I'm going to do with chickens...

One is a short I was going to call "Man who kills with Chickens" :weird:, so far all I have are some silly pictures which I was going to use for a promo picture and about 30seconds of rubber chicken test footage (for a quick trailer). Yes a bit rediculous, but it was going to be a silly slasher film (sort of a spoof) as the main Indie Filmmaker in town does mainly horror films.

So I guess, yes, I could always use some chicken footage...:yes:

Tell me what you need..

It is possibly the first Independent International Collaboration Chicken Slasher Movie ever, thats gotta be worth something on the festival circuit ;) !

Oh come on, I HAVE to ask....really I do-how did you get chickens? ;)

To paraphrase Pinky from Pinky and the Brain- "Now I just need a rubber hose..."

Internet, here I COME!

Well, its more of WHY ON EARTH would I have so much footage of chickens.. :cool:

Basically, its because, generally, they are the only thing moving on the farm when I am trying to learn\test some new technique on my camera. I have some dramatic shallow DOF of a duck that is really quite beautiful..

Sorry for such a pedestrian answer..;)

Well, its more of WHY ON EARTH would I have so much footage of chickens.. :cool:

Basically, its because, generally, they are the only thing moving on the farm when I am trying to learn\test some new technique on my camera. I have some dramatic shallow DOF of a duck that is really quite beautiful..

Sorry for such a pedestrian answer..;)

Actually, that's makes sense, and a pretty good answer. I know who to turn to if I need footage.

I wouldn't have the courage to show some of the stuff that shows up on my test footage....:weird::lol:

Chicken Footage Request

Well I could use some chicken footage of a guy in the middle of the night (or day where I'll colour correct it to night) dress in full black sneaks in and stealthily steals a chicken (or rooster).

And some random number of camera angled shots of a Chicken(s) footage on an even ground colour so I can import the chicken into various location shots (rather then running around with a chicken).

Also having a chicken walk into the sunset would be cool (except then you have to get the chicken back!)

A good amount of haunting clucks would also be cool.

Not sure when i'll do the project, but its always nice to have some footage in your back pocket.

i remember this thread!

and Dready, what in the world are you planning? i know ur short on footage for the wedding but chickens.......????????? :lol:

lol. Well I want to start out with like a timelapse sunrise and then some pics of them as kids and then together before they were married. And they just started raising a bunch of chickens in their backyard so I thought it would be cool to put some chicken footage in there, too :)

Back