Goodbye for now.

I've recently been hired on a Hollywood blockbuster, and I am going to travel throughout the Pacific Northwest getting ambiences and spot effects for the sound team to bring back to the final mix.

I'm sorry but I can't state which production this is, but you can make a logical guess at what blockbusters have come out recently that take place in the Pacific Northwest...

Anyway,

I won't be around for a bit this month and next. Hope this forum doesn't get too down without my jokes and sarcasm... Oh yeah, or without my advices on sound for picture. But jokes are more important.

Cheers for now.

- ROC

Last edited:
Have a great time! Details when you get back.

p.s. You'll be using a Zoom h4, right? Your movie must be a labour of love. ;)

lol. Thanks.

Not an h4. That's too high-end for my taste. Too expensive.

Neumann 191ms into a Sound Devices 722.

Ambiences with Schoeps MK22s and a Holophone.

Getting through TSA will be interesting, but I'm not checking those babies.

Let's just say the director knows what sound means to a movie.

Last edited:
I do not approve of this. For you, this is awesome. For me, not so awesome. You will be missed.

While you're there, though, can you please do your best to make those crappy movies tolerable? Actually, I haven't seen #2 or #3, but I've heard enough through the grapevine.

Congrats, ROC! I hope you're finished with this project in time to work the audio on my feature. The offer of five dollah is still on the table!

More importantly, here's what you need to do, in Seattle:

I'm assuming you'll be quite busy, so I'll dispense the normal tourist-advice. I'll narrow down my recommendations to two, each one applicable to a different time of day.

If you've got a small amount of free-time during the day, you'll want to head to the waterfront. Everybody knows about the market in Seattle where they throw fish at each other. That'd be Pike Place Market. It's pretty sweet. It's not just a tourist destination; locals actually shop there for some really quality fish, and a lot of cool craft booths. ANYWAY, from Pike Place Market, what you really need to do is walk down the million steps to the waterfront. Walk towards the ferry landing (not far). Stop at Ivar's for some kick-ass fish & chips. Just get the regular fish & chips; I'm salivating right now, thinking about it. You'll also want to get a bowl (not a cup) of the chowder. I assure you, there ain't nothing like Ivar's in L.A., if you want to eat the local food, this is where you MUST go in Seattle. There are many locations around the city, but the one on the waterfront is really cool, you can sit outside and throw french fries at the Seagulls for them to catch in mid-air.

If you find no free-time during the day, but want some late-night eats, you absolutely MUST go to Dick's. Classic old-school burger joint. It's the NW version of In-&-Out, but better.

Good Luck, ROC!

(are you doing the biopic of Johnny "Wadd" Holmes? I heard it was in the works...)

-Charles

Don't drink the water

Awesome, congrats on the great gig.

Actually, I have no idea what "blockbuster" movies have been taking place up there lately. Beautiful country though. Great place to be on a road show.

If you end up in Seattle on an off day, find the Russian pastry joint on the East side of the street in Pike Place market (should still be there). Awesome snacks.

Awesome, congrats on the great gig.

Actually, I have no idea what "blockbuster" movies have been taking place up there lately. Beautiful country though. Great place to be on a road show.

If you end up in Seattle on an off day, find the Russian pastry joint on the East side of the street in Pike Place market (should still be there). Awesome snacks.

have fun on the new twilight set dude. should be good,

Back