Another advertisement, who wants to be in it folks?

I don't see the pistachio un-cracked - is it supposed to crack once you turned the thing around?

So I have shots of it uncracked, but I thought that might blow the surprise..

oh its a nut that hes working on, not a bomb.. .. but I fail if I have to explain it!

I tried for an hour to get the NUT to crack in the vice for real.. it just sorta opens nicely.. I could try ONE MORE TIME.. or get a better set of closed \ open shots.

Last edited:
oh LOL I thought it was a bomb. But, what do I know - I'm 19 and live in Michigan.

I think the effects are great, wheat.

Is that your voice?

Last edited:
I would never have thought to do it that way, but last week I watched a bunch of youtube links either ROC or Alcove posted about sound.. and there was this AWESOME Foley artists and in the middle of his HUGE studio etc. . hes making WIND noises, like my mom telling a scary story. and its the wind used in a movie I recognized.. so why not squelch..

I would never have thought to do it that way, but last week I watched a bunch of youtube links either ROC or Alcove posted about sound.. and there was this AWESOME Foley artists and in the middle of his HUGE studio etc. . hes making WIND noises, like my mom telling a scary story. and its the wind used in a movie I recognized.. so why not squelch..

It's a valid technique, my legitimate sound capabilities are benign, however.

There was a great link posted by Alcove, on body enhancement in post. That's worth a watch if you haven't yet seen it.

That was me.

Ok wheat, I messed around with it a bit. I think I could do much better if I had your audio track, cuz that needs to match, as well. Anyway, it's not surprising that yours and my treatment of it are pretty darn similar -- I mean we're not exactly trying to re-invent the wheel here. But here's what I had in mind --

It's not just that your crescendo got lost in the mix, it was way too brief. When I mentioned a crescendo, I meant, like for the whole beginning, and make it big. And when I mentioned a resolution, I mean, like a proper ending, whereas yours just fades back in with the same music loop as before. It needs a big ending, in my opinion.

If you like this, I'd be happy to re-cut it, when you're able to get me the audio track. Or, if you wanna just leave it at this, as me using this cut to show an example of what I recommend, that's cool, too. I just thought it'd be fun to toss my hat in the mix.

Papertwin, same offer goes to you. Whether you want big orchestral stuff like this, or pop music, I'd be happy to mess around with it, and for such a short clip, this takes no time at all.

Last edited:
Back