series What series are you watching?

Just finished re-watching Succession. Think this is currently my favourite show - it’s addictive, dramatic, funny as hell...

The writing is great and it’s super unpredictable and it looks beautiful shot on film...

Man. What a show.

Peaky Blinders

Tom hardy as “the wandering jew” lol he is a great character in the series. such a scoundrel!! I watched three seasons so far.

there was this weird moment with cillian leaning against a wall as another actor approached and I thought “they can’t flip this blocking without breaking 180” just out of nowhere I see the problem coming. And then the very next edit they break the 180, then flip back 2nd time to end the scene lol.

It’s the strangest thing that I saw it coming bc I’m not even trying to analyze the show I’m just watching for enjoyment. And I saw the problem before it even happened lol

Last edited:
This is a series that was kinda unique and funny and seriously low budget.
Like.. the characters dont even change outfits when they are eating dinner or going into battle, they have one outfit lol.

they have ponies instead of horses.. but they pretend the ponies are horses. lol. stuff like that.
anyway i was pretty disappointed with season 3. it completely disregarded the season 2 cliffhanger and became a random prequel season that wasnt nearly as funny

The Good Place

was a fun and funny series but holy shit that has to be the worst ending i've ever seen to a tv show

Tried watched The Cabin with bert kreischer on netflix and the editing was so obnoxiously bad i couldn't stand it.

I watched the first season of Evil and it started off great, it would have been a fantastic season if they only did 10 episodes.
they stretched it on to 13 and man did 12 get super boring. it was doing really in the first 9 i thought.

tried watching rachet and it strained too much credibility for me to believe it or follow it.
first episode rachet gives a patient the wrong meds and purpose and almost kills them, and then dr doesn't fire her!!!!! right.
so unrealistic bc the next time someone dies its gonna be that drs fault and responsibility.

Tried watching the david letterman show on netflix. my next guest or whatever its called
i watched part of the robert downey jr episode and it was so awful im surprised that robert didn't snap at david.

the parts on stage were okay, and robert downey jr says he didn't graduate from high school and he was a child actor etc
okay so he's not that educated thats fine. he is charismatic and tells good stories I still try to watch the show

then they go to roberts home and its just this barrage of dumbass questions dave keeps asking about farm animals and trees
what kind of tree is this? rob: idk.
what country do these animals originate from? rob: idk
why do they have eyes like that? rob: idk

like jesus dave the dude said he didn't even graduate high school lay off all these biology and botany questions maybe?
how many times does the guy you're interviewing have to say he doesn't know the answer to these types of questions ??

I was yelling at my tv "ask him what the binomial nomenclature is next!"
omg lol. then i turned it off.

Last edited:
las_finest_-_publicity_-_h_2018-928x523.jpg

LA's Finest AKA Bad Boys spin-off

starring Martin Lawrences sister from the bad boys movies paired up with dark angel Jessica Alba.
I watched the first 9 out of 13 episodes and gave up, I don't care for any of the characters and im just not invested in the storyline.

the two women in this series have no chemistry at all between each other.
It's decent acting and decent writing but in this day and age we need more than decent. We need good.

You know what else is wrong with it, there is no humor at all. like wtf.
Bad Boys had a comedian in the cast paired up with a movie star. That was the formula. COMEDY.

Whoever made this show is a clueless fool for casting Jessica Alba.
I would have cast somebody funny. OMG Alba's character is so incredibly boring.

sfoster, you gave up after 9 episodes? Lol, you have way more patience than me, apparently. I give up by the end of an episode if I'm not digging it.

I really enjoyed the first two episodes of "WandaVision". I'm kinda-sorta rewatching "Arrested Development" and sooner or later I'll get around to finishing "Parks & Rec".

I'm nearing the end of Good Girls season 3 and looking forward to season 4 hitting streaming. For a network show that's been on for 4 years, it's sort of under the radar, but we love this dark comedy about 3 moms in suburban Michigan who become counterfeiters. Christina Hendricks from Mad Men is the best known series regular and there's a great supporting cast. Manny Montana as the lead of the gang who's scary, charming, and smarter than the rest of them routinely steals the show.

sfoster, you gave up after 9 episodes? Lol, you have way more patience than me, apparently. I give up by the end of an episode if I'm not digging it.

I really enjoyed the first two episodes of "WandaVision". I'm kinda-sorta rewatching "Arrested Development" and sooner or later I'll get around to finishing "Parks & Rec".
Yeah I thought it was 10 episodes and believed that I was nearing the finale and then when i saw it was 13 episodes i was like screw this and dipped out lol. I think I need to sign up for hulu or disney+ and get some more series options.

I only watched the first season of broad city. wouldn't mind revisiting the rest of that .

New Girl

newgirl.jpg

What a great pilot episode!

The two dudes from LETS BE COPS have awesome chemistry together on screen, and they're dunking on a douchebag roommate it's really funny.
And then you throw in Caleb Deschanel's quirky daughter as the new girl joining their apartment and it's a really great episode of television.

AND THEN.... Just complete crap. I only made it to episode 3 and I got fed up.
OMG Damon Wayans Jr gets swapped out for a different black guy!! This new black guy sucks, he is so boring with no chemistry with anyone.

The whole show falls apart.
OMG so disappointing. And got I was confused as hell like what happened to Daman Wayans Jr?? Sad.

According to this its because his other show didn't get canceled. So weird.

