Secret Santa 2012

Dang, knightly -- you checked your email at work, and that's considered nefarious?! You better not be the yardstick for who gets into heaven, cuz if so I'm screwed. :P

Wow. People are planning and executing so methodically. This should be good and I'm already too curious to watch the results.

As I mentioned before joining, I might not even be around a camera and computer and my video is going to very short. I plan on thinking about this, writing, shooting and editing all on the 23rd of December.

I hope it can hold a candle to all the other submissions.

@Knightly: Storyboards? Would love to have you on my crew someday if you take a friendly IT collaboration so seriously.

Last edited:
I'm just a plane ticket away ;) The story boards are just a notch above stick people, but they do the trick for composition and seeing how the story will unfold.

It finally snowed here in MN (which was really weird, we're normally sick of snow by now). I'm hoping to shoot tomorrow... if the weather cooperates, I'll have to acclimatize my camera well though as it's 10-20 degrees out right now... boots and gloves weather.

OK... have to wait for the sun to do its thing. Currently -1F and although I know my XL1s will shoot at -10, I'm babying this camera a little bit yet... and it was 40F 2 days ago... so perhaps I'm babying me a little. Either way, the foot of snow we got yesterday will be fun to shoot in. Have to plan my shots for the footprints I'll leave doing it.

I hope it can hold a candle to all the other submissions.
It can if you give it opposable thumbs. ;)

It finally snowed here in MN (which was really weird, we're normally sick of snow by now). I'm hoping to shoot tomorrow... if the weather cooperates, I'll have to acclimatize my camera well though as it's 10-20 degrees out right now... boots and gloves weather.

Today we (I say we, but really all credit goes to mother nature) broke the record in Chicago for most consecutive days without measurable snowfall. Thanks climate change!

Hah! I finally got the concept. I'm basically gonna just let my silly-flag fly. :D

Yes. This is what I love to hear!

No climate change here, we're still rebounding from the last ice age... anything less than a mile thick ice sheet is a warm year... For the record, there were no cars or hairspray back then, just good ol' mother nature ;)

Nick, your too awesome for just words!

safe_image.php

http://qkme.me/3s4ssg

DANGIT! Can't find my green screen, it's not in my backdrop bags.. have to find it :( Deadline looming, time constrained.

OK... Missed golden hour for my background plates by 15minutes... have to grab them tomorrow... perhaps I'll be able to figure out where my greenscreen is... 12' x 12'... you'd think that would be difficult to misplace.

Back