What grinds your gears?

Having to dial 1 for some numbers in my area code, and not others. Geeze, just let me dial 1 all the time and your computers can figure out that Im NOT making a long distance call.

39 - Stupid people without the good sense to at least be nice.

40 - People that want you/me to distill years of intensive comprehensional education and experience into a functional twenty second explanation before they forget it before the pleasant conversation ends.

41 - People that ask for, demand, or require advice and guidance, then acknowledge the sage and prudent course of action you've created for and communicated to them - only to have the dumbmutherfucker return to their previously self-inflicted injurious ways.

42 - Perpetuation of this idiotic measurement system we have in the States:
- pounds and ounces
- inches, feet, yards, & miles.
WTF?! STOP THAT DUMB SH!T!!!! GD!

43 - Perpetuation of the idiotic time and calendar system.
- 60 seconds in a 60 minute hour of a 24hr day. Whut? Why? Can we not use something simple, like... 50 seconds & minutes in a 20hr day?
- 12 months of nonsensical number of days.
Umm... How about 13 months, each the exact same 4 weeks of 7 days each, plus one free day (kinda like a leap year day every year)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pax_Calendar
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_fixed_calendar
The... 16th would ALWAYS be on a Monday.
The 25th would ALWAYS be on a Wednesday.
I know, I know... it makes too much sense, but.... whatever.

44 - Perpetuation of a stupid 26 character alphabet to make forty distinct sounds.
WTH's the point of having BOTH a "C" and a "K"? Why, in God's name, do we need to use them BOTH in the same word at the same time? FuCK me, that's stupid.
What's the point of inventing a "Q" if you can't use it without a "U"?
"F" and "PH". Umm... that's phuquing retarded.
There, Their, and They're. Someone 'splain the point of that. For really. That's retarded.
Silent letters are also for f#cking pretahrds. (That "p" and "h" are silent!!!! <wink, wink, wink!>)
"IS" should be spelled "IZ", just like it GD sounds like.
"OF"... guess? Guess how "OF" should be spelled? Why not slap any old two random vowel and consonants together and call it "OF". Oh... wait... ! We did.
Why is "abreviate" such a long GD word?

Honestly, I think we should take a survey of the most universally common mispelled words by elementary/primary schoolers and make those the official spellings.
D'ja think?!

No! No, let's by all means continue with this ridiculous cake-walk spelling system. :rolleyes:

45 - Perpetuation of the QWERTY keyboard in the digital age where very, very few secretaries are the exclusive operators of keyboards.
Dvorak keybord: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dvorak_Simplified_Keyboard
You'd think cell-phone manufacturers woulda been all over this.
WTFever.

46 - People overflowing with style while containing little substance. (Bio-paperweights)

47 - Films with the dialog being obliterated by the soundtrack being recorded at the exact same level (or higher)!

People deserve the government they elect.
Dumbasses.

Last edited:
48. Grown adults who are embarrassed about sex. Hey guess what? We all have it, it's kind of essential to the survival of the species. It's natural, and sexuality comes in many forms, get over it. You may not be into Belladonna's Lil' Banger, but that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the people who are. Most of my customers are couples, not deviants, so why don't you go choke on your misconceptions and stereotypes. Chances are it's the only thing you ever would choke on.

Further to that point, 49. The groups of (usually) young women who come into my store, do a quick loop and giggle at everything, treat me like some disgusting lesser being when I greet them, all but ignore and run away from me when I go to the floor to ask them how I can help (BECAUSE GOD FORBID I SHOULD ASSUME YOU WANT TO BUY SOMETHING?!), and then leave (without buying anything), flaming red and giggling the whole way, usually ignoring my goodbye and no doubt conversing about how much of a slut and/or pervert I must be as soon as the door closes. I don't come to where you work and judge you and your industry, how 'bout a little respect?

Which brings me somewhat roughly to number 50. People who think they know more about my industry than I do. Not in a "hey, you don't need to sell to me, or give me any info, let's just have an awesome chat" way (I love those customers). In a "I'm going to buy this cheap TPE toy and I don't need your opinion because I'm better than you. I don't need cleaner, I'm very hygienic." way. If you knew anything you would know that in this industry, just like any other, you get what you pay for. But you enjoy having all those chemicals leaching into your body every time you use that Muffin Mucker. Oh, and when you're done with your disgusting stick of 'how is this shit even legal?', you be sure to enjoy your yeast and/or urinary tract infection/s. Have a great day :D

Those are my top peeves right now.

God I wish I could say "Enjoy your yeast infection" to rude customers.

51. White subtitles over a white background or black subtitles over a black background so they can't be read. Why not white subtitles with a black border so they are visible at all times.

52. My girlfriend.

KIDDING.

52. The guy who wants to be a part of something (a production, gig, project) and they end up just getting in the way.

50. People who think they know more about my industry than I do.
OMG, that's so irritating!
I loathe when customers/clients think they know everything from watching TV and/or just trying to knee-jerk figure out your job.
"Dude. Just... quit. It's more complicated than that. Considerably".

I'll see your "Know nothing/opinionated customer" and raise you it's inverse...

54 - Employees who don't know sh!t about how to do their own job.
Rookies are one thing, but depending upon the job, after between six months to two years at it an employee should know WTH they're doing. I shouldn't know more about your job than you do.

55. People who can't follow a basic numbering system.
LMAO! I was going to give him time to edit that, but... Yeah. That. ;)
Pretty sure he got to the bottom of page 1 and extrapolated.

Last edited:
Everyone knows Cuba is part of Russia. I saw "Red Dawn".

D@MMIT!
Ya'll are confusing me!
Which is it?

MexicanCuba-Small.jpg
or
RussianCuba-Small.jpg

Last edited:
54 - Employees who don't know sh!t about how to do their own job.
Rookies are one thing, but depending upon the job, after between six months to two years at it an employee should know WTH they're doing. I shouldn't know more about your job than you do.

YES! I can't decide if the most irritating thing about that is being the customer they're serving, or serving the customers they've previously served.

56. Making a movie with people who, obviously, don't want to be there.
Seriously. Couple of years ago, we had a Philosophy Teacher, (we are talking college level, so I DON'T KNOW how the following event even happened) that I convinced to let us shoot a short film instead of a midterm paper.
Anyhow, I wrote a script, planed the shots, got everything ready to go.
We could not go through a SINGLE scene from the thing withouth someone asking how much more would we have to shoot.
And God forbid that we needed a second take.

57. intolerance grinds my gears...thats pretty much it lol. My teacher almost got killed for teaching about MLK in school a few years ago. It's AP American history. Thats a huge part of American history! A kid's uncle ran the KKK in a nearby county and had a bomb put on her car. WTF

Back