streaming What are you watching rn?

Wait didn't someone on here write a plot like this!! and they were told it was unrealistic ?? LOL
Damn sometimes life gets so much stranger than fiction

She had a deal with a hospital dr, he would declare the infants stillborn and sell them to her.
Then she would charge people to adopt the baby. 5,000 babies were stolen by her.

so much for "if women ruled the world there wouldn't be wars" bc
according to this... a woman started the crusades!!! holy hell.

Last edited:
Women are every bit as capable of being SOB's as men - we just haven't always had the opportunity :)

Yeah its interesting thinking about the differences that motivate us sometimes.
Like I was a state champion for beer pong right, and women played that too, but they never won tournaments against the men.

but makes no difference how strong or fast you are, so why wouldnt the women win?
IMO what it came down to was women dont sit alone in their basement practicing beer pong by themselves for hours a day for years on end.

Bc it's just a silly game. but something about being a man seems to give us more of a competitive drive in these silly things that shouldn't matter.
the social experience of being there and having fun isnt enough. we have to win too.

I didnt see that attitude in any of the women in all the years i played. not to the extreme degree.
I could only guess or imagine why. I didnt come to any powerful conclusion on that.

Depends on the person - maybe women just don't care about beer pong :)

There are plenty of super competitive women in sports - the Williams sisters, every WNBA player, and the Women's World Cup soccer team come to mind.
And in politics - like any of them or not - Hillary Clinton, Kamala Harris, and Elizabeth Warren on the Democratic side; Susan Collins, Nikki Haley, and Condoleeza Rice among Republicans.

something about being a man seems to give us more of a competitive drive in these silly things that shouldn't matter.
You maybe be right, however, that women are more selective about where and how we choose to compete (admittedly a broad generalization from a narrow discussion),

Well YESTERDAY, I watched @mlesemann's DETOURS on Tubi. I liked it. I don't even know you but I'm super PROUD of you for having pulled it off. I know how difficult it can be to pull off a production that HAS MONEY, let alone one that doesn't have as much.

I especially loved the Cop toward the end... LOL and of course, his outtakes. Hilarious.

Great job!

Well YESTERDAY, I watched @mlesemann's DETOURS on Tubi. I liked it. I don't even know you but I'm super PROUD of you for having pulled it off. I know how difficult it can be to pull off a production that HAS MONEY, let alone one that doesn't have as much.

I especially loved the Cop toward the end... LOL and of course, his outtakes. Hilarious.

Great job!

Thank you! That really means a lot to me - and I appreciate you watching it.

The guy who played the cop - Aaron Weiner - plays cops a lot - he had a recurring role as an FBI agent on The Americans. So he REALLY had fun with that, and was a joy to have on set. He's also a serious stage actor who's now the Associate Artistic Director of the Labyrinth Theater Company in NY (which was co-founded by Philip Seymour Hoffman), so I was really thrilled to have him.

He looked familiar to me... Now, I'll have to go rebinge THE AMERICANS. Love that show. Little do people know that the show revealed LOTS of little-known spy techniques in all kinds of situations. I can imagine whomever spilled some of what I saw on that show doesn't have many friends left in Intel. LOLOLOL.

Thank you! That really means a lot to me - and I appreciate you watching it.

The guy who played the cop - Aaron Weiner - plays cops a lot - he had a recurring role as an FBI agent on The Americans. So he REALLY had fun with that, and was a joy to have on set. He's also a serious stage actor who's now the Associate Artistic Director of the Labyrinth Theater Company in NY (which was co-founded by Philip Seymour Hoffman), so I was really thrilled to have him.
Going to watch your other film as soon as I get a chance... I hate stopping in the middle of a movie. I prefer to watch them all the way through.

A bootlegged 8mm video of David Peel and The Lower East Side, doing "The Pope Smokes Dope" (and other "counter culture" classics) at some crappy Greenwich Village coffee shop back in the 70's. Groovy, baby. Then it'll be time for the Ramones.

That's funny but you know what? Even with all the boxing, martial arts, etc. we have out there today? You'd be surprised at how bad the average street fight is. Not a whole lot better than your video.

I'm binge watching American Horror Story. I've noticed a pattern - their best work or at least in my opinion is 1960 type of themes. The first season, second and third. I think first 4 seasons are ok, afterwards they went a little bit into misery. Fifth season was interesting, sixth season was like ok, but strange even tho the theme and the old vibe was interesting. Seventh season was like wtf, too modern I think. And then the 8th season when suddenly everything get's twisted and it goes back to it's roots - kind of. Whole thing get's mixed up and so on.
I just think that there there was something special about first few seasons that the rest are trying hard to catch up on, but they just can't.

🎬

What a cool DP! this is the first time i wanted to listen to a pdocast after watching an episode.

Last edited:
Watched cinematography videos ALLLL week.
This was the most fun to watch i think... having someone with a full crew and cast do their setup and just watching how different people work

But he has a cold and talks really slow, you have to put the video speed at 1.5x to enjoy the pacing IMO

That's funny but you know what? Even with all the boxing, martial arts, etc. we have out there today? You'd be surprised at how bad the average street fight is. Not a whole lot better than your video.

I watch street fights regularly on youtube and reddit.
It's fascinating to me how real movies have never once managed to capture the feeling of a real fight

It always looks so and feels so much different when its a one take on youtube and the people really fall down, no trick camera angles etc
And that beirut explosion too ... have movie explosions ever come close to how it looked or moved??

I take it you've been watching the footage.. like this wedding here.
People are scared, the ground rumbles, other people are laughing. Maybe a jet broke the sound barrier or something, they think to themselves

Them a few seconds later WHAMMM shockwave.

It makes you think that in 100 years audiences will have access to so much real footage like this, they will be a lot more knowledgeable and discerning about what passes for reality.

Last edited:
Whatever you do.. DO NOT ASK HIM how he filmed the chicken from City of God 😄 😄

Look at that thumbnail pic! I have dreamed of something like that as a director.
Close one eye and you can see what the camera is seeing. IN total darkness just the image. So amazing.

I WANTTT ITT

Last edited:
Back