• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

FREE IDEA (the best movie ever)

How about a riff off of the Tenacious D song "The best song ever"

Its a movie ABOUT the best movie ever.. (as opposed to BEING the best movie ever)
Could be a fun mocumentary, or a serious expose.. you decide..

I read a long time ago what it was Jackie to get, and yes you would get squeemish (I did...ugh!)

I was thinking more of using the "old film" look as someone catches sight of the director, and chases after him (Hey it's bigfoot! :lol:), in and out focussing, that sort of thing. Not suggesting we have a JFK or "Scanners' Moment:lol:

I've figured for my short, I'm hiding and in disguise, because someone in the theatre mistook me for one of the background characters in the first scene and the crowd went nuts. As a result, I'm giving my "review", but also hiding from "fans". I hope to end it with people banging on the door as I make a quick exit.:D

Dreadylocks-LOL

I think the JFK thing could work but we may want to really develop that idea if done wrong it may come out more offensive than anything else.

Okay people, here's mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ytDA2-KV_iA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ytDA2-KV_iA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I wont say it.. no I wont.. bring in the.. . noooo ..

What style, what panache, the use of exposition

why does he *** the ****** ? Because the best film ever caused him to reevaluate his core belief system...

very nice. I really liked the smoke!

I think the JFK thing could work but we may want to really develop that idea if done wrong it may come out more offensive than anything else.

I'm not thinking assassination or anything, more just the old movie style film with the director being "followed"- Meant more as far as the type of camera used, not so much him getting his head blown off;). Could sell the idea as "in this rare, file film, the elusive director got caught on tape...."

Hows this for an opening VO

NARRATOR V.O.

In early May of 1998 a small film production company began shooting principle photography for a movie that would have the potential to change the way humanity sees itself and the universe in which it lives. The story of the creation of that film, is one of tragedy, of hope, of overcoming great obstacles. Unfortunately, it is a story you may never get to hear. During research, we discovered a governmental cover up of astounding proportions that the makers of THIS documentary, are in fear for there very lives. We have taken great care to protect the identities of our sources, but we are exposed at every turn. If you are watching this, then in some small part we succeeded.

Hows this for an opening VO

NARRATOR V.O.

In early May of 1998 a small film production company began shooting principle photography for a movie that would have the potential to change the way humanity sees itself and the universe in which it lives. The story of the creation of that film, is one of tragedy, of hope, of overcoming great obstacles. Unfortunately, it is a story you may never get to hear. During research, we discovered a governmental cover up of astounding proportions that the makers of THIS documentary, are in fear for there very lives. We have taken great care to protect the identities of our sources, but we are exposed at every turn. If you are watching this, then in some small part we succeeded.

I LIKE! :D

Maybe some dramatic music on the title card? "Dum-dum-dum-DUUUUMMMM"

I was just digging into that.. any ideas?

can we have a youtube group account? The problem with youtube its seems you can only download your OWN videos (easily) but maybe if your part of a channel you can download other creators content.. don't know.. I have a few gigs of FTP space but that is so old school..

Thanks

can we have a youtube group account? The problem with youtube its seems you can only download your OWN videos (easily) but maybe if your part of a channel you can download other creators content.. don't know.. I have a few gigs of FTP space but that is so old school..

Thanks

It would mean sending the footage to maybe one person, and that person putting in a youtube-but would it be easy to access for editing? Which leads to another Q: how big is this project going to be? 15 min? Half hour? Hour? The bigger we get, the more space we need.

Hmmmmm....thinking on this.

So was what you said about my video sarcastic, or serious? I can take the brutal truth, it is like, one of the first things I've filmed.

Not sarcasm, a bit over the top, but not inaccurate. Your clip showed style and the smoke was cool. The gag at the end was very cleaver, very left field which is fun..

For a critical review, speed up the timing, good material, just a bit slow on delivery.. good name and accent thought.. very funny..

Your OTS (over the shoulder) shot would work better over the OTHER shoulder.. that way you can off set a bit more (you cant offset any more over the current shoulder because you'll hit the wall!) Doing so will help establish an "EYE LINE" between the subjects. Since we cant SEE the eyes of the main subject, having an outline of his face pointing at the guy asking the questions will help.

Im not explaining this very well.. look at this pic
over_shoulder.jpg

Imagine the guys face blurred out.. now even with not being able to see his eyes, we could tell that he is "looking" at the woman..

