• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Belgrave

Uranium City

Pro Member
indiePRO
another Atomic Short, concerning the time I repaired a trumpet for Marcus Belgrave:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1clXbrJPR4

nicely done! short and sweet!

for my taste, i wouldve liked the shots of the trumpet to be less shaky. id want movement in there but not so much that its distracting.

Thanks, Ernest. Next time I think I might try taking the object to the camera, rather than the camera to the object, to hopefully gain a little more steadiness.

Also I think I'm going to call these "Atomic Reels." Atomic Shorts sounds too much like nuclear underwear.

Last edited:
Awesome! I really like the VO, its short and punchy kind of jagged cadence (read) gave it a perfect slight beat poetry/noir feel, kind of a lot like a trumpet line itself.

I have seen a few of your ultra shorts, I think maybe this one shows growth in the medium for you, or you just nailed it really hard… or both.

-Thanks-

A sweet video, I also didn't like the shakiness, I think that was probably because of the close zoom which just makes the cam go wild at the slightest move. It ruined a bit of the mood that I think you were trying to create there, but still it was there and I liked it.

Good stuff. The only thing I would have liked to see was the (focal point??)/(depth of field??) go from the mouth piece all the way to the bell. Would have been cool IMHO.....or did I miss that part??

Last edited:
Didn't see all the action on this until today. Thanks for checking it out. Zen, I found myself in the trumpet repair business because my Bachelor's Degree in theatre wasn't paying very many bills after college and the digital filmmaking revolution was still a few years away. So I apprenticed and now am the only professional brass instrument repair technician extant in Detroit. ROC, it is my voice. I used the cheapest Samson side-address microphone they make, the C01 through an ART tube mic preamp. Primitive.

Back