Not scary Halloween movies

Here's a funny version of The Great Pumpkin. Maybe you've already seen it.

WARNING SUPER STRONG LANGUAGE!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImD3agVjb0U

NEAR DARK (in my top 5 fave movies - vampire outlaws try to break in a new guy, who would rather not kill)
THE WITCHES (with Anjelica Huston)
SHAUN OF THE DEAD (Funny, funny, funny)
ZOMBIELAND (isn't too scary, but is dang funny)
TREMORS
DEAD ALIVE (gross but it's an all out comedy)
THE HIDDEN (with Kyle McLachlan - an alien jumps from body to body, robs banks and steals cars)
THE STEPFATHER (original version with Terry O'Quinn - some tense moments, but very interesting)
EVOLUTION (with David Duchovny)

Racking my brain for ALL DAY trying to remember that vampire comedy with George Hamilton when it finally came to me...

LOVE AT FIRST BITE!

Unless one really experienced it 1st hand, it’s kind of hard to describe the comedic adrenaline and edge he [Murphy] injected back into SNL, but he did, he hammered the accelerator to the floor like I don’t think anyone has truly done since.

I loved the episode where he opened the show just after they had renewed his contract. He looked like he always had - jeans, T-shirt and baseball-type jacket - and talked about how honored and humbled he was, blah, blah, blah. "And I want you all to know I'm not going let it go to my head." The hands came out of his pockets covered with rings, he puts on a pair of $500 sunglasses, the jacket parts to reveal some impressive bling; really well done.

Oh, back on topic... how about "Death Becomes Her"?

:lol:

I like when he had that flick that tanked, I forget who was in it with him, but they were kicking on it and he said "It's the worst movie in the history of everything."

-Thanks-

I read once that Anne Bancroft had been offered a part in the Exorcist and had to turn it down due to scheduling conflicts. I'm soooo thankful that she didn't end up being in it since I would have had to see it and I wouldn't have slept for a year, I'm sure :P

Aren't all Halloween movies not scary? Maybe it's just me. How about the movie Little Monster. Not really Halloween per say but it has the feel that I think youre looking for.

How about a truly really, really, really bad movie from the 60's - "Mad Monster Party"

It kind of goes along with films like "Plan Nine From Outer Space"; it's so bad that it's bad, but funny anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5fe7D14Jp8

How about a truly really, really, really bad movie from the 60's - "Mad Monster Party"

I gotta get that film! I'd totally watch that over & over.
smiley_haw.gif

...hmmm....

For nostalgia's sake: Fall of the House of Usher and Pit & Pendulum. How can you go wrong with Vincent Price :yes:

Mars Attacks! is a good one.

Planet Terror was good from the Grindhouse film.

-- spinner :cool:

...hmmm....

For nostalgia's sake: Fall of the House of Usher and Pit & Pendulum. How can you go wrong with Vincent Price :yes:

Mars Attacks! is a good one.

Planet Terror was good from the Grindhouse film.

-- spinner :cool:

I love "Planet Terror". Couldn't wipe the grin off my face. Of course it helps that I was blazed out of my mind, but whatever. That movie's hilarious. And it's not scary. Gross, tons of gore, but not scary.

I'm not sure you ever explained your fixation with Anne Bancroft...

lol. I'm here #1 fan*. She's been my hero and was my inspiration when I was finding myself. I love her (former) spirit and outlook on life. And her relationship with Mel Brooks (also one of my favorites) is an inspiration to couples everywhere (imo). Not to mention she was a fantastic actor who is only underrated due to her taking a hiatus at the pinnacle of her career (to have a child).

*For proof: http://ysos.sammigirl.com

Back