Getting out a funk....

Great idea. Count me in... I was wailing away on a one-minute piece for Wheat's deal, but when I reread the rules, I hadn't kept to the "one scene" requirement and abandoned the work.

And so, The Sun Rose Twice will debut on April 1 as part of this home grown fest.

my truthfulness coming out in ... 3...2...1

ok so i have the same issue... i have some 140+gigs of cars drifting and hard parking and people watching ... from all over japan...

and i even promised my self to have the video idea done in time for sxsw ... because i am going to enter it...

yet... i have been putting it off for a month... WHY... because to me...

i dont think the idea is good enough... honestly... i feel like the footage is wonderful the shots are great and the reason for the video is perfect...

BUT it feels like its missing something...

so i sat around for hours a couple of days thinking about it... and now... i have a whole new direction i am going with and will be reduing a shit load of footage and adding a crap load more to it... so now when i get to editing .... i have to redue my whole intro ... and change everything up...

which means more work for me... but thats not bothering me NOW

so...

in my honest opinion... from some one who was just stuck in that rutt...

rethink the direction you are going and see if you are truly happy with it... if not... redue it again.. fnck it if it takes longer and you cant get it out in time... THIS IS YOUR WORK... be proud of it and make sure its what YOU ... i repeat... YOU want...

thats the beauty of indie stuff... majority of the time... its what the creator wanted... not what a production company wanted some one to make...

Energy drink

Sometimes when I need to power through some editing job I'm not too exited about, I just slam an energy drink. Then just start editing, and you'll have too much surplus energy to stop.

It's all about getting into the Zone. I usually start by trying to psych myself up via thinking about how cool I can make some part, or how people will react to this or that, then once I have something I really want to see done, it's no problem. Sometimes I listen to energetic music such as the crystal method to get the movie flowing in my head.

Hope that helps, I had to edit a 22 minute episode 5 days a week one year, and believe me, I've been there, staring at the premiere icon buy somehow unable to bother pushing it.

Thanks Nate and licenceless :)

That's some good feedback from both of you! Thank you very much! The TAFFFFFF seems to be building up interest, so if you want to be a part of it, the more the merrier! :)

Back