series What series are you watching?

Went through all 15 seasons of its always sunny. most of them i was watching for the 2nd time.
I'd have to say... start at season 2 if you want to watch it since that is when danny devito joins. dude is awesome.

If you just want to watch one episode... I suggest season 8 episode 5 "The Gang Gets Analyzed"
the episode is an argument about who should do the dishes.

Broad City

Great show, funny, likable characters.
Watched all 5 seasons, last 3 episodes are a little too sad for my taste in comedy.

Peacemaker

Watched this for the james gunn.
Holy crepes is this guy doing his best deadpool imperssion or what?

Character is like a straight up deadpool clone

Broad City

Great show, funny, likable characters.
Watched all 5 seasons, last 3 episodes are a little too sad for my taste in comedy.

Peacemaker

Watched this for the james gunn.
Holy crepes is this guy doing his best deadpool imperssion or what?

Character is like a straight up deadpool clone
About Peacemaker -

I just watch the opening credits on autorepeat. Sometimes if I squint really hard, it sounds like a real band is playing.

Last edited:
About Peacemaker -

I just watch the opening credits on autorepeat. Sometimes if I squint really hard, it sounds like a real band is playing.
internet seems to love that opening credits, i'm not a fan. bunch of robot monkeys. its weird.

internet seems to love that opening credits, i'm not a fan. bunch of robot monkeys. its weird.
wouldn't call myself a fan, it's more like rubbernecking at a train crash. If I saw an ostrich wearing a football helmet running across my lawn on fire, I would watch it. Not because it was good, but just because the event seemed out of place in any sane version of reality.

You hired one of the highest paid directors in Hollywood, and his set design is a steel box? Why the dance number? Is Peacemaker a Bollywood show? So many questions, and so few answers.

Looking forward to a Netflix Sopranos reboot, with an opening credits where AJ soprano sings "a whole new world" while riding a Lama that jumps over used cars next to a taco bell surrounded by a conga line. That would make an equal amount of sense.

wouldn't call myself a fan, it's more like rubbernecking at a train crash. If I saw an ostrich wearing a football helmet running across my lawn on fire, I would watch it. Not because it was good, but just because the event seemed out of place in any sane version of reality.

You hired one of the highest paid directors in Hollywood, and his set design is a steel box? Why the dance number? Is Peacemaker a Bollywood show? So many questions, and so few answers.

Looking forward to a Netflix Sopranos reboot, with an opening credits where AJ soprano sings "a whole new world" while riding a Lama that jumps over used cars next to a taco bell surrounded by a conga line. That would make an equal amount of sense.
The only sense i can make of it is that the butterflys are making everyone dance like puppets

The Righteous Gemstones. Season 2 just wrapped up. I didn't really get into where they took it--a sentimental meditation on fathers and family? But still, some memorable characters, some really funny bits, and some great comedic talent: the fantastic Walton Goggins as uncle Baby Billy, the quirkey Edie Paterson as Judy Gemstone, the comically ambiguous Adam DeVine as Kelvin Gemstone, and the one, the only, Danny McBride as Jesse Gemstone. And of course, as the patriarch Eli Gemstone, John Goodman just kills it. (Mr. Goodman seems to just kill . . . everything,)

It took me a couple of episodes of Eastbound and Down to warm up to Danny McBride, and to this brand of humor, but I was soon won over. I have to admit. I love me some Kenny Powers. :)

Black Jesus. Now on HBO Max, (and the somehow, to me, unnavigable Adult Swim.) Honestly, check it out. Again, some great comic talent, including the late Charlie Murphy (Eddie's brother). It's unique, and is uniquely funny. And Slink Johnson, as his stoner magnificence, Jesus, is so damn sweet. (WTFWBJD? lol)

Last edited:
The Righteous Gemstones. Season 2 just wrapped up. I didn't really get into where they took it--a sentimental meditation on fathers and family? But still, some memorable characters, some really funny bits, and some great comedic talent: the fantastic Walton Goggins as uncle Baby Billy, the delightfully quirkey Edie Paterson as Judy Gemstone, the comically ambiguous Adam DeVine as Kelvin Gemstone, and the one, the only, Danny McBride as Jesse Gemstone. And of course, as the patriarch Eli Gemstone, John Goodman just kills it.
Yup - agreed. And Kelvin's "God Squad" cracks me up.

Just watched it yesterday. I remember watching Walton Goggins very early performances and thinking, this guy is a moron. Couldn't have been more wrong. Honestly, he's one of the best actors I've ever seen. In his breakout role on The Shield, he was playing a really stupid person, and it was so convincing that I thought they had just hired an actual idiot for the role. It turns out Walton is a genius level actor, and honestly, I've never seen him do a bad job at anything. Really amazing range as well, you see him in a comedy, and it comes so effortlessly to him that you don't realize that this guy has completely nailed some of the darkest and most intense scenes in television history. I hope they start just giving him a default Oscar every year like Streep. One of the underappreciated all time greats.

Yup. The guy is really something special. I watched, on the you tube, a thing with Conan. And I was surprised--no accent! I completely bought the comic crafted speech of Baby Billy. (I never watched The Shield, but will look for it now.) He was actually kind of soft spoken, reminding me, in demeanor, of Daniel Day Dewis. Mr. Goggins really deserves some DDL-type movie roles.

