series What series are you watching?

sfoster

Staff Member
I just watched Episodes (a showtime series) that has ended and now available in full on netflix.

episodes-matt-leblanc-photo-FC-596x401.jpg

It's about two british writers (married) that have a hit show in england and move to LA to recreate the series for an american audience.
This was really great. Some of the laughs that I got out of this show were extraordinarily loud. aka the funny moments were really damn funny.

Also I want to give some special attention to the actress Tamsin Greig
She is the floating head at the bottom of the picture and sometimes plays the disagreeable wife in the show.

I have never seen a disagreeable heel of a wife character be played so likable and funny.
Usually those types of characters are a bit grating to the audience but I liked her the whole time so bravo to her, i know that wasnt an easy performance to succeed at.

Last edited:
I just finished watching season 2 of YOU. Yikes that's some good dark shit.

My girlfriend has talked about that show a few times.. maybe I'll give it a try next.

There are two series that I'm watching that IDK if I will finish.
Watchmen on HBO and Impulse season 2 on youtube; both bored me to cease by episode 4 over a month ago.

The first season of impulse was great, probably the best show I had seen in the year it came out.
Such a shame the second season isnt the same quality... maybe it will pick up if i go back to it.

I didnt finish season two of the enterprise cbs show either.

Last edited:
Awesome. I added Episodes and You to my list.

Binged Season Four of The Expanse on prime like the weekend it dropped. Pretty darn good again.
Just finished binging Season Two of Lost in Space on Netflix and loved it! So good! Sure, Amazon has The Expanse and it gets some deserved buzz. But Netflix has this. I think I like Lost in Space even more. This show is a gem.
Outlander on Netflix. I recommend giving this a try, so far. I'm still on Season One, Episode 10, mind you. Been taking a break from it, but I'm sure I'll get back to it. I had my doubts. It's imperfect, sure. But it hooked me. I've never read a romance novel, per se, but this is what I imagine a romance novel translated to film would be. At times, for me, there have been moments -almost- cringe inducing. Nonetheless, it's pretty darn good so far, and engrossing. Check it out. Give it a try. For me it only got better as it went on and more characters were introduced etc.
The Boys. I started the first episode. Eh. I may try it some more. Did not hook me so far though.
The Witcher. Mmm I'm not too sure. I've watched one and a quarter episodes, I guess. I may continue, May not. Not too enthused so far. But maybe...
Kinda got into rewatching Star Trek Voyager for some reason. May continue.
Just started watching The ABC Murders on Prime. I don't know if I'll continue. It's a maybe for me.

Also The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Amazon Prime is very high on my list of favorite series - I just finished season 3.
She is one of the best writers ever to grace the TV screen. First discovered her when my GF forced me to watch "Gilmore Girls"; a show not even close to my tastes. I loved it. I love Mrs. Maisel.

My girlfriend has talked about that show a few times.. maybe I'll give it a try next.

There are two series that I'm watching that IDK if I will finish.
Watchmen on HBO and Impulse season 2 on youtube; both bored me to cease by episode 4 over a month ago.

The first season of impulse was great, probably the best show I had seen in the year it came out.
Such a shame the second season isnt the same quality... maybe it will pick up if i go back to it.

I didnt finish season two of the enterprise cbs show either.

As a die hard watchmen fan (The movie) I enjoyed the show up until episode 6, a very well done show but no where close thematically and tonally to the original watchmen universe. But after episode 6 the show deviates to a whole different place which honestly I hated and believe has been over-used (concept wise) in today's Hollywood.

I also love Mindhunter on Netflix - I thought season 2 was better than season 1, but I know some people disagree.

Also The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Amazon Prime is very high on my list of favorite series - I just finished season 3.
For me the opposite was the case. The best part about this show ( in my opinion ) was the interviews with the serial killers, which wasn't really that explored in the second season. As if the show runners have run out of famous serial killers ( except for Manson) for the 2nd one.

Last edited:
The Witcher. Mmm I'm not too sure. I've watched one and a quarter episodes, I guess. I may continue, May not. Not too enthused so far. But maybe...

I thought the first episode wasnt that great... and the 2nd episode was one of the more interesting ones of the whole series.
If you finish episode 2 and still dont like it then the series isnt for you. I finished the whole first series. Enjoyed lost in space 2 as well.

I'm watching You and its just okay for me.
I think females are a more appropriate audience as I cannot appreciate any of the horror aspects a woman may feel.

Audience spends so much time from the stalkers point of view that I just end up hoping everything goes okay for everyone and they all live happily ever after.
But what the hell is this copy of the count of monte cristo he gives the kid - holy cow is the abridged version seriously that tiny???

Also I have interstitial cystitis - the bladder condition shared by peach - and it's not an accurate representation but at least there is some awareness to the condition so i guess i can't complain too much. For one scene she has a flare up, very excruciating, but then she goes to the dr and she is all better afterward.. and sober at the same time. Did they give her pain medication or not?? where did the pain go!! ah whatever.

Attachments

• cristo.jpg
    cristo.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
I was a big fan of Breaking Bad and Legion. I wish Legion would have lasted longer. I can't tell you how many times I've re watched it. The Magicians, currently, is my favorite. The actors and characters are awesome. It's the kind of series that keeps me thinking and questioning everything. Well done!

Finally decided to spring for CBS Access so we could binge ”Star Trek: Picard” (what’s available to date) and ”Star Trek: Discovery”.

Love both of them. I know a lot of people gave up on “Discovery” halfway through S01, and I get it. It seems to break canon. But we stuck with it and it all came together toward the end of S01, and makes even more sense in S02. I like where they’ve gone with it so far. We’re almost through S02.

Better call saul is on par with Breaking bad in my opinion if not better. Westworld starts off okay but soon the quality drops drastically over the course of the show.

Back