. Was your joke directed at the movie, or the people who like the movie?

Not that it actually matters, but for the sake of ending this argument, I will reword that PS in formal language to convey the same sentiments as I orginally intended.

PS: My contact who is vaguely aware of the production process of the new Avatar movies suggests that the team are weighing up the possibility of giving a bigger role in the new film to the floating mountains that appeared only fleetingly in the original, because viewers of the movie (like myself) reacted positively to the visuals.

I just finished watching the deleted scenes, on the Collector's Edition. I think all of our speculation has just been reinforced, regarding future-little-Jake-Sully's. The final deleted scene hinted at Neytiri being pregnant.

Sweet. Thanks for sharing that. I like that he emphasizes that each sequel will be intended to work as a stand-alone movie.

I'm definitely an Avatard. Looking forward to it.

He should spend some of that billion budget on a few decent script doctors this time round. The story was great but there were way too many cheap lines in Avaturd 1.

I love Avatar too you know! I saw it more than once at the cinemas and again on dvd! (I am poor and 3d movies are like $30 at the cinema, so that's really something).

I can't wait for the sequels! I'm probably gonna have to go by myself. Although, I did manage to get Scott to an Australian western exploitation thriller with a mute aboriginal villain/good guy, so maybe I could drag him to the next Avatar movie.... Anyway. I'm excited!

I get the reference. I'm a huge South Park fan, and the Underpants Gnome episode is a classic. I just don't see the comparison. There's no mystery involved as to why "Avatar" appeals to so many people, for different reasons.

Ang, how did I not know that you enjoyed the movie so much? Perhaps you mentioned it before, but it slipped my mind? Anyway, you (and anyone else who is a fan of the movie) should get your hands on the Special Edition Extended Cut, or whatever it's called. The making-of documentary is really interesting.

I'm sure I have, but I'll forgive you for not remembering. Once. :P

You know what, I am totally gonna go do that now. Well actually, I'm gonna have a shower first, but then I will. Might get a few other movies too :D

I read online somewhere that he wanted the sequel to take place in the oceans of Pandora. And as said above, he has a talent of making sequels great. (Terminator 2)

I read online somewhere that he wanted the sequel to take place in the oceans of Pandora. And as said above, he has a talent of making sequels great. (Terminator 2)

I think it's pretty much confirmed fact that "Avatar 2" will take place, at least partially, in Pandora's oceans. A less-confirmed rumor I've read is that perhaps in #3, we'll see a neighboring planet (or moon).

Also,
Is anyone else upset up this boom of 3D in the film industry? It's cool and all, but I think it's kind of a gimmick. I don't want to sit there for hours with stupid glasses on. I feel like it's slowly becoming less personal, and more of a ride. Well, I'm going to go watch Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid to make myself feel better about this lol .

Also,
Is anyone else upset up this boom of 3D in the film industry? It's cool and all, but I think it's kind of a gimmick. I don't want to sit there for hours with stupid glasses on. I feel like it's slowly becoming less personal, and more of a ride. Well, I'm going to go watch Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid to make myself feel better about this lol .

Yeah, we've had this debate, to great length, in other threads. Personally, I'll agree that it has been used mostly as a gimmick. A great deal of Indietalkers feel like that's it's limitation, and it will always be nothing more than a gimmick. I feel like it's gimmickery is more a reflection of the filmmakers using it, not the technology itself, and that there's great potential for it to be used in a more meaningful way. Also, I would compare it to good surround sound. Having THX or Dolby doesn't necessarily add anything to the story, but that doesn't mean it's not of value. For me, good surround sound helps create a more immersive experience, and I liken good 3D to the same end.

Yeah, we've had this debate, to great length, in other threads. Personally, I'll agree that it has been used mostly as a gimmick. A great deal of Indietalkers feel like that's it's limitation, and it will always be nothing more than a gimmick. I feel like it's gimmickery is more a reflection of the filmmakers using it, not the technology itself, and that there's great potential for it to be used in a more meaningful way. Also, I would compare it to good surround sound. Having THX or Dolby doesn't necessarily add anything to the story, but that doesn't mean it's not of value. For me, good surround sound helps create a more immersive experience, and I liken good 3D to the same end.

Yeah, honestly when I sit down in the theater and put on these crazy glasses, I feel like I'm about to go on Space Mountain. I guess what I don't understand is what is well, "good enough". I was perfectly content with the way movies were made, but we always push the envelope. I think in the years to come, it'll get to the point where going to see a movie is about the same experience as Disney Land.

But back to the Avatar topic, I'd like to see the Oceans, that would be neat.

Back