I finished all of the Highway to Heaven episodes, I just could not stop watching...I just never watched them in the 80's into 90s etc, so decided to check it out...
I can't believe how many great stories and amazing cast members that turned out to be stars there are on this series, it is mind boggling...

If you don't want to watch, I can try and remember the best episodes and all the actors:) <-- I am sure there is an internet resource for it from a fan base.

I hope they reboot the show for 2022, it's a great show concept.

Last edited:

the final season of Ozark.. what a disappointment. (havent finished it)
IDK if the writers are stupid - or if they just think the audience is stupid? Or what?

Major Cartel leaders don't fly around to other countries and conduct business ALONE BY THEMSELVES.
They always have bodyguards and people to do things for them.

This was the biggest problem with sopranos too, anyone that wanted to kill tony could just wait by his newspaper ANY MORNING.
Ya know how easy it is to kill an unarmed, barefoot dude in a bathrobe that is alone and in the same place every day at the same time.. lol.

But at least sorpranos was 20 years ago -- OZARK doesn't have that excuse.
I probably won't even finish the show, its so poorly written.

Not only that but they made it boring by adding an extra 4 episodes or whatever, just stick to the damn 10 episode format.
They had something that was working and they messed with it and made the show too slow and boring bc of it.

Last edited:
Outer Range, on Amazon Prime. At first I was a little reluctant. It had a "Lost" kind of feel, and I thought: I'm not going through that again.

But this is a limited series, I believe. That is, it has a beginning, a middle, and, most importantly, an end. And Josh BrolIn has a real Tommy Lee Jones kind of presence. And the idea--the hole--is kind of cool. Waiting for the final episode. (Giant aliums and miniature golf?)

Also on Amazon, the one about The Godfather, The Offer. Three episodes in and waiting for the next. I like the Coppola/Puzo script writing scenes--pretty amusing. Thinking about it, I re-watched The Godfather and . . . I wasn't knocked out. All the scenes I remembered played through, but, oddly, there didn't seem to be that much more else. I'll have to think about this.

Also the Lakers one on HBO Max: Winning Time. Fun, silly, annoying, but certainly entertaining. One of the things I like most about it is Kareem, who everyone calls Cap. The guy who plays him, with his aloof, intellectual, superiority, is just great. And Ervin and Bird are also very cool. And the basketball looks real!

Last edited:
Schitt's Creek anyone?
Yes. Gone through them twice, but not sure about a third time. I got a little annoyed toward the end--too much time with the bland boyfriends, (David's and Alexis') and not enough time with Eugene and Katherine (who can make me laugh out loud with a syllable!)

Last edited:

the final season of Ozark.. what a disappointment. (havent finished it)
IDK if the writers are stupid - or if they just think the audience is stupid? Or what?

Major Cartel leaders don't fly around to other countries and conduct business ALONE BY THEMSELVES.
They always have bodyguards and people to do things for them.

This was the biggest problem with sopranos too, anyone that wanted to kill tony could just wait by his newspaper ANY MORNING.
Ya know how easy it is to kill an unarmed, barefoot dude in a bathrobe that is alone and in the same place every day at the same time.. lol.

But at least sorpranos was 20 years ago -- OZARK doesn't have that excuse.
I probably won't even finish the show, its so poorly written.

Not only that but they made it boring by adding an extra 4 episodes or whatever, just stick to the damn 10 episode format.
They had something that was working and they messed with it and made the show too slow and boring bc of it.
I tried it but didn't get too far. Maybe I'll try again, but I kind of doubt it. It smelled to me, right off the bat, of beats and arcs dripping off a writer's room white board, and I don't seem to have that kind of patience right now. I know this is just television, at least most television, but I guess I don't seem to have much patience for that either.

Last edited:
I agree with @Spike on everything re the Lakers series, especially Kareem.

I recently finished watching Swimming With Sharks on the Roku Channel, which I liked but didn't love. Currently on the 2nd season of Made for Love, which is odd but good. Also watching Gaslit on Starz, which I love but I'm not sure anyone who wasn't around for Watergate would like.

I agree with @Spike on everything re the Lakers series, especially Kareem.

I recently finished watching Swimming With Sharks on the Roku Channel, which I liked but didn't love. Currently on the 2nd season of Made for Love, which is odd but good. Also watching Gaslit on Starz, which I love but I'm not sure anyone who wasn't around for Watergate would like.
Dang. I don't get no Stars, but Gaslit looks great. Maybe eventually I can buy it somewhere. And yea, Kareem. There's a pretty good doc on HBO, Kareem Minority of One. He is such a soft spoken, intellectual, engaged and engaging guy, as well as being one of the (to my mind, the) greatest of all time--qualities rarely seen together. And Winning Time catches this well. I just looked up Solomon Hughes, who plays Mr. Abdul-Jabbbar, and this is his first acting job. He was a college basketball star, played for the Globe Trotters for a while, and professionally in a few sub NBA gigs. No wonder he looks so good on the court, winning tip offs, dunking, and sky-hooking. :) And the respect, the near-reverential deference, he gets, in the show, from his teammates, from everybody, feels both genuine and . . . sweet.

Last edited:
Back