The Dark Knight Rises

Yeah, i saw it on imdb earlier. Catwoman and Bane.

And i like that Tom Hardy is going to be playing Bane.

Although, many people are crying that we wont see Nolan's take on The Riddler. Im sure Bane will be great but i do kind of wish we could have had an evil twisted Riddler.

What ever happened to the good-'ol days when a Superhero only needed one arch-villain?

I've really enjoyed the first two, and I'm predicting Nolan will most likely finish the trilogy off nicely, but seriously, wouldn't just Catwoman suffice?

Ah, whatever. I probably would've said the same thing about Two-Face and Joker, but that turned out to make perfect sense, seeing as how The Joker's entire plan was to turn a hero into a villain.

Disappointing news.

I find Anne Hathaway quite a frustrating actress and certainly not an action one (see Get Smart for further details). I would have preferred Keira Knightley in that role, but to be honest I expected Nolan to chose someone relatively unknown (the equivalent of what Fincher did in choosing Rooney Mara for Salander).

Please that Tom Hardy's going to be central though. Bane is a cool role (I think I predicted Bane as the villain earlier this thread :cool: ) and he's a cool actor and deserved a bigger part that Bullock.

Bane = Bad Idea!

Tom Hardy planning Bane = Even Worse Idea!

Comic book Bane is a monster, practically the size of the Hulk. The only way to replicate that is to have the character done in CGI. That would be terrible, especially in this Batman world.

I can only assume the Nolan’s have chosen to go with Bane based on the storyline where he cripples Bruce Wayne. When this happened in the comic, Robin took over from Batman. Is Robin in this film? That would also be pretty terrible.

I really hope I’m wrong on all this, but I fear the worst!

They should just stick with Catwoman.

Bane = Bad Idea!

Tom Hardy planning Bane = Even Worse Idea!

Comic book Bane is a monster, practically the size of the Hulk. The only way to replicate that is to have the character done in CGI. That would be terrible, especially in this Batman world.

I can only assume the Nolan’s have chosen to go with Bane based on the storyline where he cripples Bruce Wayne. When this happened in the comic, Robin took over from Batman. Is Robin in this film? That would also be pretty terrible.

I really hope I’m wrong on all this, but I fear the worst!

They should just stick with Catwoman.

Michael Caine is a sidekick of sorts, right?

I'm a bit nervous with Hathaway as catwoman... But if anyone can pull it off, Nolan can.

People thought the same about Ledger as The Joker. Although I think if people are hoping to see some latex/leather clad Catwoman ala Michelle Pfeiffer they may be disappointed. I'm thinking, going with Nolan's gritty vision, we'll see something akin to the modern Catwoman in comics-sexy, yet probably more sensible material for climbing rooftops and doing catburglarly (though I do hope he retains the whip :D)

Hathaway can at least act-at one point there were rumours of Megan Fox-I'm sorry, I have yet to see acting chops from her-she would be strictly for the T and A factor IMO.

I think they're going to the Knightfall storyline, but Catwoman is probably going to be the one taking over vigilante duties while Bats is recovering (as Catwoman, not as Batgirl (At Huntress did for a short time before the new batgirl took over in comics).

Catwoman is going more the Anti-hero rather than the villian.

As for Bane, again, I'm Nolan benefit of the doubt-he may use Bane in a "realistic" way we hadn't thought of-it won't Bane like in Batman and Robin (heavens I hope not anyway!)

