What are you working on?

My webseries has been delayed again, with only two scenes left to film. In the meantime, I've been working on a lot of short videos, some filmed, some written.

I plan on releasing content regularly to try to build a following.

This

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sdWfPMeAmg

:)

Holy Shit!!! I know nothing about guns. So I was wondering what the hell was going on. The ending was therefore that much better for me. Very, very nice.

Working on so many things. Trying to make a few shorts, to figure out the difference between what I think will happen when I do A, and what really happens when I do A. Then try to do B on a different short, to see if B solves the problem.

The goal is to be ready for a feature by beginning september. Script is ready, finally.

I guess music videos, however creative you want to be with them, are fundamentally advertising and are basically the same as corporate vids. Much as you might want total creative control over them, you've got to hand your product over to the person who's commissioned it. I think that can be quite a frustrating experience, so the skill is, from the off, tailoring your production not just to what you want, but what the musician/manager/record label want.

From trial and error I now know it is all about finding the right type of musician. Some of them are all over the place and have no chance of being successful. Other musicians have direction and they are a joy to deal with. It is a question of finding the joy rather than the pain. This is a hard lesson, well learned.

In contrast, corporates are dead easy. I just did a 'corporate' shoot and it was a joy. It's dead simple: Find out what they want, execute against brief, make some tweaks and an absolutely delighted end user.

What made it so easy was direction. Sure, I had to sit down with him for a few hours but what I extracted from him was a clear direction, goals and vision which made it dead easy for me to execute against brief. In contrast, one musician I am dealing with couldn't even work out what his own song was about! Time to get the h"ll out of there when they are like that.

Right now I'm doing a complete overhaul of my feature film. I've decided to raise the stakes in a big way and that means changing a lot of the story around - taking bits out here, putting bits in there. Also developing characters a lot more. Going through all my dialogue tonight with my flat mate/class mate/co-producer/first A-D of choice. The man is like my brother. We're gonna figure out what works and what doesn't and evaluate each scene.

It's gonna be hard, but worth it.

I've not really been around the boards for the past couple of months and feel a bit out of the loop, so I'll ask my question again:

What are you working on at the moment?

I'm working on the details of the production schedule and budget for the feature film I'm making with my wife and a good friend, an excellent cinematographer here in Boston. We produced and wrote a short film together that had a really good festival run. And decided to take the next step into a feature.

Finer Homes and Gangsters will be shooting on Cape Code in March. We have it fully cast with some amazing actors. (It is a SAG Ultra Low budget film.) I'm in the weeds of budgets, production schedule and SAG paperwork right now. But I'm trying to make time to storyboard and work through some of the shots as well.

We're launching our Kickstarter campaign next week to try and really make this the best film we possibly can. So, we just finished up our Kickstarter video last night.

BTW. I have a lot of thanks to give out to the IndieTalk community! There is so much I have learned from the discussions here! I'll try to pass on what I learn as well.

11822480036_6af27e5c7a_n.jpg

I've not really been around the boards for the past couple of months and feel a bit out of the loop, so I'll ask my question again:

What are you working on at the moment?

Welcome back :)

Just finishing up our little church film. In post production now and hope to wrap up by the end of the month.

Personally, I have made a goal to make a short film every month this year. More films will hopefully equate to faster skill building.

I am not a writer by any stretch of the imagination so this will be even more challenging for me as I will be attempting to come up with my own ideas for these.

Doing demo reels, mostly. Rating and compiling all the stuff I've done and trying to organize it in a way to show what I CAN do (so hopefully people will give me money).

Other than that, a weird project that just came up, I will be scoring a D&D game. The game meets every other week and I was asked to play. After each session, I'll write a bit of music or two based on what happens. By the next session, I should have some music to add to the playlist. This gives me a) more an opportunity to work in the genre I most want to (fantasy adventure) and b) hopefully something the other players will dig too. If the project goes on to yield anything good or interesting, of course I'll post it here (you know me: I won't shut up about it!)

I'm sorta new here. Lurked for a long time before registering.

I'm editing my first feature. I'm doing audio at the moment. Replacing some bad sound in a few scenes and listening to music donated by various friends to see if I can make any of it work.

I'm meeting with a friend tomorrow and we'll hopefully agree on what we want to do for a short film we'll enter a local contest with. The countryside has to have a prominent role in the short, so I'm thinking that I might use a poem I wrote for narration and film someone acting out the poem in various outdoor locations. It makes more sense if you could read the 25 verse poem.

Anyway, hope you don't mind me answering your question.

Preproduction for short experimental film which is going to involve a lot of weird and hopefully disturbing graphics coupled with abstract visuals, animation, special effects, archival footage and what not.

Writing a short arthousish narrative for filming later in the year

I haven't been on set in a whole month and I'm going a little stir crazy sitting at home waiting for the phone to ring :eek:

I'm back on set on Sunday, shooting the first part of a comedy Pilot. After that I'm starting pre-pro on a commercial.

Slowly getting back into it, but man December/Jan are slow work times ;)

I'm currently working on a couple different short films for a local film festival. One is a love story that I'm writing and directing (currently in mega pre-production and still writing the script.) The other one is a thriller about a school shooting that I wrote, and I'm starring in, which begins production next week! I'm very excited for that one.

In Pre production for two shorts, one being shot in ireland (currently in the indiegogo money making phase) and my other short that I am DPing shot in my home city, need to start casting now christmas and new year is done with!

Camera and Studio Rentals in Toronto

Hi All

I just wanted to let you all know, that we're a new Camera and studio rental based in Toronto.

We have a lots of cameras and lenses such as , Arri Alexa, Red Cameras , Canon CN Lenses and MOVI M5 for rental.
Our prices are very competitive in town.

Please feel free to check out our latest prices for your next project.
www.ccc.camera
416-900-3549:)

Back