And since you have the cast.. do a reverse.. where we see the face of the guy asking the question.. see these.. note the 180 deg. rule.. eye line etc.. :)

cam2.jpg
cam3.jpg

Go here for more http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...mage_result&resnum=4&ct=image&ved=0CBMQ9QEwAw

The best way to do that, is to film the bit twice, first time OTS of subjet A, next time OTS of subject B. Then cut the two together as best you can. You might only use reaction shots from the interviewer (not speaking just his listening) that way, you only use the AUDIO from one of the takes..

Tighten the shot. We don't really need to see so much of the set. Get in closer (zoom in more) so that the guy asking the questions fills more of the frame but is out of focus, and only blur a small amount of the Mr. W.'s face, some detail would be good.

Lower the tripod. My general rule, contrary to the above pic, is that a camera being at the height of standing person is never the right choice. As I learn more Im sure Ill know when its right.. but most cases some other height is more cinematic.. consider the rule of thirds for framing your subject.

Last edited:

Thanks

I have a program that downloads any video from youtube and i have a converter to convert the youtube flv files into mpegs or wmv or whatever we want to use.

Not sarcasm, a bit over the top, but not inaccurate. Your clip showed style and the smoke was cool. The gag at the end was very cleaver, very left field which is fun..

For a critical review, speed up the timing, good material, just a bit slow on delivery.. good name and accent thought.. very funny..

Your OTS (over the shoulder) shot would work better over the OTHER shoulder.. that way you can off set a bit more (you cant offset any more over the current shoulder because you'll hit the wall!) Doing so will help establish an "EYE LINE" between the subjects. Since we cant SEE the eyes of the main subject, having an outline of his face pointing at the guy asking the questions will help.

Im not explaining this very well.. look at this pic
over_shoulder.jpg

Imagine the guys face blurred out.. now even with not being able to see his eyes, we could tell that he is "looking" at the woman..

And since you have the cast.. do a reverse.. where we see the face of the guy asking the question.. see these.. note the 180 deg. rule.. eye line etc.. :)

cam2.jpg
cam3.jpg

Go here for more http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...mage_result&resnum=4&ct=image&ved=0CBMQ9QEwAw

The best way to do that, is to film the bit twice, first time OTS of subjet A, next time OTS of subject B. Then cut the two together as best you can. You might only use reaction shots from the interviewer (not speaking just his listening) that way, you only use the AUDIO from one of the takes..

Tighten the shot. We don't really need to see so much of the set. Get in closer (zoom in more) so that the guy asking the questions fills more of the frame but is out of focus, and only blur a small amount of the Mr. W.'s face, some detail would be good.

Lower the tripod. My general rule, contrary to the above pic, is that a camera being at the height of standing person is never the right choice. As I learn more Im sure Ill know when its right.. but most cases some other height is more cinematic.. consider the rule of thirds for framing your subject.

Now THAT'S what I was looking for! Thanks for the criticism, I'm gonna re-film it using these tips. Just so you know, the main reason I blurred out so much of the face is because I have a ton of piercings, and I doubt that would look right on a Jew haha. But I will definitely redo this, maybe this weekend haha.

If people want to email me their parts, I'll throw them up on a basic page for download on my server. Then anyone who wants to try their hand at piecing it together can.

As people are working they can put out requests here for things that they can't get on their own or whatnot.

Maybe we can do like a little contest at the end?

Watcha think?

Now THAT'S what I was looking for! Thanks for the criticism, I'm gonna re-film it using these tips. Just so you know, the main reason I blurred out so much of the face is because I have a ton of piercings, and I doubt that would look right on a Jew haha. But I will definitely redo this, maybe this weekend haha.

Cant you remove the shiny bits? anyway, Its not important. If your more comfortable acting a character more "in line" with who you are, adjust that concept.. Say for example.. me, and overweight 40+ year old man could show a complete 180 deg turn of life (like your gag at the end) simply by trowing a BigMac in the trash and doing jumping jacks.. ! Or a punk guy ripping of his leather jacket to reveal a "white shirt and tie" or a goth chick showing up in a cute flower print dress without eyeliner... or maybe.. just maybe YOU are the reveal..
your in shadow the hole time.. as "Harvey" but at the end instead of the gag the way it is, you lean into the light, looking at the camera and pointing to your face saying.. thats why I did this.. :)

Back