series What series are you watching?

Checked out Willow - its okay
Checked out Bumper in Berlin (pitch perfect spinoff with adam devine) its okay
Watched the first episode of white lotus.. its okay
Wednesday was also okay..

not super into any of them
I think we're all just suffering from saturation anxiety. Competing entertainment organizations have now desensitized me to a point where I can see a tsunami wiping out NYC, and I'll just flip the channel. What's this movie on the next channel? Batman and Elon Musk are kung fu fighting on one of those anti gravity planes, flip channel. Oh look, it's a biopic about me personally, with found footage revealing a long lost identical twin who now resides in.. flip channel.

I was surprised by Willow, they actually did a decent job so far.

Rewatched some original Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

I must say, I am not AT ALL impressed by their mansion lol.
Check this, the butler lives there, plus parents, 3 kids, will smith, and they said they have 3 guest bedrooms

That's 9 bedrooms.. and when will moves into the house, he asks how many bathrooms they have... 4 and a half?? WTF LOL
You know the master bedroom has it's own bathroom, so that means 8 bedrooms have 3 bathrooms?

Can you imagine what it's like when they have family over. Jesus.
Uncle phil you cheap ass you need to install at least one more bathroom so 3 people aren't sharing one!!

Lets just get real for a second what kind of mansion has 3 people sharing a bathroom
that sounds more like an episode of malcom in the middle, 3 people fighting over a bathroom in the morning.

not luxurious mansion living
I saw a house on Flathead Lake, MT, that was 3 bedrooms, 7 baths, and was 7500 sq ft. I'm thinking "What? You have separate bathrooms for the frigging cows?"

I think we're all just suffering from saturation anxiety. Competing entertainment organizations have now desensitized me to a point where I can see a tsunami wiping out NYC, and I'll just flip the channel. What's this movie on the next channel? Batman and Elon Musk are kung fu fighting on one of those anti gravity planes, flip channel. Oh look, it's a biopic about me personally, with found footage revealing a long lost identical twin who now resides in.. flip channel.

I was surprised by Willow, they actually did a decent job so far.

First 2 episodes were pretty good, then it lost a lot of my respect episode 3 with Elora running into the woods.

Cursed men on horseback who have one job - catch Elora, watch her run into the woods and then they just stop at the edge of the forest and stare like 'welp i guess she got away, no way we go after her into a forest!' yeah lets just stop and stare for no reason

starting season 2 of White Lotus. Two episodes in and, like season 1, it's still kind of meandering. It was well into the third episode of season 1 before I started to think this was something worthwhile, above the cut, so I will give season 2 a provisional endorsement.

Plus, nice to see F Murray Abraham.

as well as Napoleons's uncle Rico.
1671038094336.jpeg

anyway.

Last edited:
Yeah, he's kind of underappreciated for some reason I never really understood. I felt the same, good to see F Murray alive and well.

I thought the first season was strong, I've been less impressed by season 2, but maybe you'll like it.

Last edited:
Yeah, he's kind of underappreciated for some reason I never really understood. I felt the same, good to see F Murray alive and well.

I thought the first season was strong, I've been less impressed by season 2, but maybe you'll like it.
Just finished white lotus season 2 and, it might be just me, but I didn't like it to the point that I now, retroactively, like season 1 about 40% less. Oh well.

I have watched the new season of don't hug me i'm scared 2 timme now. I wonderd if it was possible to fill 23 minutes with this and still be fun and interesting. I was not disappointed. 9/10

Murderville is actually pretty good, they just released a special christmas episode with jason bateman.

The clues in this show are straight forward, there's no overly-clever lies and doublethink, actually if you just watch and pay attention you can figure out who the killer is in each episode. Great show and probably my favorite live action will arnett

Last edited:
Three Pines. Amazon Prime.

I only became aware of Louise Penny as a mystery writer of some renown, with a considerable following. because Hillary Clinton chose her to co-write her thriller. (Bill, predictably, picked James Patterson, lol)

Anyway, this is not my favorite genre--the laying out, piece by piece, of bits of some labyrinthine plot, and then the untangling of them by the detective hero, seems a little mechanical and, ultimately, arbitrary. For me, the draw becomes not the mystery, the who done it, but the detective him or her self, the Poirot, the Lord Peter Wimsey, the Miss Marple. And I like this one: Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, here solidly portrayed by Alfred Molina.

In a morning show interview I saw with Ms. Penny, she said that, once she realized she would be spending a lot of time with these people, Gamache, his detectives, and the idiosyncratic townspeople of Three Pines, she decided she wanted them to be people she liked.

And Gamache is likable--not a Poirot-style genius, not an eccentric, not tortured, but a profoundly decent Canadian-type guy.

And on that, the Canadian setting is great, is really appealing, and somewhat, surprisingly, novel. The first murder, in the first episode, takes place during a curling match among the old ladies of the town. (The victim is, surprisingly, electrocuted! lol.)

But it's not just local charm. The show deals with the plight of Canada's native population, and the horrific story of the Residential Schools, in a serious, important, and moving way.

Amyway. This is a well-made, well-written and well-acted, show. I like the format too--each mystery is a two episode story, and four of them have been made, with one story running through all, about a missing Native North American girl.