Last edited:
the new movie will have ann hathaway as catwoman. and some dude from inception playing bane. I dont have the link for this confirmation but i saw it.

and cracker funk is right, the movies were based off of a series of graphic novels, batman year one, the long halloween, arkham asylum, and a story by denny o'neil called the man who falls.

this is nolans last batman movie, darren aronofsky has been rumored to take it over, but he already wrote a screenplay called batman: year one, with frank miller. He wrote that before nolan took over, and the screenplay was turned down. it wasn't anything like the comic book but its a very interesting story, you can read about it here

http://www.batman-on-film.com/opinion_jett_yearonereview.html

read that story and tell me aronofsky isnt gritty enough for the new batman!
speaking of gritty, hasnt anyone here seen the wrestler? (one of my favorite american films from the last 10) tell me that the dark knight is "grittier" than the wrestler. pfftt

i think it also says somewhere in there that he wants to make a comic of that screenplay first.

personally I don't think he's going to do it. He has a lot of freedom with the wolverine, he said its not even based in the comic universe, its just an interpretation of the character. I don't see him putting so much of his time into comic movies, I guess it depends on how The Wolverine turns out. They should give batman a break anyway, then see if someone can really do something different with him. It doesnt need reinvented every 5 years.

I love Aronofsky. and about the action arguement, I dont' think that he can make an action movie if he wanted to, its not his style. But he can definitely pull of a batman movie. Personally I don't think the dark knight was very action packed, but it sure as hell was entertaining. I think an aronofsky version would be much more cinematic and engaging in that way.

edit: just realized i didnt see the last 2 pages before i made this post, hah so this is all responses to page 3 and repeat of some info :/ whatever.

Last edited:
the new movie will have ann hathaway as catwoman. and some dude from inception playing bane. I dont have the link for this confirmation but i saw it.

and cracker funk is right, the movies were based off of a series of graphic novels, batman year one, the long halloween, arkham asylum, and a story by denny o'neil called the man who falls.

this is nolans last batman movie, darren aronofsky has been rumored to take it over, but he already wrote a screenplay called batman: year one, with frank miller. He wrote that before nolan took over, and the screenplay was turned down. it wasn't anything like the comic book but its a very interesting story, you can read about it here

http://www.batman-on-film.com/opinion_jett_yearonereview.html

read that story and tell me aronofsky isnt gritty enough for the new batman!
speaking of gritty, hasnt anyone here seen the wrestler? (one of my favorite american films from the last 10) tell me that the dark knight is "grittier" than the wrestler. pfftt

i think it also says somewhere in there that he wants to make a comic of that screenplay first.

personally I don't think he's going to do it. He has a lot of freedom with the wolverine, he said its not even based in the comic universe, its just an interpretation of the character. I don't see him putting so much of his time into comic movies, I guess it depends on how The Wolverine turns out. They should give batman a break anyway, then see if someone can really do something different with him. It doesnt need reinvented every 5 years.

I love Aronofsky. and about the action arguement, I dont' think that he can make an action movie if he wanted to, its not his style. But he can definitely pull of a batman movie. Personally I don't think the dark knight was very action packed, but it sure as hell was entertaining. I think an aronofsky version would be much more cinematic and engaging in that way.

edit: just realized i didnt see the last 2 pages before i made this post, hah so this is all responses to page 3 and repeat of some info :/ whatever.

d.a. is awesome. and batman year one that he wrote really has a potential to be a great film. its just not a batman movie. he should just stick with wolverine for now. mr. gasser sure did some research haha and in my opinion they should at least stop with the films for at least 8 years and focus on tv animation. if the studio is on a batman high, i say they just do film adaptations of batman's greatest graphic novels. everyone knows the characters, so you dont have to make an origin. plus if any huge director who is a big batman fan but doesnt want to do a trilogy can just make a film about the character. batman is the only one that you can do that with. there are so many interpretations of him, the ideas are limitless...personally if i were ever to direct, write, or design a batman movie i would make batman beyond. its new, and with technology these days it could be a fun film...kudos kory for doing your homework haha

the new movie will have ann hathaway as catwoman. and some dude from inception playing bane.

That dude (Tom Hardy) is chameleon and obsessed with getting into parts. I was shocked to learn that he was the villian in STAR TREK: NEMESIS. I didn't know he was acting on the big screen that long! I think he could be good as Bane. At least, the effort will be there.

The guy changes appearance almost every movie!

Tom-Hardy.jpg

351039-hardys_large.jpg

tom_hardy-bronson.jpg

Janovek1.jpg

005MRA_Tom_Hardy_001.jpg

Back