• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace

If anyone knows any reason why this commercial should not be submitted...

Here's the 'final' version of my superbowl commercial! All color correction/fx have been done.

Please, please let me know if/how I can tweak anything to make it better. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYhM8SOTx74
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYhM8SOTx74

Thanks to everyone for your input so far, it's been super helpful :D

Had a chance to checkout any of the other submissions yet, much competition?

I haven't yet, but I'm sure there will be lots(I'm thankful it's only open to US residents, I don't need competition from you, paper!). Which is why I made sure to follow the rules to a T. There is an initial screening before they put it on the site for voting so I want to make absolutely sure I get a past that.

I haven't yet, but I'm sure there will be lots(I'm thankful it's only open to US residents, I don't need competition from you, paper!). Which is why I made sure to follow the rules to a T. There is an initial screening before they put it on the site for voting so I want to make absolutely sure I get a past that.

Well, you have my vote, and many at IT. I'm sure it'll contend with any submission.

Goodluck, Dr.Dre-ads.

I'm having a hard time getting this just right. I do want a bit of overlap with the effect, and it's also needed to cover up ugly edges when the top layer starts to ripple. Idk, I'll keep playing with it.

look for the motion tile effect to fix the ugly top layer edge. Set size to 10% and mirror edges.. should fix that right up..

The balloon and the cabbage were Sean's idea. And I think it totally made the piece!

I'll tell him you loved it, he'll be elated :D

I haven't submitted the video yet. When I do I'll post a link so y'all can vote. If it's the same as previous years you can vote once a day and you get entered into a sweepstakes to win superbowl tickets.

Who cares about a logo when the commercial is so great, though? ;)

Um, actually Pepsi probably does. So, out of curiosity, I checked out the resources they supplied you with -- sounds, music, etc. I see that they've got logos and even an animated one with their slogan. I kinda think they want these in the video, at least one of them. So I started looking at your video with this in mind, and though it would be tough, I do think there are ways to make it just a tiny bit shorter, to allow a few seconds for a logo at the end.

Say, for example, there's a shot when Nicole steps into the frame to see Sean. She pauses for a moment, before skipping over in his direction. Do we really need to see her travel all the way over there? Or, could we end that shot just barely after she starts skipping in his direction, cutting out the majority of her travel-time. That would still cut together with the next shot, because the next shot begins with her out of frame.

That's just one example. I have a feeling, if we really look at it, we can find a way to squeeze in a logo.

Also, in an earlier post, you mentioned that you have some difficulty editing music. I'd be happy to give it a go, if you'd like.

After incorporating many of the suggestions from you nice folks, here's the 'final' product.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6A0xAclCc8

Let me know what you think. I'll be submitting tomorrow :D

I think that commercial is neater than a really organised desk :D

That said, Pepsi Max is a god awful drink and I cannot and will not support anything that encourages people to drink it...

:P

Back