• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Critique my screenplay try

In the bottom of your Celtx text there is a button called TypeSet/PDF, click on that . After you've clicked on that a new button on the top appears which is "save PDF" . Save that unto your desktop and then upload it.

Also a second critique ,

Your script has an interesting premise. It has potential. But it's a bit vague. For example we never get a clear answer to why the Director has turned ? what happened to him ? Why has he become one of the victims himself? Or maybe he hasn't turned at all? Maybe he wanted to know if Jemma could find out about them, and when she was close to uncovering the secret he barges in and fires her ? these questions arise because you haven't thoroughly explained what is happening. What are the Director's motivations ? If you can answer these questions in your script, it would be a more meaningful read. as Panos mentioned, this problem comes from the fact that you're rushing yourself to write. Take your time and try to explain things more clearly before jumping to abrupt conclusions and character arcs.

Last edited:
What a lucky girl. So many people post screenplays and no one reads them.
Future posts a screenplay people can't even access and theyre jumping through hoops for the opportunity.

Official FAQ

Open Celtx "File"
Load an existing Celtx project
Click the "Title Page" tab to create a title page for your script (input the title, author, copyright information and contact information)
Click the TypeSet/PDF tab
Click "Save PDF"
"Save"

What a lucky girl. So many people post screenplays and no one reads them.
Future posts a screenplay people can't even access and theyre jumping through hoops for the opportunity.

I think it comes from the fact that she's been struggling for such a long time to write anything and now she finally has.

Future_Screen Your script feels rushed. It's not only the gremar. We don't learn a lot of things that should be necessary. Why does she wants this assignment? Who is changing? The director doesn't like to be disappointed, so what? Is she a psycho? How can the look over thousand of files? How can we hear a gunshot and then the director pulls out her gun? Is Eric important for this story? So many questions....

Don't use hyperbole as fact in descriptions.

The room is not really two football stadiums big is it?

The main room is as big as two football stadiums.

That sounds like a fact. When I think it is hyperbole. You can exaggerate as long as the reader knows it's exaggeration. But this is written more as fact.

That's about as far as I got because it's riddled with issues. Sorry that I cannot comment further.

Don't use hyperbole as fact in descriptions.

The room is not really two football stadiums big is it?

That sounds like a fact. When I think it is hyperbole. You can exaggerate as long as the reader knows it's exaggeration. But this is written more as fact.
The next line: "The room looked as if it was cut from a James Bond movie."

Maybe it is...

Back