Secret Santa 2012

In keeping with the holiday tradition started by a certain IT member who shall remain nameless but who I will refer to from here on out as Mr. Nick Clapper, it's time for IndieTalk Secret Santa III!

For those of you who don't know how it works:

Step One: Sign up by replying to the thread in the affirmative.

Step Two: I'll get everyone's email, names will be drawn no later than December 4th.

Step Three: Once you have your match, get to work making a gift in the form of a short film or video message. Creativity is encouraged but not required. The important thing is that you give something.

Step Four: I'll start a thread in the screening room a few days before Christmas, so please hold off on your submissions until that is open. And remember it's Secret Santa so mums the word.

Step Five: Post your gift video in the gift thread no later than Christmas Day (that's December 25th for those of you who just crawled out from under a rock.)

If you've got any questions feel free to ask them here! Let's make this the best IndieTalk Secret Santa yet!

Participants:

Dreadylocks
rayw
Knightly
Cracker Funk
Zensteve
NickClapper
wheatgrinder
Ernest Worthing

Last edited:
Deeeeeeeer Seakrit Sandy Claws,

Fo mi Seakrit Sanda giff I want sumpin funny.
Smirk.
Grin.
Chuckle.
Chortle.
Guffaw.
LOL.
ROTFLOL.
Squirt my pants ROTFLTFOL make me wanna slap my mama.

I don't care.
I'm easy to please.

Yes.
Sign me up!

Cats with Santa hats - shot with your new camera!

Have you seen the guy on youtube that does the voice-overs with dog videos?
I think it's a weimeranner that he's teasing about a dog biscuit or something and the dog is "talking" with a lotta "What?"s and "Oh, no!"s.
Pretty funy the first few times.

I'm not sure yet but I think I will be out of town and away from my camera and computer this Christmas.

But I'm glad this tradition is carrying on and I have fond memories of the first one.

Happy filming!

EDIT: Just realized my premiere membership has expired. Oh God, the ads... all the ads!

Doesn't need to be anything fancy, Pepper Jack. :)

Some people go full-tilt insane; others come up with something pretty basic. I'm sure the past two years are still online, if you wanna take a look at what it's all about.

Ernest Worthing said:
I'm not sure yet but I think I will be out of town and away from my camera and computer this Christmas.

But I'm glad this tradition is carrying on and I have fond memories of the first one.

Happy filming!
Hey! Nice to see you around here. We need to do some catching up soon :) I have some good news, too.

That's too bad you're not gonna be able to do it! I really loved the one you made for me the first year :yes: Maybe you should just bring your camera with you? C'mon! C'mooooon.

Ernest Worthing said:
EDIT: Just realized my premiere membership has expired. Oh God, the ads... all the ads!
Mine went belly-up a few weeks ago. It's so god-awful distracting. I plan on renewing but the money isn't there right now.

Just get adblock extension/addon.

I'll admit to using an adblock plugin for chrome, but I actually put sites I like and want to support on my exceptions list. I think it's the right thing to do.

Back on topic though, I think you should sign up. If you don't come up with anything you can always just make a little video saying 'Merry Christmas.' It really doesn't have to be fancy.

Deadline for sign-up is tonight though, I'll be sending out confirmation emails to the Santa's probably around 10pm CST (-6 GMT). So get movin' and sign up! This train is leaving the station! :D

iPhone only movie making tools.. for you that are on the road without gear..

just fyi:

Camera apps:
8mm
iphone (built in)
Filmic pro

Editing apps:
The vimeo app does some editing
1st video (multi track and audio! also has camera app built in)