• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

FREE IDEA (the best movie ever)

How about a riff off of the Tenacious D song "The best song ever"

Its a movie ABOUT the best movie ever.. (as opposed to BEING the best movie ever)
Could be a fun mocumentary, or a serious expose.. you decide..

Dredylocks..

Going into public, braver than me.. lol

After you get some get file footage.. ask some people what they thought of the movie they just saw.. we can cut it to be about the best movie ever.. lol

Haha that's perfect! Just interview folks about whatever movie and we can make it look like its for the best movie ever....you might want to tell them that AFTER the interview it's not nice to interview folks and make them think it's for something different than you're documentary really is....because then you become Michael Moore X_X

Oo yeah I like that idea. And I would take it as a compliment if someone compared me to Michael Moore (as long as it wasn't a comparison of physique, lol)!

I've just got to do my taxes (I'm not usually such a procrastinator, but oh well) because with that money I'm going to .... wait for it ... buy a 35mm adapter and a lens!! :D :D So I've been putting off doing any 'finished product' shooting until I get that. God I can't wait!

It sounds like this project is going to become quite physical and not just an idea I love it. and it also sounds like Dredylocks is the first to try and do something not documentary with it. I can't wait to see the finished product. Anything else I can do? I could do some random interviewing too...

Narrated by Morgan Freeman, perhaps?

Or maybe someone who sounds like him (which would make it funnier I think). I think Morgan would do it, the question is, do we have enough money in all our piggy banks to pay him? :)

Wheatgrinder-how are you looking at the JFK angle? Like a home-movie type look, maybe following the mysterious "director" of the film, who keeps trying to hide (have the camera go in and out of focus, that sort of thing)?

Gads, I've got to scour the flea markets for a similar type camera that used-that would be awesome!

I hope to get my two minute "piece" up this week-as soon as some adequate sound-trying to avoid the camera mic.

hey wheatgrinder, sorry to say but i have to bail out of this project for now. I was waiting on some documents that just arrived a couple of days ago and am moving from one country to another right now. got a lot to do so everyone will be seeing a little less of me here. but ill be back and if you guys are still working on this down the road, id love to help!

goodluck all!

(btw for my little clip, i wanted to film it from perspective of a paparazzi reporter who had tracked down one of the stars of the film. the star is a recluse who is older now and wants to distance himself from the public and the project and so has been living under a different name. ofcourse, the reporter harasses him as soon he comes out of his house and the verbal banter excalates into violence till CUT. Anyone feel free to use this idea now...)

hey wheatgrinder, sorry to say but i have to bail out of this project for now. I was waiting on some documents that just arrived a couple of days ago and am moving from one country to another right now. got a lot to do so everyone will be seeing a little less of me here. but ill be back and if you guys are still working on this down the road, id love to help!

goodluck all!

(btw for my little clip, i wanted to film it from perspective of a paparazzi reporter who had tracked down one of the stars of the film. the star is a recluse who is older now and wants to distance himself from the public and the project and so has been living under a different name. ofcourse, the reporter harasses him as soon he comes out of his house and the verbal banter excalates into violence till CUT. Anyone feel free to use this idea now...)

Wow big changes are always exciting. Hopefully the "documents" that arrived aren't a warrant for your arrest.. but your business not mine dude! :D

Have a great trip, enjoy the new beginning, but don't throw out ALL of the old good stuff..

I dont know about the JFK thing.. It sounded cool when I thought of it, but yesterday I happened upon the Zapruder film and maybe thats a bit too intense. I started feeling sorta sick guessing at what Jakie O was trying to get off the trunk of the car? Iv been in high trauma situations and people react in very odd ways, like looking for your just cut off finger. Or making sure your husbands teeth don't get lost..

I dont know about the JFK thing.. It sounded cool when I thought of it, but yesterday I happened upon the Zapruder film and maybe thats a bit too intense. I started feeling sorta sick guessing at what Jakie O was trying to get off the trunk of the car? Iv been in high trauma situations and people react in very odd ways, like looking for your just cut off finger. Or making sure your husbands teeth don't get lost..

She was making sure the blood squib went off properly.... ;)

I read a long time ago what it was Jackie to get, and yes you would get squeemish (I did...ugh!)

I was thinking more of using the "old film" look as someone catches sight of the director, and chases after him (Hey it's bigfoot! :lol:), in and out focussing, that sort of thing. Not suggesting we have a JFK or "Scanners' Moment:lol:

I've figured for my short, I'm hiding and in disguise, because someone in the theatre mistook me for one of the background characters in the first scene and the crowd went nuts. As a result, I'm giving my "review", but also hiding from "fans". I hope to end it with people banging on the door as I make a quick exit.:D

Dreadylocks-LOL

Wow big changes are always exciting. Hopefully the "documents" that arrived aren't a warrant for your arrest.. but your business not mine dude! :D

Have a great trip, enjoy the new beginning, but don't throw out ALL of the old good stuff..

heheh, thanks! sadly no arrests for you to film! been living in europe for a few years, moving back to the states. its gonna take a couple of months to pack up and sort things out here.

Back