What are you working on?

Since the thread has been bumped, it's summer now, who's shooting?

I'm finishing a score for CamVader, next week is 48hfp (though haven't heard from the team in a while). Also working on some experimental-style videos for an album I just finished (sending off for reviews/plays right now, but it's droney ambient music, so we'll see). Free download here: http://doorsinthelabyrinth.bandcamp.com/

Well, we've got the Community Project as an ongoing concern. I'm not directing anything there myself, but I'm supervising the process and working to make everyone else's lives easier. So far so good, and we'll see how things progress over the next couple of months.

My main project these days (which is starting to feel extremely old) is a documentary that I've been developing. Just about exiting the research phase and ready to start production, but need to firm up some funding avenues. I'm quite excited about this project because I think it has a lot of potential and I'm certainly endeavouring to work with a level of professionalism that I haven't done before. But, at the same time, it all comes down to a question of finance (and time (and energy)), so we'll see where that goes.

Other than that, I'm pretty free because I'm in a temporary state of post-graduate employment. So if anyone wants anything written... or if you're UK based and want to collaborate...

I've been working on a lot of music. I just got my first tracked signed and it's being released July 23rd!

So I've been working on a lot of mix videos and such, but I plan on doing a couple of shorts in a couple weeks; one being an action which I have never done before, and the other an infomercial spoof.

Since the thread has been bumped, it's summer now, who's shooting?

I'm finishing a score for CamVader, next week is 48hfp (though haven't heard from the team in a while). Also working on some experimental-style videos for an album I just finished (sending off for reviews/plays right now, but it's droney ambient music, so we'll see). Free download here: http://doorsinthelabyrinth.bandcamp.com/

Cool. Will we see/hear the finished product?

Digging the new music. =)

Other than that, I'm pretty free because I'm in a temporary state of post-graduate employment. So if anyone wants anything written... or if you're UK based and want to collaborate...

Ooooo. So is that pro bono, or for pay? =D

The most I can say is that I'm doggedly, pathetically, and oh so slowly working on a few different screenplays which will most likely never be finished nor come to anything. Turning to novelizations is a real possibility. I got the eschatological one, which seems to have come to a halt. I got the post-apocalyptic one (I'm a sucker for those), which, oh surprise, has pretty much come to a halt. And tonight my mind seems to be on the Wall Street Baddy One, which I'm really not qualified to write. Oh dear, oh my.

I have an 8 page script for my second episode of Criminal Bounds. It was described by my co-producer as being "Much more fast paced" "More action" "Feels more professional." and "much more aggressive in terms of sets, locations and special effects"

I can definitely tell I've gotten better at writing dialogue and that I've honed my sense of what does and doesn't work on screen.

Doing auditions on the 13th

Last edited:
I've been working on an experimental short film in the vein of Lucifer Rising but the other night I had an epiphany that this short film will simply be the first portion of a feature length film that will follow a female detective as she seeks out the Sigil of Solomon.

I'm working on this -- http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?t=54358

It's a pretty sweet gig, mainly because of the people involved. I've been getting a real positive, kind-hearted (yet professional) vibe from everyone. I've read the script and I think the movie is gonna be great!

The link above is for part 1 of the pre-production videos, and I think I'm due to send Mara part 2. I'll be honest, I'm not really happy with the talking-heads format; we need to get some visuals incorporated, and of course that will come with future installments.

I'm also working on a music video. The release party is one week from today, and I'm not even close to being done. Holy crap, I SO want to be done with this video.

Of course, there's the IT Community Project, which I'm glad to be part of. Can't shoot my scene until the UFO footage is available. And then I get to edit the whole thing. Saweeet!

And the big one -- my next feature. Gonna be super low budget, script being written to fit that. :)

The amount of responses here proves how much people love talking about their own work XD

I'm just re-reading over a lovely little script, though my full focus is on the pre-production of another short film about a chess game.
I hope I'll be able to post on here about the status of both of them as they get nearer to completion. :)

Last edited:
I have a rough draft of a short horror film. I haven't shot a horror film since 2009 so I'm pretty excited. I'll shoot it late this month with any luck.

I'm currently more focused on my music than my film, honestly. For the past four months I've been working tirelessly on the follow up to my last Rivers Rubin record - it's finally almost complete and the single comes out next Monday, with the album following later in the month. It was the first record I hired other studio musicians to come into the studio with me, which ended up paying off massively, as the addition of solid drums and whatnot is very welcome to the sound.

I also had a script I wanted to shoot for about a year, but haven't gotten around to it. So, since I love creative writing, I've actually been adapting the script into a book, ever so slowly. I'm about fifty pages into it - it's a great little side project, and it lets me explore much wider perimeters that I would have if I had shot it low-budget.

So, yeah! That's what I've been up to.

Reviving this thread for 2015!

What are you all working on? Anything from vague ideas swirling in your head to $million films, let us know what you're planning.

For myself, I am making very slow progress on a documentary project that's been knocking around for almost 2 years. I'm working (non-film) more than I have been for the past few years, so opportunities to develop projects are becoming slimmer. The Magic Circle, my comedy web-series, was the last narrative project I worked on and I think it'll probably be my last for a while. Undertaking narrative projects without money is very tricky and I want to be satisfied with the end-product. I've been compromising a lot in order to get things done cheaply, and I kind of think that, when I next approach a narrative project, I want it to be closer to 'the best' I can do.

That said, I would never rule out working on something if the resources suddenly come to hand. And, now that I've got decent camera and sound gear of my own, there's not as much reason not to. So perhaps I will do! I've been running a London filmmaking group (PM me if you're London-based and interested in joining) and would like to do more stuff with that.

What about you?

A web series called "The Golden Age: Heroes of Men" its and indie Super Hero in black and white. slowly building up the story over time. Its been going well. Releasing the episodes every Tuesday on you tube.

finally have my full cast for criminal bounds
maybe i will finish my web series before 2016

writing a ~30min dark comedy, prepro for a short crime thriller (may do installments), just did a 14-hour music video shoot on Saturday...busy busy busy! :yes:

Producing/Editing a web series to compliment a local entertainment zine.

Writing a script. American Sniper 'esque.

Producing a film that I will shoot and edit in the fall about a couple looking back on their now ended relationship. Her parts are in the form of a video blog that she sends him the link to.

Might be making a film about a rocketeer if he ever gets back to me!

What are you working on right now?

Are you writing?
A. No new scripts yet. But I am currently writing reviews and essays on my blog (thecinemawarehouse.com) all about different films, tv shows, and video games: mainly obscure or underrated ones.
Are you on location, filming?
A. No
Are you in post?
A. Yes, neck deep in post-production work for my Senior Thesis film, "Bill & Maggie's Intergalactic Taxi Service." I graduate just this past May, so this was the film that I shot before I graduated. I'm preparing it to be ready for the fall Film Festival circuit this year.
Are you concentrating on your day job?
A. Currently not employed yet.
Are you at school?
A. Recently graduated from SCAD.
Are you fundraising?
A. No
Are you fallin' in love?
A. If you mean with anything including anyone in particular, not as of yet. My last great love affair was when I played through Half Life 2. I absolutely loved that game, and I thought the character of Alyx Vance was the single best female video game character I had ever seen or interacted with. A very underrated and endearing heroine.

Back