AIDS aside I'm psyched about the new Avatars (not really). Will they still be called Avatar now that the Avatar issue is no long an...issue? I guess the 'Prison Break' example still stands and name recognition is uber on this baby...

I really hope Jay-C scales it back for this one and just has domestic disputes in the Sully household. Perhaps a Mike Leigh style adoption crisis or a dinner time argument that culminates with Jake yelling 'Will you please pass the fucking PANDORAN ASPARAGUS!'

I live and dream in hope.

PS. My mole in the movie scene tells me that the next movie is going to further the role of those floating mountain majiggys, because viewers thought they were really 'purdy'...

Seriously, you're gonna make me spell it out for you?

PS. My mole in the movie scene tells me that the next movie is going to further the role of those floating mountain majiggys, because viewers thought they were really 'purdy'...

Sequels are typically targeted at whom? People who saw and liked the first movie (aka "fans"). So, when you say "viewers", it is clear that you are talking about people who like the movie -- the fans. By placing quotation marks around a misspelled version of "pretty", you are clearly using that word in a mocking tone, implying that people who like "Avatar" are simpletons, easily impressed by visuals.

Hate the movie as much as you want, but why mock the people who like it? "Avatar" is the only movie with which this happens. What's up with that?

I don't think that even James Cameron is that sensitive about the movie...

And, for your information, I did need you to spell it out for me. That is the most pedantic argument I've ever heard.

Do you see the people referring to you as an Avatard?

"Avatard" is funny. I use that word. And I'm not sensitive about the movie. I honestly don't give the slightest care that there are people who think it's a crappy movie. What I'm tired of (because it happens all the time) is hearing people put down the fans of the film. Instead of a simple and easy apology, you chose to say that I'm being pedantic (which is another put-down)? How do you fool yourself into believing that the word "purdy" isn't being used mockingly?

"Avatard" is funny. I use that word. And I'm not sensitive about the movie. I honestly don't give the slightest care that there are people who think it's a crappy movie. What I'm tired of (because it happens all the time) is hearing people put down the fans of the film. Instead of a simple and easy apology, you chose to say that I'm being pedantic (which is another put-down)? How do you fool yourself into believing that the word "purdy" isn't being used mockingly?

Ok, we had the whole 'eye candy' debate and as a result of your vehemence on that nobody goes around saying it's all visuals anymore...

You've decided to read into what I have said, to a slightly ridiculous degree. I said 'viewers' you read 'fans', I said 'purdy' you read 'it's all visuals'.

What do I have to apologise for? For you trying to decode a joke I made? Because you live and breathe Avatar to the extent where no one is allowed to mock it? Did you write to South Park after the 'Dances With Smurfs' episode to demand an apology?

I made a joke on a thread, not started by you and not directed to you, and I don't have to apologise for doing so.

Saying 'I'm not sensitive about the movie' somewhat contradicts your response to possibly the worlds most inocuous put down.

Okay, Nick. Our little disagreement has definitely taken us technically off-topic in this thread, and since you mentioned that other thread I started, I think it appropriate that I post my response over there:

http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?t=25322&page=4

Before you read that, though, let me make it clear that I use the word "little" on purpose, in discribing our disagreement. I'm not really offended, dude. I disagree with a particular type of criticism that I hear so often, related to "Avatar", but this disagreement isn't any kind of big deal to me, so we've alreay kind of blown it out of proportion. It's a minor quibble I have, and I'll describe my logic as best I can in the other thread. Cheers!

To be honest I'm not interested in the whole 'eye candy' debate because I've been involved with it before and ended up conceding all these points to Avatar.

I made a joke which you read into to a meteoric level and then demanded an apology for, which was not forthcoming. Game over. I'm not intested in more Avatar debate, hence the reason I didn't post in that forum, I was just making a point about the next two movies, hence the reason I posted in this.

To be honest I'm not interested in the whole 'eye candy' debate because I've been involved with it before and ended up conceding all these points to Avatar.

I made a joke which you read into to a meteoric level and then demanded an apology for, which was not forthcoming. Game over. I'm not intested in more Avatar debate, hence the reason I didn't post in that forum, I was just making a point about the next two movies, hence the reason I posted in this.

Appearantly, you didn't read my response (I posted it in the other thread, because we're definitely off-topic). I never demanded an apology. And this isn't an "Avatar" debate. This is a debate about just exactly who your joke is directed at. Was your joke directed at the movie, or the people who like the movie?

Back