48 hour in the can!

Hey indietalk,
MY 48 hour film project is in the can. We filmed for about 10 hours. Now were in editing and VFX's.

We drew the dreaded "Musical or Western" but this worked out for the best. We had moved our primary location from an Airsoft arena, to a high end horse boarding facility... so when we drew the genre, the team voted to go with it. It worked out great..

I wanted to thank you for your support and advice.
I managed to put together an awesome team, real pros one and all. This was my first day of film school, and honestly, I dont know how someone could do it with LESS people! There is SO much work to do! I had cast and crew of about 20!

Well, edit, sleep, edit..

Thanks again.

Congrats. Yeah it is a lot of work but well worth it I think. Enjoy your film when you are done. I just got back from our party that we had since our film premiered today at the 48 hour event in Indianapolis. It was cool to see the film on the big sceen. The party was fun afterwards too.

Hopefully you'll post it in the screening room when you're able. I know we're all looking forward to it. Congratulations! The 48 Hour is a great way to learn LOTS of stuff. What to do, what not to do.

Did you add a disclaimer at the end of the credits announcing, "No chickens were harmed during the production of this film"?

Looing forward to checkin' it out. :cool:

Its a sad day.. no chicken footage in my 48 hour project? :(

Other than that, Im still buzzing, though sleepy(ish) back at the day job..

We almost didn't make it,.. we had a whole 10 minutes to spare! Final render started an hour before submission cut off! Thank goodness for the DP's 8 cores and 8 GB RAM!

Imperfect as heck, random screw ups in the final output, in one cut it jumped into 4:3. I have no idea why.. We did NOT mix, just set overall levels.. we had really good production sound... mostly, great mics, and a good boom operator, sound is GREAT in some spots and NOT as bad as it could have been in others.

The music is 100% original, composed, recorded LIVE (including drums) and fits like a glove..

We did NOT get to color grading or style.

One visual effect in post.

All the issues will be resolved in the POST 48 release. PENDING. ;)

Back