series What series are you watching?

I like House of the Dragon so far, it's better than I expected, feels like they are getting the tone right. Casting is good, direction is good.

I'm not blown away by the story just yet, but GOT took a while to hook me.

I'm watching the second episode of rings of power today, visual execution is excellent, I'll have to wait a while to appraise the story.

Making the Cut. Amazon.

This thing has a kind of Firesign Theatre vibe to me. I don't know exactly what genre of music it is that saturates the incessant montages, but it might be the only genre of music i actively dislike. Heidi Klum delivers every line not only as if she is reading a cue card two feet in front of her, but also as if she is very proud of her ability to read at all. One of the judges, evidently some kind of fashion guru, always appears in some absurd kind of costume (on one episode he is in what appears to be his jammies) and is the definition of "pissy." And the contestants embody a, to me, impressive dedication to "me me me me me."

Anyway, I like it. I'm in for the haul, and am looking forward to tomorrows installments.

The best thing about it, for me, (besides the fun of indulging in pissiness myself) is Tim Gunn. He has such a sweet and seemingly genuine TV persona, and is a real pleasure to spend some time with.

Last edited:
Rewatched some original Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

I must say, I am not AT ALL impressed by their mansion lol.
Check this, the butler lives there, plus parents, 3 kids, will smith, and they said they have 3 guest bedrooms

That's 9 bedrooms.. and when will moves into the house, he asks how many bathrooms they have... 4 and a half?? WTF LOL
You know the master bedroom has it's own bathroom, so that means 8 bedrooms have 3 bathrooms?

Can you imagine what it's like when they have family over. Jesus.
Uncle phil you cheap ass you need to install at least one more bathroom so 3 people aren't sharing one!!

Lets just get real for a second what kind of mansion has 3 people sharing a bathroom
that sounds more like an episode of malcom in the middle, 3 people fighting over a bathroom in the morning.

not luxurious mansion living

Last edited:
Los Espookys is back! (HBO) It's been a while and I kind of forgot about it. Season 2 - 1 just dropped, but i think I'll re-watch season one (again) first. I won't bother trying to describe it, much, beyond this: silly, surreal, and honestly funny (in that Fred Armisen kind of way) . A+ (ok, maybe A-); 10 (ok, maybe 9.4)

Edit:

Update: OK. I liked Los Espookys a lot, but it wasn't as great as I remembered, lol. I think, originally, I was kind of new to this humor aesthetic--unaware of Julio Torres and Anna Fabresia, and was several years behind on Fred Armisen and Portlandia--and so was impressed. It's the kind of humor that makes me think, "this is really funny," but not actually laugh. Which is still something--It's smart, amusing, etc.

Anyway, in other news:

Beavis and Butthead are back!

Last edited:
The Imperfects on netflix, a basic young kids get super powers type series, with really fucking stupid writing.

This person/prisoner finally gives up and tells the name of her ally, isabelle finch
The police are contacted and... "no one by that name exists, no drivers license, no social security number" tell us her real name!!

This is so bad it belongs in the thread of shame - nobody in the entire country is named isabelle finch?
I'm supposed to believe that???? god that is some lazy fucking stupid writing to tell us that isabelle wasn't a real identity used by that ally.

And then this banshee character calls someone on the phone, screams, and kills him with her super loud scream... over a PHONE SPEAKER.
I couldn't take this dumb shit anymore and I turned it off. Fire these writers.

Last edited:
Faithful to the original, exceedingly wholesome, a fun family show
the pilot is dedicated to dean stockwell ( the hologram Al ) who passed away november 2021 at age 85

I think mara would like Reboot, it reminds me a lot of Episodes.

I finished the first season of Rings of Power and the finale was great.
Definitely was outshined by House of the Dragon but it was still a fun show to watch and i'm looking forward to season 2.

Rings of Power,

Definately i have mixed feelings. As a Tolkien freak, sometimes i get dazed when i see the books being ignored and telling stories that i know are distorted or straight made up by the Amazon team.

That said, following strictly the books would lead to a predictable serie so i can understand that they tried to come up with something new.

Besides the "mandatory" lore complain, i feel some plots are not as intense or interesting i´d like and some chapters didn´t provide me a sensation of "Wow, this is great", mainly because they are a bit slow or stuck in mildy interesting plots..

The artistic and technical parts are on spot. Nothing to complain about.

So, in short, i´m looking forward to see the season 2, because i am a total fan of Tolkien, but i understand some people have been disappointed and gonna bypass thie season 2.

I thought Rings of Power ended really strong, i have some hope for season 2

I started watching The STAND on paramount+ with a seven day free trial but it only let me watch the first epsidoe for free lol.
I guess you have to pay for this series or something idk, but it wasn't that special and felt just like watching the original series from a few decades ago. Wasn't sure i'd keep watching even if it was free lol.

I was able to keep watching The Stand and it was awfully boring, the original was better IMO.

Instead I watched The Offer and miles teller did a fantastic job, so did the casting director.
enjoyable film about a movie production plagued by mafia interference.

I was able to keep watching The Stand and it was awfully boring, the original was better IMO.

Instead I watched The Offer and miles teller did a fantastic job, so did the casting director.
enjoyable film about a movie production plagued by mafia interference.
The new version of the Stand was just terrible. Look, I'm a big Steven King fan, but I have to be honest, the passing years have not been particularly kind to his work, and I think that even the book The Stand feels a lot more primitive to me than it did when I loved it as a kid. There are things he did like IT, Stand by Me, and Shawshank, that stood the test of time, but others where it felt like his template had become thin and predictable.

In example, The Shining is a masterpiece, and I will always love it, book and movies, even the miniseries with the cast of Wings (who made that call? but it actually did work out somehow) Still, stories like that, where a kid gets a magic power that makes them special, stuff like Escape from Witch Mountain, were more impactful in a time when I didn't see that plot 174 times a year.

I also watched "The Offer" on Mara's recommendation, and it was absolutely great. I completely agree on the casting, it was flawless. Someone needs to give that casting director and all those actors a raise. The casting was so good that when I watched the credits and it wasn't Shelia Jaffe, I was shocked.

I'm watching Suburra: Blood on Rome, which is an Italian series on Netflix. It's an awesome story, a dynamite cast.

The online description: "A fight over land in a seaside town near Rome spirals into a deadly battle between organized crime, corrupt politicians and the Vatican."

Noticed that a lot of people have been talking about White Lotus, and so just finished binging season one. My immediate impression: It is really good. Well written with great performances, among them: Jennifer Coolidge absolutely nailing her character, Murray Bartlett, an, I guess, Aussi newcomer with some comic chops, and Steve Zahn, always, for me, a weird kind of star. There is a theamy-ness here that I imagine will stir some people up that I would be too tired to debate. I think it's smart, complex, and ambitious. Anyway.

Last edited:
Checked out Willow - its okay
Checked out Bumper in Berlin (pitch perfect spinoff with adam devine) its okay
Watched the first episode of white lotus.. its okay
Wednesday was also okay..

not super into any of them

Back