movies What's the last film you watched? And rate it!

Diving into Netflix.

The VVitch............................7.8/20
It's a creepy story but I had a hard time hearing the characters. I wanted to see what happens after the ending.

The Great Hack ..........................8/10
This movie goes back in forth with the political topic and the digital topic. Both are important but I think the movie overall would of been more effective if it highlights the deceptive nature of advertising and data. That is something that may never go away but if it did perhaps the world would be a better place.

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.........................Early release.
A very good movie with an interesting story and plot. I have one issue on one character's development but overall one of Tarantino's best. I understand if some people don't like it because you have to like his style of filmmaking to appreciate his art.

Avengers: Endgame.....7/10
Not as dumb as Infinity War. Also not as entertaining.

All Things Must Pass: The Rise and Fall of Tower Records.....9/10
Good entertainment/business history documentary.

Once Upon a Time...In Hollywood: 9/10. I'm not that much of a Tarantino fan, but I really loved this movie. It would need a bit of trimming for me to give it a 10, but overall excellent.

Over the years, I've noticed that you and I tend to have different tastes in film (which is fine; this world would be boring if we all liked the same things). Anyway, this is one that we can agree on. I enjoyed the heck out of Tarantino's latest. I think I'd give it an "A", which is probably comparable to an 8/10. The dialog had me in stitches and I think Leo's performance was spot-on.

Childs Play 2019
3.5/5

This is a really good rating from me for a horror movie because it's not a genre I typically enjoy.
What they did here with the remake was make the chucky doll be part of a massive factory producing dolls with AI, and then at the start of the film a disgruntled factory worked takes one of the dolls and modifies it to remove all the safety features and have a capacity for evil.

Voiced by mark hamill.. if you dont know who is doing the chucky voice then you wont get one of the jokes in the film.

I saw Ad Astra last night - I'd give it a 7/10.

I recently saw it described as a "sad dad" movie, and I agree with that.
It's essentially a son trying to re-connect with a father who he thought was dead, but set within
the world of space travel.

The actors are all good, but the pacing is slow - they even speak slowly - and the story wasn't terribly original.

We just saw the new biopic about Judy Garland, "JUDY". Loved the movie, and especially the performance of Renee Zellweger as Judy. She will surely get nominated for an Oscar. Here's the trailer in case you haven't seen it. (click here).

Back