Getting out a funk....

So, my footage for "Making Faces" sits nicely on my hard drive. Yet I cannot bring myself, for whatever reason, to start editing. I like the footage, I think there's some positive in it to be made, yet I CANNOT bring myself to open up the editor.

Any advice from others who have gone through this? How did you shake yourself out of it and get working?

It's just driving me bonkers!

HEY get off your ass and get to it. No whining. All you have to do is push buttons!! DO IT!!

And an IT screening isn't a bad idea.:)

I would start by opening the editor and making your first cut. Just do it, no excuses... I've fallen into the same trap many times... this works every single time :)

Dumb Question:

What's an IT screening (Internet?)

I know getting "to it" and getting off my butt would be a start LOL-just taking the proverbial whip to task :)

Interesting....a screening for Indietalk, in order mainly to push myself on it with a definite deadline....

Have to think about this :) Thanks for the suggestions! :)

The only Funk I know of is the Cracker kind.

Haha. If you didn't say it, I was gonna. Usually, I tend to prefer to get into Funk, though.

Tinalera, perhaps you just need a ball of teets, from outter space.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZwRQDNIPog

Tinalera, if you agree to an Indietalk screening, I will screen something, too. But I'm only doing it if you do it (how's that for peer-pressure). Maybe other people wanna join? We'll make a little mini-festival out of it! Have a deadline, and everything.

my little piece of advice probably isn't as helpful as the others, but I find that I'm quite motivated to make something great whenever I watch a film or cartoon that inspires me. preferably at the theater, lol. it just makes me really think about my inferior work and motivates me to make something greater than I ever did. maybe that's just me, but I figured if the off chance it helped you, I should share it.

if it didn't, I apologize, and wish you good luck.

To be perfectly honest, I'd just get on and do it. You've filmed, editing is the only logical step you can take. If you don't do it now, you may well lose interest, then it'll never get done.

I'm Old Gregg!

my little piece of advice probably isn't as helpful as the others, but I find that I'm quite motivated to make something great whenever I watch a film or cartoon that inspires me. preferably at the theater, lol. it just makes me really think about my inferior work and motivates me to make something greater than I ever did. maybe that's just me, but I figured if the off chance it helped you, I should share it.

if it didn't, I apologize, and wish you good luck.

Actually I do that for inspiration, but it is a good idea nonetheless thanks!

CF: Hmmmm....a kind of like that idea, a mini film fest. People don't have to go out of their way to make anything, but if they're chugging along on their own....

Maybe April 1 screening (April Fools Indietalk Filmfest)-idea maybe?

You're on! If you'll do one I'll do it too (and anyone else who wants to use it as a deadline to finish their projects, the more the merrier!)

I spent a few wasted afternoons lying in bed trying to force myself to edit. I wanted to edit, but I also wanted to lie around cos it was hot and I was tired.

Then I had a brainwave: Edit in bed.

Genius, right?

My advice: Edit in bed.

I get what you have all the time. Editing can be boring and lonely.

I can't stand the thought of editing when I'm walking around. Once I start, I'm in the zone within 3 minutes.

Back