• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

FREE IDEA (the best movie ever)

How about a riff off of the Tenacious D song "The best song ever"

Its a movie ABOUT the best movie ever.. (as opposed to BEING the best movie ever)
Could be a fun mocumentary, or a serious expose.. you decide..

Kind of like "Not another teenage movie"? ;)

It could work, if we all worked together. I'm calling part of editing department dibs!

Also, anything that involve masks of any sort in the film:D

"The Best (Indie) film ever?" Or just "The Best Film Ever"?

When you think, you think big, don't you? :D

I've often wondered why with all the talent on these boards a number of us have not just thrown a short compliation together. Guess the whole legal stuff. Tell you what. Whoever buys the DVD, it goes into my bank account, and I'll pay everyone their due.

Really! ;) Is my avatar a face(s) that would lie to you?

Oh wait......

Last edited:
I got dibs on the sound.

Maybe call it "Big budget movie" in homage to the "Scary movie" Series.

I don't know - this type of thing might have already been made.

Good idea, though.

Ok..
:)
Get this straight, the movie is NOT THE BEST MOVIE EVER.. its a movie ABOUT that movie, the key is we never really SAY what movie were talking about.. sort of a GENERIC positive review.. lol

how about

Everyone set up a camera, back light and silhouette your self to hide your ID.
Then tell the camera how you just left the theater after seeing "the best movie ever" and how it made you feel. You laughed, you cried, you saw God.

Last edited:
Ok..
Get this straight, the movie is NOT THE BEST MOVIE EVER.. its a movie ABOUT that movie, the key is we never really SAY what movie were talking about.. sort of a GENERIC positive review.. lol

how about

Then tell the camera how you just left the theater after seeing "the best movie ever" and how it made you feel. You laughed, you cried, you saw God.

Hey, I saw a Goddess.....did I see a different film?

That's a pretty neat idea, don't refer to the movie title or anything(the sad thing is, this works for PR in Hollywood on a regular basis I'm sure ;))

I'm liking this.....

I have to say this is a good idea if we all just sent in a video of ourselves saying "It was orgasmic....the acting, the direction, the writing....my god it was a masterpiece better than every other movie!" I'd be in if we're serious.

Actually, this is a good idea. With all the creativity here. Everyone make a little clip of themselves (or someone else) raving about the unnamed great movie and send it to one person to edit together. That's a mockumentary I'd like to watch.

Ok, heres my bit, Ill try and film it tonight..

INT. BASEMENT STUDIO

GORDAN, an overweight struggling 40 something year old filmmaker who lives with his aging mother, is sitting in front of a running video camera. His face is in shadow, he is brightly back lit.

GORDON

Hi everyone, welcome to the last installment of my video blog. If your watching this then my idea worked.. fat lot of good idll do me.. .

Anyway.

I just got back from wasting this entire day at the mall, watching movies at the cine-O-rama hyperplex, man I love the pop corn there! I know mom tries, but between the OldHimers and the bad vision, well, Ill just say eating moms corn and watching movies at home comes with certain "risks"

as I was saying.. my weekly unemployment check just about covers the tickets, jumbo corn, three hot dogs and a super drink.. so Its all good

.. anyway, if I dont seem my useal happy go-lukcy self, well i have a pretty F(@*(#$* good reason! The last movie I watched was that new..

GORDON'S MOM (OS)

Gordo, honey? Do you want potatoes with your meat loaf.. or would you rather have the Brussels sprouts you love so much.. ???

GORDON
Yelling towards the upper floor! Reaches towards the camera to turn it off..

MOM!!! SHUT UP!, Im trying to tape my VBLOG..YOU KNOW I HATE BRUSSELS SPROUTS.. DO WE HAVE ANY... .

CUT TO BLACK'

INT. BASEMENT STUDIO
Gordan is again siting in front of the camera...

GORDON

Sorry about that, Mom is having a bad day.. where was I.. ?? oh yeah..
Anyway..

Iv decided that I can never make a movie as good as that one..
What else is there to say... as a movie maker my self, I know a lot about making movies, and well, I know that I will NEVER make anything even close to as good as that movie.. so why try?....

Every Shot, PERFECT! F(*&(*@ PERFECT I tell you!
Invoking just the right amount of tension....and release..

You'd think from the trailers, "Oh Joy, another industrial hollowiered action extravaganza..." and, in some ways you'd be correct.. but its so much.. so much MORE than an action flick..

Take the way the characters grow and become what you hopped they could become...

the bad guy is SOOO BAD, you actually feel joy at his embracing of evil, but when the good guy wins, I swear it to you, HEAVEN opens up and the angelic choir sings glory, Hallelujah praises be to God.

And the special effects.. Don't get me started.. the effects were BETTER THAN REAL.. the CGI was genius, blended perfectly, In fact Im not sure they DIDNT kill 300 extras just to make this movie, if they did, it was worth it! Heck, Id be proud to have died in the service of making that film..

(Gordon grows still, contemplative..)

well.. as you will find out for your self, a guy like me, just cant compete, I don't even have the vision to imagine anything that good...

after seeing that amazing cinematography, Ill never "see" the color red in the same way again.. sure RED is blood, but its also love and hate, and passion ...and other emotions that I don't even know the names of.. but I FEEELL 'em, dear god, I feel them..

After everyone sees that movie, there will be new words, not just new words, but the meanings of the words we have, will have to change... its makes me wonder.. did anyone even KNOW what cerulean blue REALLY looked like before Monet' taught us to see with new eyes.. ?? huh? Its like that..

(Gordon reaches down, and remove a hand gun from his "man purse")
Well, thats its. There really is nothing more.. except.. well..

Thank you to the filmmaker for letting me see a glimpse of the heaven that I'm about to enter.. this inst a suicide, it inst the unforgivable sin.. no, Im going where I belong.. just like the scene in the 2nd act, I now go to join the long line of heroes before me... I will dine with my fathers... at the right hand of Jesus..

BOOM!

(Gordon falls to the ground, out of site.. the camera battery runs out..)
FADE TO BLACK

Last edited:
"How am I supposed to know what I mean until I see what I say? "

Like, maybe you could type it to yourself, like on a word processor, and avoid hitting "post?"

I'm not sure what you're saying here but I think it's a good thought. If everyone did something like that maybe not all commit suicide....heh although if we had a faux news broadcast "Movie causes suicide to sky rocket" that would be humorous but no I think he's got a good start for a mocumentary maybe?

Ok..

how about

Nice idea. I like it. Im in. I can either film myself or film someone else... ill think about it.

What kind of deadline are we looking at? And do we send the files to you to edit? Rough length range per segment?

I think this could work. It'll be a collaboration type effort like Four Rooms. Paris je t'aime etc. ok ok, so not that big but liiiiiiike that! In my mind anyway...

Lemme know more.

Last edited:
On practical terms, everyone just do there own 1-2 min bit. It can be an vblog like mine, a secret identity interview, or anything that tickles your fancy. consider District 9 which freely moved from cinematic to documentary mode... once enough bits are together, it should be obvious whats missing..

Consider an exercise in emergent story telling.. the story will reveal itself once there's something to consider..

Well, I tried.. it came out more strange and sad than funny... but it has it moments..

My intent was on the fritz so I basically just ad-libd, trying to get in some of the funny bits that I could recall from my script above..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z9XtPuQtlI4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z9XtPuQtlI4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

FYI: The HISS is the rain.. it was pouring ..

Last edited:
Back