The Dark Knight Rises

If that's the title they chose then can you imagine the ones they threw out?

The Dark Knight goes POW! BIF! CRACK!
The Dark Knight: The One Without the Joker
Batman Ends
Batman: Cultural Learnings in America Make for Great Benefit City of Gotham
Batusi: The Forbidden Dance

I don't remember where I saw this, but if I recall correctly, I believe I read an article a while back - an interview with Chris Nolan, in which he discusses the villain. You know how random the villain was in "Batman Begins"? Nobody would've ever guessed that. Well, he basically said that the villain in the next movie would also be a lesser-known villain from the Dark Knight universe. So, I wouldn't hold my breath for the Riddler.

I don't remember where I saw this, but if I recall correctly, I believe I read an article a while back - an interview with Chris Nolan, in which he discusses the villain. You know how random the villain was in "Batman Begins"? Nobody would've ever guessed that. Well, he basically said that the villain in the next movie would also be a lesser-known villain from the Dark Knight universe. So, I wouldn't hold my breath for the Riddler.

Ra's Al Ghul and The Scarecrow? Are they really lesser-known villains?

All I can say is that it ain't The Riddler. Also that Tom Hardy is signed up, most likely, to play Harvey Bullock but he won't be the main villain. I don't know which way I'm leaning on this. I'd love to say a non-supernatural version of Killer Croc but I'm not sure how that'll work.

My guess would be, because I think this'll be the last Nolan movie, that he'll want to tie up the strings of the last two movies rather than introducing a big new set piece villain. So Two-Face and the Scarecrow to return, aided by Harvey Bullock in the Comissioner's Office.

Ra's Al Ghul and The Scarecrow? Are they really lesser-known villains?

Oh. Sorry, I never read the comics. I guess they're lesser-known to the un-initiated, like myself. I had never heard of them before the movie. But I take it from your post that they're pretty major players. So, maybe I'm remembering that article wrong?

I had never heard of the Scarecrow, before the movie. I have a couple Batman comics, including a giant sized "Batman versus Manbat!" I guess Manbat isn't well known, either.

I had never heard of the Scarecrow, before the movie. I have a couple Batman comics, including a giant sized "Batman versus Manbat!" I guess Manbat isn't well known, either.

Well, the thing is, (and correct me if I'm wrong, Clapper), I believe these movies aren't based on the Batman character in general, but on a specific series of comic books -- The Dark Knight comics, or something like that. So, there's a specific storyline, and I assume (based on Clapper's post) that in this storyline, I guess the two villains from "Batman Begins" are pretty huge in those specific comics.

I'm not an expert having never read the comics either. But I played the Arkham Asylum game and have researched it all pretty thoroughly, so I know the basic layout of the Batman villain system.

Ra's Al Ghul is probably the second most famous after The Joker, in terms of the comics. The Scarecrow's also quite a big player, more in the veign of the The Penguin or The Riddler.

There are probably loads of people who know the comics better than I do, but, yer, they're pretty major players as far as I can tell...

You know what's wrong with the title. Night falls. I know it's K-night. But seriously, we all hear "night falls" and "sun rises". So I think, in the back of our minds we hear "dark night rises" and it makes no sense what so ever. ????

Catwoman! Catwoman! Catwoman!

The more you shout the less likely you are to get it, ok?

I also agree with your point Murdock, perhaps that's part of the reason why it sounds wrong to me. Then again 'The Dark Knight Falls' could be a bit of a giveaway.

As if to round off a week of terrible titles, producers have announced the Mission Impossible 4 is going to be called Ghost Protocol :tongue:

Well, the thing is, (and correct me if I'm wrong, Clapper), I believe these movies aren't based on the Batman character in general, but on a specific series of comic books -- The Dark Knight comics, or something like that. So, there's a specific storyline, and I assume (based on Clapper's post) that in this storyline, I guess the two villains from "Batman Begins" are pretty huge in those specific comics.

The movies themselves are basically a retelling of Batman. Although they share a connection to many different batman series they aren't based off of anyone. Nolan wrote all the scripts as original pieces but starting from the beginning and from a different perspective. Im an avid Batman Comic reader so yeah.

The reason you haven't heard of Ra's is well i dont know. His is a big character in all batman comics but I guess he never caught the attention of different media like toys and stuff. Scarecrow was moderately advertised as a villain but some villains, even the huge ones didn't seem to drift into the mainstream thought.

It IS Nolan's last Batman in the franchise, he mentioned.

Yeah, I meant to comment on this earlier, when Rockerrockstar brought it up. It is confirmed to be the end of Nolan's involvement. And that likely means the end of Bale's involvement. But I'd be surprised if there isn't a 4th movie. Just cuz these guys don't get involved doesn't mean the powers that be won't be tempted by the promise of easy money.

Yep I saw that too. Although I think there is still the slight possibility of a fourth Nolan movie, if Number 3 is uber successful and he gets offered a huge deal. He's only human.

As for it being the end of Bale's involvement, I think that's more of a leap. Might you it could well be, I don't think any actor has been Batman four times, but he could well continue with another director. I can see Paul Greengrass picking up where Nolan leaves off, like he did with Bourne Supremacy.

As for the Robin thing, Nolan has said that whilst he is director there will be no Robin, as Robin didn't become involved in the Batman comics until he was a much more etablished super hero. Nolan still views his movies as origin stories, even though we're now three films in.

Paul Greengrass, NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I don't think I could stomach "Dark Knight: Shaky-cam".

You know who should take it over? Ben Affleck. :yes:

I go poopy in my pants. My friends call me Poopy-Pants. Sometimes, I even poop out of my mouth.

;)

Just messin with ya. But if you're going to change my quotes, you can expect the same in return.

Darren Aronofsky could be interesting. But can he direct action? That's pretty important for Batman, and Affleck has shown a knack for that, as well as a knack for making seedy underworlds come to life.

Oh, I had to google "FYP". Lol.

Back