CovidTalk

I think it varies by state - our governor (NJ) mandated it a few days ago.
I agree it could/should have been done faster.

yeah it makes me wonder if places like saudi are doing better with covid when they already have burkas and stuff in place

Okay, let's have some quick fun with BORED:

"I'm bored, I'm the chairman of the bored." - Iggy Pop

Bored of directors.

Bored of education.

Bored of ethics.

Bored of health.

My house has turned into a bored-ello.

These days it's just room and bored.

I'm most definitely bored certified.

Okay folks, what can you add???????

Bored of the Rings (I think I still have that book)

Well, I'm OLD, damn it!

Join the club. This covid-19 thing has made me look back. I mean, I vaguely remember the day that JFK got shot - I was five at at the time. I remember guys in the neighborhood getting their draft notices for Viet Nam, one that I know of didn't come home. My folks opened up the convertible couch and the four of us waited for the first Moon Walk. My dad woke us up and we watched history. I'm a "television" baby. TV brought me Viet Nam & the demonstrations, Kent State, the Cold War, Nixon (my grandfather retrieved me from the beach to watch Nixon resign), the first heart transplant. We couldn't go visit relatives in Albany because the roads were packed with Woodstock traffic.

I could go on and on, but you get the point - you go through a lot in a lifetime of 60+ years. It just goes to show.... I though that I had, but I haven't seen it all, yet; not by a long shot.

(I think I picked it up in Iceland back in the late 70's.)

I read The Hobbit and the LOTR trilogy plus the Silmarillion in the very late 70s. I read BORT somewhere in the late 80s or early 90s. I was playing gigs where you reported at 3pm, sound-checked by 6, first show at 8pm, perform about 9:15 or so, second show at 11, get on stage again at 1:15am or thereabout, pack up, change, get paid and leave by 2:30. There was LOTS of down time. I spent time after soundcheck through dinner networking, and then, since I didn't drink, drug or gamble, I spent a lot of time until and between shows reading and listening to my Walkman.

I know not everybody watches the briefings but this part with the scientist was super interesting and informative

If you try to watch that briefing on NBC news you cant even see the slide.. its crazy how bad the news coverage was on nbc.
the scientist guy is talking about the slide and they never show it lol.

Anyway that information was really interesting. . Look at that half life in the sun!

From now on when I buy groceries im putting everything out in the sun for 200 seconds, flipping it over for 200 seconds, and then washing my hands with rubbing alcohol.

This should make it safe to grocery shop even if I touch and buy something that is covered in corona germs.
It really lasts a long time in the air though .. definitely better to do it early before too many people have contaminated the indoor air. its a shame everyone rushes in the morning to buy limited supplies so the mornings are packed.

its my 37th birthday tomorrow and ill be spending it alone like every other day doing nothing different. a shame.

Last edited:
I woke up at 6:30 am today and went to the grocery store... just like yesterday. Zero meat :(

Wow! I shopped on Monday and my store had meat then. A few weeks ago there was none, and I'm expecting a return to that situation with the meat packing plant Covid 19 issues.

there is also a setup where the first hour the store is open they only let old people in with weakened immune systems

seems like if youre not an old person you cant even buy meat now since it sells out so fast

Join the club. This covid-19 thing has made me look back. I mean, I vaguely remember the day that JFK got shot - I was five at at the time. I remember guys in the neighborhood getting their draft notices for Viet Nam, one that I know of didn't come home. My folks opened up the convertible couch and the four of us waited for the first Moon Walk. My dad woke us up and we watched history. I'm a "television" baby. TV brought me Viet Nam & the demonstrations, Kent State, the Cold War, Nixon (my grandfather retrieved me from the beach to watch Nixon resign), the first heart transplant. We couldn't go visit relatives in Albany because the roads were packed with Woodstock traffic.

I could go on and on, but you get the point - you go through a lot in a lifetime of 60+ years. It just goes to show.... I though that I had, but I haven't seen it all, yet; not by a long shot.

I read The Hobbit and the LOTR trilogy plus the Silmarillion in the very late 70s. I read BORT somewhere in the late 80s or early 90s. I was playing gigs where you reported at 3pm, sound-checked by 6, first show at 8pm, perform about 9:15 or so, second show at 11, get on stage again at 1:15am or thereabout, pack up, change, get paid and leave by 2:30. There was LOTS of down time. I spent time after soundcheck through dinner networking, and then, since I didn't drink, drug or gamble, I spent a lot of time until and between shows reading and listening to my Walkman.

Los Angeles had a newspaper called "The Green Sheet" (the front page was printed on green "proof" paper) that showed the missing and dead from the Valley, had more than a few friends there. My Wing in the Air Force didn't lose a man or an aircraft in SEA, but my sister Wing lost several aircraft (at 20+ men a shot), and I lost 24 friends on Yukla 27 to a flock of frigging Canadian geese! I was lucky oversea, Instead of getting some shithole like NKP or Monkey Mountain, we flew out of nice, clean, Korat Royal Thai Air Force Base, Bangkok, and got fed and bred on a regular basis. Lick a rednote (100 baht, about $5 back then) and slap it to your forehead and see who picks it off (I always wanted to use that in a scene some time)... that would be mamasan for the night. Came back to get spit on by hippies in SFO. But I've survived a lot (even disco). I survived all of that, I even survived haggis and Cop Rock. Like you, I'm not done living yet... I still haven't caught my 300lb cow yellowfin tuna.

went to the vet yesterday.. took two damn hours to get a blood test negative for heartworm.
at least the result was good..

When I was at the vet this dude got out of the car and coughed as loud as he could with his mouth open as wide as possible - the second he got out of the car. like what the fuck dude... cough in the car, cover your mouth, something. then he walked around in circles spitting everywhere for 5 minutes. I would have said something but I didnt want the guy getting any closerd to me. I had to walk away and wait 20 minutes before I felt comfortable being in that area.

people really suck... people are dying and going to the emergency room and nobody can even bother to cover their mouth when they cough. man.
also apparently covid has mutated on the east coast to be way more contagious. so thats why nothing we are doing seems to even slow it down in maryland. situation seems totally hopeless, masks, stay at home ,everything and everyone just keeps getting sick in increasing numbers STILLL months later

Last edited:
My god i just called the police on the grocery store... A guy was shopping without a mask on and instead of asking him to leave they walked him around the store showing him where to buy stuff. I felt so disrespected by the store staff. and that is a $5,000 fine for them.

My god i just called the police on the grocery store... A guy was shopping without a mask on and instead of asking him to leave they walked him around the store showing him where to buy stuff. I felt so disrespected by the store staff. and that is a $5,000 fine for them.
Was it Michael Jordan? :shocked:

Back