Name That Screengrab

I was surprised to see someone who was recently married in India make an appearance. And yet another who seemed she'd be right at home in Alabama.

I'm not sure whether this is supposed to be cryptic, or whether I'm just being obtuse... :huh:

EDIT: I'm going to take a punt with Bedtime Stories, just because I think the first half of that clue might be describing Russell Brand...

Last edited:
Sci-fi covers many possibilities with squares and flairs. Could be windows of a ship or landing lights. Wasn't Alien because those landing lights were on a real model and not CGI, so they were misaligned. Wasn't E.T. Those were more cylindrical in arrangement. Not Bladerunner - not enough color. I know I've seen this because I seriously doubt there's a single sci-fi movie I haven't seen. But it's nothing in recent memory for sure.

Could be from the earlier Star Trek movie franchise. Hmmm...

Happy New Year, BTW. Still trying to unwind myself. :lol:

It is from a recent film. Released in 2004.

No. But I'd classify it even further in the 2001 category...meaning it's heady, it's a love/hate film, and it creates a lot of discussion.

Yep!

Here's another:

33p35na.jpg

THX 1138 ??

I'm not sure whether this is supposed to be cryptic, or whether I'm just being obtuse... :huh:

EDIT: I'm going to take a punt with Bedtime Stories, just because I think the first half of that clue might be describing Russell Brand...

Yes, I am being cryptic for a reason. Can't just blurt it out. It's like the game "Taboo".

Not Bedtime stories, but it hit the US and UK market the same year. That should be sufficient to give it away. And once you know the movie, the other clues will be crystal clear. :D

It is from a recent film. Released in 2004.

No. But I'd classify it even further in the 2001 category...meaning it's heady, it's a love/hate film, and it creates a lot of discussion.

The only movie released in 2004 that I feel can fit this description and meet all the criteria (sci-fi, love/hate, heady) is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

By the way, how can include the large picture in my post without attaching a thumbnail (like what I just did)? Thanks in advance.

Back