The Dark Knight Rises

He's done plenty of action scenes in his films.

Hmm, let's agree to disagree. In my opinion, an action scene (which is a vague term) is not nearly on the same level as an entire movie that is based on constantly jolting the audience with a shot of adrenaline. Nevertheless, at least we can agree about looking forward to seeing what he does with "Wolverine".

;)

Just messin with ya. But if you're going to change my quotes, you can expect the same in return.

Darren Aronofsky could be interesting. But can he direct action? That's pretty important for Batman, and Affleck has shown a knack for that, as well as a knack for making seedy underworlds come to life.

Oh, I had to google "FYP". Lol.

I sometimes laugh out of my butt-sphicnter....???

Hmm, let's agree to disagree. In my opinion, an action scene (which is a vague term) is not nearly on the same level as an entire movie that is based on constantly jolting the audience with a shot of adrenaline. Nevertheless, at least we can agree about looking forward to seeing what he does with "Wolverine".

:cool:

I have to say that much as I liked Gone Baby Gone and The Town, I would be apprehensive about Affleck doing anything outside of a very restricted crime genre or outside of Boston.

I think Darren Aronofsky is a bit showy for the 'new Batman'. The gritty realism that Nolan tried to reivent the franchise with is more suited to lower key, more 'earthly' directors than Aronofsky.

I really hope Nolan doesn't invent a bad guy or something. Like Sam Raimi was going to do for Spiderman 4, The Vultress?! WTH. Felicia Hardy?!

I'm not sure I understand this.

If we look at the movies that are on the same sort of scale as Batman (and this is very rough) I would say that The Fountain and Black Swan are both very ostentatious films.

The Wrestler and Requiem for a Dream are both too low key (if I'm not contradicting myself here) for a superhero movie, so it makes sense to judge him on the works that are closest to the style that he would have to employ.

I'm not saying he'd do a bad job, I just think they would have to do another reboot.

If we look at the movies that are on the same sort of scale as Batman (and this is very rough) I would say that The Fountain and Black Swan are both very ostentatious films.

The Wrestler and Requiem for a Dream are both too low key (if I'm not contradicting myself here) for a superhero movie, so it makes sense to judge him on the works that are closest to the style that he would have to employ.

I'm not saying he'd do a bad job, I just think they would have to do another reboot.

I would not pile them together like that. I know what you mean when you say wrestler and requiem are both low key but they are handled very differently from each other. In fact the subject matter of each of his movies is so different from each other and i think he gives each movie what it deserves. So perhaps he would give Batman exactly what it would need at that point.

However, personally, i wouldnt want him to do a superhero movie. And i dont like the news about wolverine. It would be novel to watch a superhero movie directed by him but i would rather he spent time doing what he has done since the beginning with Pi, tackle unusual subjects.

I think Bane would be the ideal choice for the next villain. Nolan might even take inspiration from Bane killing Batman as Nolan has said that unlike the comics he sees the medium of movies to have an end and that this film will be the "end" of his Batman (interpret that how you will...).

Also, yeah the name blows. It should have been something just as different as The Dark Knight was to Batman Begins. I saw mock-up posters for Gothem Rising. That would have been better, although I do really like just "Batman" as somebody earlier mentioned.

Oh, and Harvey Dent is dead. He better stay Dead, that's what people in do when they die.

I'm sure I read not too long ago the title was supposed to be The Dark Knight Returns. That would be way better than Rises! I mean, I didn't even know Bruce Wayne was impotent.

As far as bad guys go, I don't think there are many that would fit in to Nolan's world. His villains need to be human, not supernatural, not something that couldn't reallistically exist. That's why, IMO, he should go with The Riddler. I heard rumours long ago that Johnny Depp was in talks?

Maybe he could do Killer Croc, but a more realistic version, with some sort of skin disorder. Maybe he starts the film with really bad eczema and progressivly becomes the reptillian Croc? Sounds like a good idea to me!

Or how about Scarface? A ventriloquist controlled by his mobster puppet. That could work, but only if Pacino signed up to do the voice of the dummy.

Talia Al Ghul
Black Mask
Hugo Strange

These are the names I keep hearing for the characters.

Greengrass and his "shaky-cam"?? Pft...how about Gaspar Noé's Irreversible (2002)? You think Greengrass is annoying with the "shaky-cam"...well you ain't seen nuthin' yet!

Talia Al Ghul
Black Mask
Hugo Strange

These are the names I keep hearing for the characters.

Greengrass and his "shaky-cam"?? Pft...how about Gaspar Noé's Irreversible (2002)? You think Greengrass is annoying with the "shaky-cam"...well you ain't seen nuthin' yet!

Haven't seen it. I'll remember to take my dramamine first, if I ever sit down to watch it.

I personally like "THE DARK KNIGHT FALLS" or "THE DARK KNIGHT'S DEMISE." That's me.

I hear Tom Hardy's gonna play Hugo Strange. That'd be brilliant, really. Anyone saw Bronson? That was a really spectacular movie. Madness at its finest. So, Hardy would be a good choice for Hugo Strange.

Back