Arctic Warfare

So I just got back from 3 weeks of arctic warfare training at Donnelly Training Area in Alaska. I recorded my jump and figured i would share it with all. Its kinda crappy because I had to be stealthy with my camera. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA4n2Bb-T-M

Rather you than me, buddy. They'd have to push me out. :lol:

How's training going? Didn't you run into some trouble/issue earlier?

To quote you 'That was amazing'! :D

I have to question why the US is training soldiers in Arctic warfare??? Who are they planning on fighting in the arctic?

@Zen- My airborne training went well. This was just one of my regular jumps. We have to jump at least once every three months

@NickClapper- Its kinda funny. The US bought Alaska from russia so we could so we could train soldiers to fight in an arctic enviroment like russia. HAHA

Welcome back man. Good to hear everything is going well. That video brings back memories. What were you jumping, a C-17. I couldn't tell if there was a platform on the door or not. Wait til you jump a C-5 those suck.

Welcome back man. Good to hear everything is going well. That video brings back memories. What were you jumping, a C-17. I couldn't tell if there was a platform on the door or not. Wait til you jump a C-5 those suck.

It was my first C-17 jump. The C-17 is so much better than the C-130.

Yea, that is the best jump you will ever have, besides helicopters. For me in order from the best are:

1. Any Helicopter
2. C-17
3. C-141
4. C-130
5. C-5

Good jumps man.
I wanna jump out of the C-5. Its freaking MASSIVE. I wonder How many jumpers it can hold.
c-5_825927.jpg

haha... I wish i could get a picture of my face coming out of the plane.

It looks like you're doing #2. :)

The C-5 sucks because that plane cannot fly at 130 knots. If it tried, it would fall out of the sky. So they have to fly faster, but the plane is still falling. That means they start at a high altitude, maybe 1400 ft., at the beginning of the Drop Zone, and by the time they get to the end of the DZ they might be at 800-900 ft. So you're jumping too fast, and too high, or too low. But it is an expierience, and it's f*cking big.

WOW... that sounds pretty exciting. I'd hate to be the last jumper though. Theres no to to pull a reserve at 800 or 900 feet. You'd pretty much be screwed if you had a malfunction.

WOW... that sounds pretty exciting. I'd hate to be the last jumper though. Theres no to to pull a reserve at 800 or 900 feet. You'd pretty much be screwed if you had a malfunction.

You got it.:) Then if you're first jumper you could land way off Zone cause you were too high.:)

That was great. Glad I saw this post. Everyone looks so nervous but you're just filming like it's a day at the beach. I dig it.

Back