CovidTalk

indietalk

IndieTalk Founder
Staff Member
Admin
Here's the "I'm cooped up and feel like chatting" thread!

IndieTalk is a community. We're here for each other. What's on your mind? Film related, current affairs... whatever!

took my dog to the vet today.. I waited outside instead of in the lobby with all the other clients.
and then the dr tried to shake my hand in the exam room. I said sorry no!!

the vet was super busy

Last edited:
Went to Whole Foods, the only chain by me which is actually my cheaper store because in NY the corner stores are more $! Got everything I needed except peanut butter which I found at a smaller store. Normal food for me, I eat PB&J as a midnight smack all the time. :P. Cereal, pasta, tuna, dry beans, same shit I buy all time just a little more.

Went to the supermarket on Monday for the first time in a week. Wanted to amp up my peanut butter supply but there was none. No bread either. But plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, so I got lots of those. Planning to buy some dried beans next time, just in case.

I'm used to working from home but my husband isn't. I'm just glad we have space to spread out and work separately.

Here in Florida Disney closed all of its parks, (Epcot, Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, and the water parks), but they have kept all of their employees on the payroll. Disney's payroll...(drum roll)....$32 million per WEEK. Universal and Kennedy Space Center are also closed. We stopped going to the movies two weeks ago, and yesterday AMC closed all of its properties. We are now digging down into our collection of VHS tapes, which should keep us more than busy. We were booked for a cruise but it was cancelled...and a local film festival was cancelled as well. Also over-dosing on CNN.

i bought some extra groceries today so maybe i can make it a week before i have to go back.
while i was there a woman was stressing out and muttering to herself 'jesus practice social distancing people!!'

if youre that stressed you should be doing curbside pickup or something not wandering through the store.

Went to the supermarket yesterday for a top up shop. Our last was about two weeks ago. Then, there was still a little rice, not much flour, no toilet paper or tissues.

Now, most of the fresh fruit & veg were gone. All of the eggs were gone. Milk apart from home brand was all gone. All the bread, all the rice, all the flour and sugar, all the oil, most of the cheese, most of the butter, all of the cold meat (except the vegan stuff of course!)

I was able to grab a few bags of chips and chocolate. That should keep me going for a bit.

Last edited:
if youre that stressed you should be doing curbside pickup or something not wandering through the store.
Online delivery and curbside pickup (we call it ‘click and collect’) are both cancelled here. You can only get grocery delivery if you apply for a special exemption and are either elderly, have a disability or are in quarantine. Which is a good idea, but depressing that it had to get to this point...

Went to the supermarket yesterday for a top up shop. Our last was about two weeks ago. Then, there was still a little rice, not much flour, no toilet paper or tissues.

Now, most of the fresh fruit & veg were gone. All of the eggs were gone. Milk apart from home brand was all gone. All the bread, all the rice, all the flour and sugar, all the oil, most of the cheese, most of the butter, all of the cold meat (except the vegan stuff of course!)

I was able to grab a few bags of chips and chocolate. That should keep me going for a bit.

Thats crazy. It sounds like the food is really in a practical shortage.
Theyre telling us that it wont happen here and that there are always 13,000 trucks a day but im putting extra in the freezer.

Ah well i can only assume its canceled here too then.
they had a big sign for it out front of Giant but that store has never been reliable with its signs in the past

Feeling cooped up and stir crazy, indeed.

This is the first time in about 23 years I've had more than two days off in a row. And I can't go anywhere, I can't go see a movie, I can't go see a show. I can't even grab breakfast at the 101 Coffee Shop (you know; the "Swingers"/"Entourage" one) and flirt with the punk waitresses.

I considered a trip to Vegas because I'm not afraid to fly. But when they closed all buffet's, well, why go to Vegas?

I'm thinking of taking a train up the California coast and back just to be out of the damn house. I suspect I would have an entire car to myself...

For the time being, I'm doing take-out far more than I used to. Supporting the local restaurants.

I live in the Hollywood studio district; not just studios but production companies, rental and prop houses, short-term production offices. All the local restaurants rely on the people from Omega Cinema Props, Quixote, RED Studios, Netflix heading over for lunch. Few of the people live in the area so these places are suffering.

Can't keep spending this kind of money of the economic shut-down continues for long.

Last Saturday the food store was pretty much sold out of the things that I wanted - beans, pasta, rice, flour, toilet paper/tissues/paper towels. As we had stocked up a little (two weeks instead of one) the previous week its not too bad yet, but I do get worried about running out of things. Hoping for a better shop early in the week. Too many people are filling two and three shopping carts!!!

Schools here in Greenwich were shut down on the 10th. The reason that they closed was that they were unable to get cleaning supplies to keep the schools sanitary. Kind of a moot point now. My wife is also working from home, brought her work computer from the office and we set up a small work space for her.

My own work load is currently non-existent. I've already cleaned the studio to the max, reorganized, consolidated and labeled everything, done all of the computer/ hard drive clean up I can - I'm pretty good about that stuff to begin with.

Starting to get a little stir crazy. I'm kind of pissed at myself that I always rented field recording devices now that the local rental houses are closed. I should have picked up a DR-40 or something similar, but now I have to hoard what funds that I have - not that I am allowed to go out and do any field recording.

That's where I am here in the NY metro area. Kind of scary now that the military is in NYC. The future is going to look very different from now on.

Last edited:
Really? I hadn't seen that - I live in NJ and follow NYC news pretty closely, as I worked there for 30 years.

They are sending in primarily medical units, but plenty of security troops accompany them. They've been keeping it pretty low key, but it is there. The media is not reporting on it.

Back