Tik that's short enough ta Tok

TikTok seems to be where all the eyeballs are at these days.

So I wrote something sexy and short enough for tiktok.

One half of a page! It's very... "spy vs spy"

Last edited:
I guess it depends on your target demographic.

For minimalist thriller fans

"Job"
"Hit"
"Pen"

For action movie audiences, it's two words

"Drive Time"
"Executive Orders"
"Death Game"

On the opposite end of the spectrum you could try one of those pulp fantasy fan fiction titles, where they try to fit a lot of psychological hooks onto the front cover and end up overselling the scale of the product.

"The Chronicles of Eden Prime: Book 0 - The Destruction of the Zircon Hegemony: Path of the Destiny Drive - a Seline Excalibur extended world novel"

I guess it depends on your target demographic.

For minimalist thriller fans

"Job"
"Hit"
"Pen"

For action movie audiences, it's two words

"Drive Time"
"Executive Orders"
"Death Game"

On the opposite end of the spectrum you could try one of those pulp fantasy fan fiction titles, where they try to fit a lot of psychological hooks onto the front cover and end up overselling the scale of the product.

"The Chronicles of Eden Prime: Book 0 - The Destruction of the Zircon Hegemony: Path of the Destiny Drive - a Seline Excalibur extended world novel"

Lol that long ass title for a 50 second short film. take longer to read the title than the watch the movie. ๐Ÿ˜„

Oh I've got it!!!
Whole film she is on her knees in front of that safe so I will call it....

Preyer!
On her knees like she is praying but she is actuallying preying.

And it's a weird ass word with the #1 youtube result having less than 100k views
I also think I might nickname her the brown recluse lol. Like marvels black widow.

I think I'm ready to send it to the music man... Although i can't quite get the fire right :(
Something about adding the fire over red bricks just isn't blending correctly for me. [edit - fixed it for next version]

42 Second film :)

Last edited:
For fun i decided to aim for a 30 second benchmark.
I like it more at 34 seconds though lol, i think i will let the official version breathe more.

tiktok doesn't show runtimes anyway

Last edited:
Somehow I am still working on this damn thing lol!!
I split it into two versions now... a 30 second version and a 60 second version.

Neither of which had time for this deleted scene

The shot sounded cool in my head but its way too slow for what im attempting.

I get what you're doing here, and it might work, doing short attention span theater for social media stuff is probably a great idea. I would suggest that you make a series of these, and here's the important part, start releasing them at timed intervals. "check back here for a new 1 minute movie every tuesday at 5pm or something like that. Many have told me that with releasing content on social, establishing a rhythm is half the battle. If you wrote 30 of these and released them once or twice a week, that could work. Releasing 3 30 second movies a week would work even better, if you can keep them interesting.

If you can get one good laugh, or WTF, or "This!" moment in each short, you're on your way.

Last edited:
Better yet, a continuous story. What's up with that hard drive? Let's see what comes next, for 30 seconds. And let's see what happened before this. This is simply a scene. There is no setup or payoff. He just got blown up is all we know.

A feature film told in a year with a new 30 sec. scene every Tuesday and Friday. You get the idea.

One thing you may consider is lowering your level of effort per unit. Just a tweak to the quality vs quantity slider. I just say that because following this particular video for a month or so, I can tell you're putting a lot of effort into it. Your quality looks great, I just wondered if the level of effort involved might be slowing you down more than necessary for YouTube.

Here's a channel where a guy is completely nailing this formula. As you can see, his filmmaking chops are vastly inferior to yours, but this guy keeps pulsing low effort 1 minute videos year round, and he's got 4 million subscribers. He actually does a connected serial series at one point, just like we're discussing here.

Not exactly your style, but food for thought,

i definitely could have released this a lot sooner with less effort but i've been having fun.
IDK if there's really a market for this kinda stuff, nobody is doing it on tiktok as far as i can tell.

and it's really hard to write a compelling script that short, idk if i can do 300 of them.
but I DO have some more of them in a folder.

Better yet, a continuous story. What's up with that hard drive? Let's see what comes next, for 30 seconds. And let's see what happened before this. This is simply a scene. There is no setup or payoff. He just got blown up is all we know.

You can be pretty sure he got laid too, at least that was the implication I was going for ๐Ÿ˜„
I have a part 2 of the script where she takes the hard drive somewhere. gonna film it this month.

Sent the 30 sec version to the musician and he is starting the score now.

But BOY DO I FEEL FUCKING STUPID
TikToks are all in portait mode aspect ratio lol gonna have to tweak this.

I'll bet you don't make that mistake a 2nd time.
I'm NOT criticizing - I'm just in live & learn mode today :)
Would have been more fun to frame this in portrait on purpose, but it wasn't a big deal to mix it up in the edit since it was 4k footage.

Last edited:
Thought you might like this article
Article didn't even mention the aspect ratio, would not have helped me lol.
I've been using tiktok for a few days now though. i think i have the hang of it.

Last edited:
Or perhaps you could have checked out TikTok before making videos for it ๐Ÿ˜›

Back