• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Las Vegas IndieMeet 2012 (June 15-17)

I was hoping to go one of these years. I was thrilled when you
moved it away from Memorial Day weekend. But this Disney
thing got in the way.

Next year, no matter what....

Hey, whatever we can do to help. In other words, you can just stay at the house, etc. Save your money!

Actually, what I meant by employment situation was whether I'd have to work that weekend...

...and, of course, I DO! CRAP!

Big dance show that I light and shoot every year. Good $$$ for a few days' work -- can't pass it up. Dammit! :mad:

This forum seems more interesting. Howdy, Mike! Anyone else we know here, lurking under a different ID?

Hey Jason, er, I mean t0ilet! It is a very good forum and you don't get the snobby claptrap that you get from some "professional" forums. If you are friendly, they treat you right here. It is moderated (lightly). The owner doesn't like the mention of other filmmaking forums by name, but I can live with that.

To be "notified" of responses to your post, you need to select ADVANCED (right under the posting box) and then select INSTANT EMAIL NOTIFICATION, from the choices, below. Otherwise, this board moves so fast, you might miss responses.

As far as other people, Jeff Palmer (aka Flicker Pictures) is here. Some other names/monikers you might know: Steve Gelder, Bird, Mike Cervello and a few others. Did you see Zensteve at IndieMeet 2010? Very cool guy. Wait, both of you are in this pic! Zensteve is on the far right and t0iletphish is on the video camera in the back.

28789_1290756756316_1452157702_624464_6069255_n.jpg

Yay! Now if there are any angry t0ilet haters here, they can totally match up a face with a name now. Thanks, Mike!

Anyway, hopefully I won't have to mention any other film sites on here. The only one that I ever really called home is soon to be sucked up by the nothingness. Kinda sad, but whatever. It isn't being used anymore. Anyway, I told Sheila an hour ago that I WILL be attending this year, even if it kills me. Maybe not sleeping in the backyard this time (as desert sun and alcohol doesn't mix). Maybe in the car so I can sneak off to a strip club in the middle of the night and not wake anyone-- or pay for anyone.

Last edited:
Yay! Now if there are any angry t0ilet haters here, they can totally match up a face with a name now. Thanks, Mike!

You are so welcome! That's not all, folks - t0iletphish is also pictured in the first post of this thread, last picture, sitting behind the camera. :D

I told Sheila an hour ago that I WILL be attending this year, even if it kills me. Maybe not sleeping in the backyard this time (as desert sun and alcohol doesn't mix). Maybe in the car so I can sneak off to a strip club in the middle of the night and not wake anyone-- or pay for anyone.

Dude, just crash in the house somewhere, like zensteve, Richard and Tim did! People are usually asleep by sunrise, you can sneak out then.

Some random updates:

Don Patterson is trying to get a group of Ohio actors to jam into his car and make a road movie, while driving to IndieMeet. That would make for a cool story, if he can pull it off. Original thread is here:

http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?t=39768

I tried hitting up Denver Jackson for showing his movie SOMNIUS, at the meet. Unfortunately, it probably won't be ready that soon. I'm still crossing my fingers for a miracle finish. :D

Jeff Leroy, director of CREEPIES and many other movies, messaged me and is interested in coming out from LA to attend. It's not nailed down, but I hope he does, because he'll probably have his new feature, RAT SCRATCH FEVER with him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx0T9xoTlm8

I'm always open to crowd pleasing shorts, especially genre (horror, sci-fi, action, comedy) stuff. When it comes to features, I prefer stuff that is presented by the actual filmmaker in attendance. Any ideas?

Less than a month to go. As usual, this looks like it will all fall into place at the last minute. Don Patterson and his acting troupe are unable to make the ambitious trip from Ohio, so we actually have some beds available, if someone wants one. Only one is spoken for (Richard from Bakersfield, CA).

I'm gonna be shooting that weekend, after all.

Have a blast! Y'all had great films (and awesome hospitality) last time. Sad to miss it again, but work is work.

Thanks, Zensteve! Kind of ashame that you won't be here, as I'm finally incorporating some of that video footage you shot with my handicam - Mario building the dummy and the pyro guys. I thank you for getting that coverage!

Awesome promo, Mike :cool:

Gonna be doing a presentation on putting that together? All those lightbars are cgi, right?

Back