Extras

AAAABaFKH7AYmCmsDQvWFLW9CEJZuIvMYASGYpt0a7CJJFTRcoVRIMG2y-9ExpryGeh_twnyNM2KzRmB_sOeQWBctGFCMlLDiyjoQ2zCLTKUYe8qlOXu.jpg

I watched the pilot last year and it was okay. Decided to watch more since I was bored yesterday, made it to season 2.
It was funny andh as some good parts but eventually the characters have some of the most predictable writing i've ever seen on television. You can sit there like how dumb is this guy, why is he telling this to her? You know she is gonna go tell that to the one person he doesn't want to hear it. And the next scene plays out exactly how you predicted. and this happens over and over again.

Last edited:
The Sinner on netflix

I started out with season 2 and it reminded me a lot of that Nxivm cult story that was in the news a few years back.
It's not a bad show but it almost rests entirely on the shoulders of Bill Pullman.

I think his career was overshadowed by Bill Paxton, it seemed like the two of those guys could have played a lot of the same roles.
But Pullman really shows some stuff in this series, he's always got some interesting look on his face like hes about to say something

the-sinner-season-3-bill-pullman-1568918953.jpg

The Sinner on netflix

I started out with season 2 and it reminded me a lot of that Nxivm cult story that was in the news a few years back.
It's not a bad show but it almost rests entirely on the shoulders of Bill Pullman.

I think his career was overshadowed by Bill Paxton, it seemed like the two of those guys could have played a lot of the same roles.
But Pullman really shows some stuff in this series, he's always got some interesting look on his face like hes about to say something

the-sinner-season-3-bill-pullman-1568918953.jpg
Season 1 and 3 were the better ones in my opinion.

Well I watched WandaVision

I can't speak TOO ill of it since there was suspense and nice directing... I did watch the whole series. So there is something to be said for that! Nice camerawork and nice soundtrack. but honestly the story was pretty bad with a few major plot holes and head scratching moments. At least they had a good composer. But I was not a fan of the casting either. I wouldn't have cast any of those new people they were all very very underwhelming actors. The boss lady from Workaholics would have been 5x better as the nosy neighbor.

All this questioning and build up.. how did this town get created, how did wanda get all this power?? and the answer?? no answer at all she just does it out of the blue LOL so stupid after all that questioning and build up to not give a satisfactory answer. When vision died in the marvel movies i guess that wasn't emotional enough for her. Nope but when she cries here oh all that crying makes her so powerful. riiiiiight.

And then the military does all this work to bring vision back to life and reprogram him. What happens when that backfires and visions memories all return and he says "I am vision!!!" he just flies off and leaves his wife in danger?? doesn't do anything to protect or help her lol. So stupid again. What in the hell. He is supposed to love her and be devoted to her why does the real vision just fly off and leave. What stupid storyline. I could go on but whatever.

And I watched four episodes of Mandalorian season 2... oh god the writing is so bad :(
Jon is a great director, he should stick to directing bc after episode 4 I don't even want to watch anymore.

This is on par with a childrens story for 9 year olds. It's abysmally unrealistic and unthoughtful.

Episode 4 was definitely the worst so far... roll up on a massive military base from NARROW CANYON.
Stop by the front door, chat for a minute. Fly up and kill 3 ppl.... and all of this without a single camera or anything??

And then it shows 4 TV screens with CCTV camera feeds but one of the cameras are shot out.. like really there was no surveillance in the NARROW CANYON THAT IS THE ONLY WAY TO APPROACH THE BASE?? And they flew up and killed 3 guards with zero alarms ??? This is so insulting to watch. Drive in a straight line and ships can't shoot you. They finally lock on just keep going in a straight line and rotate/spin and they can't shoot you! I'm out. It's so stupid i cannot suspend disbelief. I was rolling my eyes at episode 1 and it just kept getting dumber.

Mannnnn what a disappointment these shows were.

Last edited:
I watched the Dota series on netflix - Dragon's Blood

original.jpg

It was actually bingeable and surpassed my expectations. The teaser trailer was awful but the show was pretty good!
The animation style isn't the greatest IMO, and through the 8 episodes I actually laughed at the animation two times.

As in laughing at how bad the animation was in a couple scenes.
The adult language is a bit perplexing, i think it could have done without all the F-Bombs... they didn't add much to the audience experience and I think it will turn away some kids. It's technically an adult show but you can do that without saying Fuck a bunch. There aren't any hyper sexualized characters or drug use or anything. It is something kids could watch without having a bunch of adult questions.

And there is a propensity to call people a Son a Bitch. They need to diversify the name calling lol
Anyway it was actually a pretty cool fantasy show, it only dragged for one of the 8 episodes.

My main complaint is that this is a 24 episode story spread into 3 seasons so there is no closure at the end of season 1
It would have been nice to have a side plot come to conclusion but instead the season 1 ends on a nice cliff hanger.

I have one other complaint but its a spoiler so I won't post it here.
I think people can enjoy this adult fantasy show without ever playing the video game.

Last edited:
The vast majority of serialized shows I watch are anime.
I watched Episodes when it was running on Showtime. I loved it.
The Watcher was great. I'm looking forward to the 2nd season.
The End of the Fucking World was pretty good. I thought season 2 was a bit off from the 1st.
Sex Education was so twisted, it was fantastic.

Woke up this morning and got myself a gun

images

Rewatching this series way more knowledgeable about organized crime.. it's insane what an easy target tony is.
He walks out to get the newspaper every morning in his slippers and bathrobe. really, he has to get his own newspaper? no bodyguard?

Anyway the dude furio said he had some pictures he wanted to show and then when he pulled out a literal stack of photos i laughed really hard.
IDK man. I was expecting him to pull out a cell phone not developed photographs lol this show is so old now.

I'm watching The Night of from 2016. It's quite good - James Gandolfini was originally supposed to be in it, but John Turturro stepped in because Gandolfini died before it went into production. Riz Ahmed from Sound of Metal is the lead - or maybe Torturro is the lead? You could argue that one both ways.

Back