• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Animation "set" for upcomming comercial

Hi all,
Here is an animation "set" for an animated commercial my teenage daughter and I are working on.

This started as a photoshop file with layers and I turned it into 3D in After Effects. I thought it looked pretty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY9y-A3ss3k

Crappy quality is because I was to lazy to run this through my entire workflow.. just AE h264 SD export..

Looks good!

I dont know what the purpose is so maybe what you have done is fitting for the subject but generally, the colors are a little too saturated for my taste and each color needs more variation in it.

@Buddy: Blooregard Q. Kazoo.

Last edited:
@PTP the poptent assignment is for AlleyOop (invite only with guaranteed $200 for submitting) I owe you big time for that!

@EnestWorthing Yeah, particularly the grass in the foreground needed to be different then the flat color on the "hill" side... it started out that way, but through my playing with CC I think I crushed it a bit..

@vaksart thanks for that resource, I think Ill be drawing from it pretty heavily.

@buddy Wildlife, maybe.. the characters them selves are animals so sure.. :)

This clip is just me playing with moving the camera around on the set if you will. The set is for a conversation between two characters as they walk in the "garden"

Imagine a tracking shot on the above "set" while this dialogue occurs.. with a few CU's and inserts...

EXT. GARDEN

Kitten and Otter walk in the pleasant garden.

OTTER

Daughter of my heart, I have given you many good tools to tend the garden of you future ...

KITTEN

Yes master that is true, I am ready for my journey

OTTER

hasty child, in this quiet place the world with its unknown dangers and traps is but a story to you. Of course you would believe you are ready, but how can you know?

Kitten

How can anyone know master? I have studied hard. I have worked tirelessly to perfect my skills, what more can I do?

OTTER

yes, yes little one.. I know what you say is true, but something yet troubles the waters of my soul. I shall search the archives for wisdom from the ancients, perhaps there is something there in those depths...

Kitten and Otter walk in silence in the fading sunset light.

@wheatgrinder, love the script, it makes me think of a kung fu master with his pupil, u should make an army of jungle animals attack them lead by the evil tiger and have ninja stars flying all over the place...too much? sorry:)

did u design the animals yet, i wana see

My daughter delivered a Tiger and Turtle sketch for my approval today (better then kitten and otter) also switched to an AV formatted script.. man, that's a big change for me!

There is a plot, that I can not yet reveal.. lol.. here's a hint.. the customer is an education company that helps kids prepare academically for college... Im rendering another test, this one is a shot using a production flow that should let me get the shots out pretty fast.. times a wasting.. I needed to learn how to animated mouths etc.. I am going with very little TWEEN. So there wont be much in the way of moving legs and stuff.. so.. crafty "direction" to keep it interesting anyway.. Ill post that render to youtube soon.. its pretty dang cute.. using one of my daughters older tiger sketches.. not the new character shes working on now..

testing the work flow

found audio on freesound.org

lipsync by automation with audio key frames, very simple technique yields good enough results.

fun stuff..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cUBN07Vsxg

Back