What are you working on?

All being well, we're gonna do a promotional video (about five minutes) related to this pilot show idea sometime in the next month. Perhaps I can be a bit less coy when that thing is up on YouTube. Also some nice progress on practical FX, and production Website is about 50% there.

Erm, it appears as if I'll be doing a promotional video related to a pilot show by someone called Liz Black in the next month...

I am completing my first 'all-my-own' short which has now been savagely cut down and needs to be coloured. There is also a trailer which needs to be completed.

I am in pre for my next short (which rocks). The feedback I have had for this is unbelievably positive so am doing my best not to scr@w it up. I have a professional videographer on board who really wants to shoot this, a Swedish co-director (because he's Swedish he must be good...) and a little experience. I'm terrified and exhilarated as the story has had universally positive feedback.

Also, I am shooting a music video. This is a first for me but is straight off the back of my first little short.

After this, I will be putting up a website as well as do my day job, keep my other half and her daughter happy as well as close down my former business. It's quite a weekend.

And naturally I have to go and get drunk...

Currently writing a shooting script from a 35 page outline I've developed for an untitled short film. I'm excited about it. Once it's complete, fundraising will be the next place although I'm already funding this with approx $3,000 of my own cash (approx as I've not factored in the exchange rate!). I'll look at indiegogo or similar - it's a project that will certainly attract some as it is very genre specific and has a unique style that as far as commercial/mainstream films go, has not been done before - a combination of several filming and editing styles.

I am starting preproduction on my first horror short which will be a zombie film with a different twist. We're going to start shooting in October. The run time will be 10-15 minutes.

I'm in the middle of moving to a different part of the state, so it's pretty much writing for me. I've got 4 different scripts in the works at the moment.

Sort of working on a post-apocalyptic-thing script. Not the only iron in the fire, but it seems to have my attention lately. Not sure where it's going. Quite grim, so, I dunno.

Edit: Scratch that. It's time I commit to writing that pseudohistorical fantasy action/adventure thingy.

Last edited:
Just finished my first feature. I have it submitted to the Philly Film Fest and Hollywood Film Fest. I'm having my second private screening this Thursday. The first one got good reveiws for my target audience, 18-45 year old males. Doing the waiting pattern to see what could possibly happen with the film.
Oliver Twisted~ Oliver Twist meets Pulp Fiction. can I ask you to watch the trailer? www.olivertwisted.xxx

I'm in pre-production for a spanish dubbed version of the movie, which would be insane. This version of the movie, all the profits would go to charity for ever.

I asked the Philadelphia Film Comission if I could be their film maker of the month on their website and they said yes! So now I have to make up the next story. "Judgement Day"~ vampire movie with a conscious. he might save the world. but are we worthy? :huh:

Okay ... I'll bite.

I am writing a story bible / proposal for a series for small cable TV networks that buy content from independent filmmakers. It is getting better and better with each new draft.

I am writing a screenplay, I, Creator 3 - The Singularity, which will be the next installment in the I, Creator series. Like the story bible, each new draft is getting better than the last one. This will, hopefully, be a feature movie for a cable TV network.

I am doing a free one week viewing of the 22 pilot film this week only to hopefully, inspire public awareness of the series. Remember, originally the production was being made to be a 40 minute pilot. So, I had to do a Lost In Space unaired pilot revision for the NYTVF and cram 40 minutes of footage into a 22 minute version. So, scenes got condensed, omitted, and remixed to make that happen in the same way Lost In Space condensed nine episodes into one for their unaired pilot that also used lots of narrations like I did to get viewers caught up with the story in a budgeted amount of time.

I hope to complete the 40 minute version next year and if funds and time permits, reshoot some bad footage to better make EFx shots work better. With my luck, I'll be lucky to just get the key new footage to have a 40 minute production.

I want more footage to have something to work with to take to NATPE with the 5 minute preview and story bible and pitch to find investors, distributors, and cable TV networks interested in the content being made.

I am also looking for a business partner with a background as an experienced producer who has already sold content to small cable TV networks such as ShowTime, HBO, and SyFy.

Myself, cast, and crew currently need a new career path with some sort of a brighter future than what we currently have. This economy is making day to day living very difficult.

Last edited:
Something else I've done is get feedback on the spaceship designs of the robotic AI spaceship, Andromeda and its cyborg crew from mechanical engineers, aerospace engineers, and science fiction writers from different groups.

Example: With cyborgs long range Wi-Fi connections to the spaceship and the ship is fully capable of flying itself, the need for control panels, flight sticks, and hands on control should be eliminated from the ship. Also, cyborgs need greater power than a USB charger can deliver. An on board fusion reactor is a better solution for both the ship and the cyborgs.

I am also getting suggestions from science fiction writers on the heroes journey for my series story bible. I find their additional suggestions useful in forming a better picture of what will make a better series.

Trying to find time to finish the 15 to 20 hours of final post cleanup needed on Kohlman Files. Moved this past week plus had some off hours stuff that had to be done on my day job. Hopefully this week.

So awesome to hear what everyone is up to! Man, I love that y'all are so busy and making mooovies :P

Me, I've been pre-occupied helping Sean get his acupuncture business off the ground. Needless to say, money's been tight so we've been living pretty boring, teetotalling lives. I've managed to read a quarter of Bill Clinton's autobiography in 3 days (which is quite a feat, if you've ever seen that tome), and it's making me feel like I've wasted my life. lol.

Seriously, though, I'm mainly waiting to hear back from more fests for Stockholm Santa, procrastinating on sending out cast/crew DVDs and trying to come up with another story idea worthy of my time ;) Have a few broad themes I'd like to explore, but so far no spark of inspiration for how to realize them.

And looking forward to the Second Annual MidKnightly Horror Short criteria about six weeks away!

O.o Yes, looking forward to this. It'll be nice to have an excuse to churn something out.

The most immediate thing is that I am going to be in Laredo, TX next week to attempt to finally settle my late father's estate.

Sorry for your loss. Glad to hear you're keeping busy though.

Christmas shopping......:D

Whaaaa? No way. It is NOT that time yet. Say it ain't so.

I have numerous projects in various stages of development.

:lol:

New project! I've been asked by an artist I know to write a script for a comic. I've never done that before...I'm usually really good with ideas, but never actually scripted before. So I'm learning. Initial idea to outline for the first issue took 2 days. I'm giving myself until the end of October to have a script.

Related here as the artist is a director I've worked with before, and pretty awesome at that.

Currently in the last couple weeks of shooting what will be our second feature. Horror/Comedy. Have been blessed with an amazing cast. Have a painful amount of post work ahead of us though. Hope to be done this time next year.

Hitting AFM in Santa Monica coming up in November for fun.

Back