Secret Santa 2012

In keeping with the holiday tradition started by a certain IT member who shall remain nameless but who I will refer to from here on out as Mr. Nick Clapper, it's time for IndieTalk Secret Santa III!

For those of you who don't know how it works:

Step One: Sign up by replying to the thread in the affirmative.

Step Two: I'll get everyone's email, names will be drawn no later than December 4th.

Step Three: Once you have your match, get to work making a gift in the form of a short film or video message. Creativity is encouraged but not required. The important thing is that you give something.

Step Four: I'll start a thread in the screening room a few days before Christmas, so please hold off on your submissions until that is open. And remember it's Secret Santa so mums the word.

Step Five: Post your gift video in the gift thread no later than Christmas Day (that's December 25th for those of you who just crawled out from under a rock.)

If you've got any questions feel free to ask them here! Let's make this the best IndieTalk Secret Santa yet!

Participants:

Dreadylocks
rayw
Knightly
Cracker Funk
Zensteve
NickClapper
wheatgrinder
Ernest Worthing

Last edited:
Deeeeeeeer Seakrit Sandy Claws,

Fo mi Seakrit Sanda giff I want sumpin funny.
Smirk.
Grin.
Chuckle.
Chortle.
Guffaw.
LOL.
ROTFLOL.
Squirt my pants ROTFLTFOL make me wanna slap my mama.

I don't care.
I'm easy to please.
th_AnimatedGIF-SantaStuckInChimney-1.gif

Yes.
Sign me up!

I'm committing this year! I'm all for it, it'll give me something to shoot other than my cats with my new camera :)

Cats with Santa hats - shot with your new camera!

Have you seen the guy on youtube that does the voice-overs with dog videos?
I think it's a weimeranner that he's teasing about a dog biscuit or something and the dog is "talking" with a lotta "What?"s and "Oh, no!"s.
Pretty funy the first few times.

I'm not sure yet but I think I will be out of town and away from my camera and computer this Christmas.

But I'm glad this tradition is carrying on and I have fond memories of the first one.

Happy filming!

EDIT: Just realized my premiere membership has expired. Oh God, the ads... all the ads!

Doesn't need to be anything fancy, Pepper Jack. :)

Some people go full-tilt insane; others come up with something pretty basic. I'm sure the past two years are still online, if you wanna take a look at what it's all about.

Ernest Worthing said:
I'm not sure yet but I think I will be out of town and away from my camera and computer this Christmas.

But I'm glad this tradition is carrying on and I have fond memories of the first one.

Happy filming!
Hey! Nice to see you around here. We need to do some catching up soon :) I have some good news, too.

That's too bad you're not gonna be able to do it! I really loved the one you made for me the first year :yes: Maybe you should just bring your camera with you? C'mon! C'mooooon.

Ernest Worthing said:
EDIT: Just realized my premiere membership has expired. Oh God, the ads... all the ads!
Mine went belly-up a few weeks ago. It's so god-awful distracting. I plan on renewing but the money isn't there right now.

Just get adblock extension/addon.

I'll admit to using an adblock plugin for chrome, but I actually put sites I like and want to support on my exceptions list. I think it's the right thing to do.

Back on topic though, I think you should sign up. If you don't come up with anything you can always just make a little video saying 'Merry Christmas.' It really doesn't have to be fancy.

Deadline for sign-up is tonight though, I'll be sending out confirmation emails to the Santa's probably around 10pm CST (-6 GMT). So get movin' and sign up! This train is leaving the station! :D

I'm in.

But take notice! If I draw the same name AGAIN that will be too much to accept as coincidence.

Woho, Satan claws is comin' to town!

iPhone only movie making tools.. for you that are on the road without gear..

just fyi:

Camera apps:
8mm
iphone (built in)
Filmic pro

Editing apps:
The vimeo app does some editing
1st video (multi track and audio! also has camera app built in)

btw, wheat, I'll be needing your email as soon as possible so I can do the matching. you can send it to me at SatyricaFilms (at) yahoo (dot) com.

Back