I think a mystery fan would have to conclude the final rating, but for me, it is up there. I think Three Pines is a vastly worthwhile entry into the genre, with Alfred Molina's Gamache as good as David Suchet's Poirot, or Titus Welliver's Bosch.

Last edited:
Just thought of this and it makes me laugh--James Coco as Perrier (Poirot) in Murder by Death:

"I'm not a Frenchie, I'm a Belgie!"

anyway :)

Last edited:
Just finished white lotus season 2 and, it might be just me, but I didn't like it to the point that I now, retroactively, like season 1 about 40% less. Oh well.
I watched both seasons now - might need spoiler tags but what did you hate so much about season 2?

First season had really strong "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" vibes with a newlywed couple in hawaii
It's everything that 'couples retreat' should have been, but wasn't.

The hotel director was a way way better character in season one, so yeah the second season definitely fell off a bit but i still enjoyed it.

what did you hate so much about season 2?

I've been thinking about an answer, s, for a few days, and, although I'm not sure of this, this is what i came up with:

It's kind of an intense experience, watching, essentially, a six hour movie in one sitting, season one for me, and two sittings for season two. So my initial response was kind of charged. For season one, I thought, this is really good. I thought a bit and edited, removing the italics from the word really. and a third edit would probably remove the word all together. But it is good.

Once i started to get what season one was about, somewhere into the third episode--the 1 (maybe 5) percenters navigating the rest of us--I got interested. It's not a simple subject, and I thought it was explored in an engrossing, entertaining, and certainly well written and acted way.

But once I started to get what season two was about, I thought the opposite: ah god--sex. People chasing their desires regardless of any sense of ethics or decency. People using the desires of others to exploit, to manipulate, and to separate them from their money. It's all about the humping, and this interests me less; it's kind of old hat.

I don't know how much of popular entertainment is about the humping, but I imagine most. Humping and killing, humping and killing. Watching some dude, from behind, a'humping away is almost like watching someone vomit, or deficate. Yes people hump and puke and shit, but I don't really need to see it. (I won't mention the suitcase scene, in season one, which i definitely didn't need to see, lol.) Anyway.

Also, I've seen White Lotus 2 described as satire, but I'm not buying it. I think season 2 thinks of itself as a satire, while not really being one, only to excuse the fundamental implausibility of the whole scheme. Anyway.

Nate's comparison to True Detective was, I think, good. Season one of that was exciting--not a committee deciding what they could trick people into watching, but a singular idiosyncratic point of view. Season two, of both shows, was more like regular TV--not bad but nothing special.

So . . . I didn't hate season two of White Lotus, didn't even dislike it, but I didn't like it.

Last edited:
since i'm from the UK the series i am watching currently is happy valley, i gave treason a watch on netflix the other week but i couldn't get into it so i dont recommend that one

I saw a house on Flathead Lake, MT, that was 3 bedrooms, 7 baths, and was 7500 sq ft. I'm thinking "What? You have separate bathrooms for the frigging cows?"
I live minutes from Flathead Lake. It's not just the lake with insane homes, it's everywhere out here. And it screws up the property taxes for those that have normal homes.

Series I've recently watched, or am watching, or re-watching

Recent:
Wednesday - Loved it
That 90's Show - it was cute

Currently Watching/Re-Watching
Home Improvement
Arrow
That 70's Show
X-Files

Last edited:
I am now currently watching The white lotus i would recommend, i have also just watched the first half of the season of you and i have to say i thoroughly enjoy it. It is deffo better than the season before cant wait for the second half to come out !

Lol, I came here to post the same thing. Just watched You S 4.1/2 and loved it. It was really great to see characters talking and acting like my group of friends in the old days. After the last few years, I was starting to think those people didn't exist anymore, lol.

Finished fargo.. I really didn't care for season 4 much.
Oraetta actress was awesome and stole every scene she was in... but the rest of it..

That Younger fadda brother that was the big guy, it was like a cartoon character he was so stupid.
This big fadda dude, with his dumb jack black looking faces, was tied to a metal pipe and beat to an inch of death, they show a scene where the key is dropped in front of him and he's supposedly so weak he barely even moves to reach for the key.

And then when we see him a moment later?
He is doing a fucking military press with jason schwartzman, way high up in the air, tossing him around through tables ,etc

this guy should be in a hospital bed not lifting human beings over their head in a fist fight, it's like a road runner cartoon.

And then when he dies - by tripping over a rock - I'm supposed to believe his innate reflex after tripping was to contract his arm to his head?
That's how people fall, eh? they curl up their arms and faceplant?? fuck no!!!

Every human on the god damn planet if you trip and fall forward your body has REFLEXES that make you put your arms OUT, not *IN*
I just don't believe it, and to top it off it's stupid.

The main character we're following here, jason schwartzman, his dad basically dies from a toy gun and his brother dies by tripping on a sidewalk, another main character dies from a tornado that's on screen for 10 seconds total, jason schwartzman dies because a fucking GHOST appears (saving the black girl w/ the ring), like wtf, like this is the story I devoted my time to watching? At a certain point when you string enough of these bullshit events together the whole thing just starts smelling like a pile of shit, i hated it.

Last edited:
Back