Want To Make IndieTalk: The Movie?

Indie Film: The Movie

I don't know if the film will turn out needing this, but I am currently in Djibouti, Africa. It's a small, third world country bordering Somolia and Ethiopia. Filming here would be incredible. The locals are also very very helpful. You slip them pocket change and you will have one hundred extras, and some bad ass crazy somoli killers. Also, I can travel to anywhere in the world where I am needed. I will pay for my own fare obviously. Problem is, I only have a month. If I am going to travel somewhere to film, I am hoping it is not Arkansas, no offense. Lets try to get some nicer shooting locations near peoples homes. Also, I build websites with dreamweaver and I am more than happy to build a professional website for everyone. Just let me know. Writers, start writing. Were not going to have even a fairly solid idea for at least month, so there is plenty to do.

Last edited:
clive said:
Spooky -- I was thinking scary clown all the time! Either that or some kind of knitted animal

I have several socks with no partners I'd be willing to donate.

I'll also pitch in as far as creative goes. I'm a little etherial, but I like to keep it "outside the box"

I have several socks with no partners I'd be willing to donate.

Me too... where do those varmits get to?

But actually on a more serious note, perhaps I ought to stop hijacking this thread with my insanity!

I'm going to hang onto the "International Evil Clown Puppet Movie" concept for some period in my life that I've more free time.

I'm definitely in for story development or whatever I might be able to contribute 'virtually,' as I'm not sure I could travel to film location and would hate to commit and not come through. What else can be done via the internet or via phone calls? I'm pretty good at organizing things, and managing people and tasks. If I could make it to a location (coming from Detroit), and the time frame is good, then I can volunteer as an actor (pix and resume upon request:D ), PA, AD??? Just nothing too technical with electrical.

Also, my two cents - one short script or a series of related shorts that could be shot without much outlay of cash and in different locations might be easier to pull together.

If a budget (read: cold hard cash) is needed to cover some expenses, how would folks feel about making a donation to the cause? Or is it too early to consider such things?

This is a really interesting idea that has definite PR cache. I recently read in a film magazine about a group who wrote and produced a film completely via the internet, then flew in from all over the U.S. to shoot it (in Texas, maybe? not sure) This project would take it to a worldwide, professional level, it sounds like anyway. Pretty neet. :clap: :clap:

What if I were to tell you I would give you one million, billion, trillion dollars? Would that sound good? I bet, too bad... Ok anyway, Lets get discussing the concept of what were going to film.

Whats Happening...

We are going to go with option C:
C) I thought of another way to combine the two: The first short film deals with the person/happenings of what is going to effect the others around the world. Then every 'episode/sequel' coming after that might deal with how that effects each person from around the world.

So we make the 1 film. Big number of writers, editers, composers etc from all over the world, but only one filming crew. This IS the best option for us to acually getting this done and filmed. Now when we finish this film, short film or longer, we can then have the option of everyone from around the world to make a short dealing with whatever happens in this first film.

Now im going to open a story development thread, so we can start to throw all of our good ideas around.

And to the people that have messaged me, i'm going to reply now regarding your issues!

Cheers, Kane

Contempovision Films said:
Ok, for now, heres the homepage for the project: www.cvfilms.net/indietalkthemovie.html
I head count is a good idea, and ill put the names up on the crew part of the site, so if you interested, officially say so, and what roles you want to do!
I'm in. director. While I haven't done make-up efx in years, I still have a small kit, so I could help there, if needed.

I'd be willing to offer color correction/grading. I have some might fine tools for that sort of work here!

Found the article in Indie Slate, Issue #42 ('The Ancient creates history,' by Kevin Woods and Greg Chambers) about the film 'The Ancient' that was 'conceived, written, storyboarded and fine tuned over the Internet.'

There's no link to the article at the mag's website. However, here soundbites from the article:

'[The filmmakers, Necorscopic Unlimited and American Movieworks]....ultilized cyberspace to gather a crew and cast from all over the country and produced the horror feature, The Ancient...... Bugeting solely for room and board, the cast and crew had only three days to complete principal photography on what was to be the first motion picutre to have been developed and prepped completely over the internet..... After befriending moviemakers the world over on some popular film boards, [Tracy Crocket of American Movieworks] decided to organize a gathering of indies in Gainsville, Texas..... the focus shifted from watching movies to actually making one..... Cast, crewmembers and generally interested folk flew and drove to Gainesville [Texas]... for the three-day event.... Early on September 10, 2004, The Ancient began pricipal photography. Five crews each set off with a shot list and the necessary actors to begin shooting...... on miniDV ..... on September 12, principal photography was complete... The September 10 [2005] screenings - at venues from Anderson, SC to Bakersfield, CA - were a huge success...'

Hey, sounds cool. But we have 1 over them, they were from around the country (im guessing usa), we are from around the world :)

Don't know where the first shoot will actually take place, but if I can get there, you can have me for one of several jobs- Wardrobe/make-up: Script Supervisor: 1st AD, 2nd AD. Just lemme know. :)

Hey, I'm wondering if anyone here who's volunteered as a 'producer' (or would like to), might be willing to offer to take on the role of producer role within the story development group. I imagine this individual would have experience working with writers, developing scripts, being mindful of budget and production issues while skillfully guiding the group to complete its goal. If this sounds like an appealing task, step over to the story group and request to help out. I think it would be a very useful to have you work with us!

Back