What are you working on today? Community Blog

Big or small! On a film shoot? Writing? Whatever!

If you do something for your film, even something small, every day, it WILL get made! Eventually. ;) Let this blog help you.

Don't procrastinate! Even something as small as proofreading or shopping for batteries counts.

So what are YOU working on today? Post below! And if the answer is nothing, think of something!

1627489251076.png

Film Production: On Set of 'Pendant'" by vancouverfilmschool is licensed under CC BY 2.0

mlesemann

Staff Member
I've jumped into revising the pilot episode of the sit-com that I'm working on with a client. I'm still waiting for his notes/feedback - expected this coming weekend - but decided to do a bit more work on it in the interim. I really like the project (no, I can't say what it's about 'cause it's not MINE in terms of ownership even though I'm credited as writer) and I can actually SEE what it would look like. Of course it's a long long LONG way from there to actually seeing it on a screen, but hey, it's a step in the right direction.

I'm preparing my team for the 48 Hour Film Project in Los Angeles. The 48 is a film competition where you have 48 hours to write, shoot, edit and deliver a 4- to 7-minute film. It takes place next weekend August 6-8. I'm still looking for an editor (Premiere preferred) and a sound designer. It's an unpaid gig by the rules of the competition, but a fun experience producing something in such a short time period.

indietalk

IndieTalk Founder
Staff Member
Admin
Relaxing weekend or working on something? ;)

I just finished my Script Doctoring class homework. Next, I will be writing the next few pages of the feature I'm working on. I don't know if the class is helping me while I'm writing the first draft, but I believe it will come in handy once I start the rewrites.

Last edited:
Not so much putting "pen to paper" as the teeth of a mechanical excavator to heavy clay soil in pursuit of my Grand Plan ... and then having to put things on pause because some of the locals decided to stage a sit-in protest!

Grenouille-Vert03.jpg

In fact, I've been making quite a bit of progress on the Grand Plan, but action at the expense of words. Speaking of which, time to boot up the chainsaw and take advantage of this lovely October weather before the summer comes back.