Another advertisement, who wants to be in it folks?

Yeah, the flow of the music doesn't really work for me. You mind if I take a stab at it? I've got the same music source as you, and editing music is something I think I'm pretty good at.

The deadline is so short, Id feel bad putting pressure on you to deliver something to me by tonight. The ending music (starting at the wire snip) is a file given as part of the assignment and is required to be used in the end tag movie.

Ill rework it though.. it feels a bit forced.

Are you kidding? It's ten seconds of music, and I'd be using canned music. Plus, you'd be under no obligation to use my music edit; I'd do it for fun. I would just need a copy of the video, sans music.

The score is too quaint in the first few seconds. The suspense feels contained as apposed to epic, given the situation and the time constraint, i believe the score should arrive with a firm hand.

With this, it would emphasize that stillness when disarming.

I guess I messed up.. thanks for the feedback.

What I wanted to convey is that cracking the NUT is the important thing...

the disarming of the bomb is more like a "yeah, what ever, Ill disarm that bomb, I guess, if I have to... " so maybe a completely different music feel is required AFTER the nut is opened in that "ahhhhha" shot..

Something light and upbeat, popy? whada ya think?

@CF - I cant get you a custom file till tomorrow :-( .. Is there anyway you can just fake it along. The nice thing with "that site" video player is the time code display..during playback if you mouse over the video...

Anyway, wheat, I don't wanna pressure you too much, so I'm gonna step away and play a little xbox. But I'm being sincere -- I'd do it simply for the fun of it, and wouldn't feel the slightest bit bad if you chose to use your own edit. But I happen to feel like this particular thing is something I'm good at, and I suspect you'd wanna go with mine. Offer's on the table; take it or leave it.

The video is very good, as is, so regardless...

EDIT: Oops, looks like I was typing while you were. Um, I'm just trying to figure out how I would get the video into my editing software, from that site. Anyway, I've got an xbox date (best friend/xbox rival). Talk to ya later.

EDIT PT 2: I see what you mean about maybe being able to do, just referencing the timecode. Maybe that's workable. I'll check it out after I whoop up my friend on the xbox.

Last edited:
I guess I messed up.. thanks for the feedback.

What I wanted to convey is that cracking the NUT is the important thing...

the disarming of the bomb is more like a "yeah, what ever, Ill disarm that bomb, I guess, if I have to... " so maybe a completely different music feel is required AFTER the nut is opened in that "ahhhhha" shot..

Something light and upbeat, popy? whada ya think?

Even more so, the music halting suddenly in the moment that the nut CRACKS!

You could try. It would be a nice juxtaposition given the circumstance. Although, again, it's tough with the time you have, if a Pop melody could deliver as an Orchestral track would.

That's pretty much what I had in mind, with a strong crescendo, lots of dissidence, cutting off just before the "crack". Then the music comes back strong with a big resolution.

Very much so, it seems fitting. What're you thinking, Wheat?

EDIT: We happened to change our track, after a huge mishap on our last Poptent venture. I'm sure they'd oblige, be it you've got material already submitted. As of when-if you do decide to change the track- the spot you have in place will stand as your current up until you submit the other when it will be replaced.

Last edited:
I think the music is perfect myself. It’s slight fade-in/ semi understated nature gives it a subtle yet vital
“Already in progress” or “The continuing adventures of..” or pre-established (even genre pre established) feel which in that time span to me nails it.

-Thanks-

That's pretty much what I had in mind, with a strong crescendo, lots of dissidence, cutting off just before the "crack". Then the music comes back strong with a big resolution.

Funny, thats exactly what I did.. Its just too low in the mix.. :)
the dissonant crescendo and everything..

I like the sound effect with the visual warp when we zoom in on the nut, but it seems to crowd out the silence.. Ill get a short (fraction of a second at this scale) complete silent beat after the "crack" and before the warp effect.

Back