Tron 2 is awesome

More interesting fiction read on modern biomed science is Michael Crichtons "Next" go through the footnotes for some interesting facts\case studies.

But Tron 2? I want to see it bad. Just need time and money.

Dollar-theater is still playing it - seen it six times now. :blush:

My grand determination:

1) The director should stick to art/set design.

2) Dialogue (and excessive exposition) was clumsy.

The greatest thing about the film are the questions raised that never get discussed.

In spite of all its flaws (and there are many), I still find this film compelling. Mainly for the concept, I 'spose.

Heh, bought the soundtrack too. :abduct:

Zensteve, you've seen this movie six times?! Good Lord, man. I'm, for some reason, thinking that you do indeed like this move a whole lot.

But, that begs the question: what about Tron 2 do you like so much? What drew you to see it six times? I mean, you've seemed to be somewhat reticent about it, being underwhelmed, and all. Yet, you've still seen it six times. How do you explain yourself, young man?

:)

I've seen it three times :)

First time: yeah, let's go see it. Loved it. Had low expectations and was blown away.

Second: you haven't seen it yet? Sure I'll see it again. Again enjoyed it, got to see more of the details.

Third: yeah, my nephew would like it. And it's playing at the omni now? Heck yeah. Still good, hair slower now, and while the omni (IMAX film, way bigger screen that's domed around you in every direction. Like a 250' tall screen meets a planetarium) was cool for most parts, but whenever something was framed way on the side it was mega distorted and had to turn your head way around. Still fun.

I went to see it in digital 3D at the 2nd run theater. I liked it a lot better the 2nd time and honestly, the digital 3D is vastly superior to the IMAX 3D. I preferred not wearing the glasses for the "real world" sections of the movie. In IMAX I couldn't do that as it was too fuzzy, but digital was very subtle.

It really did have to do with only paying $3 to see it too. I agree with an idea James Cameron had in 1998 which is that the type of movie it is should determine the ticket price. Some movies are worth more to see.

Got my Identity Disc today. :blush:

• Tron 2 Blue Ray 3D
  • Tron 2 Blue Ray
  • Tron 2 DVD
  • Tron 2 Zune Copy

...and the Blue Ray of Tron 1 :cool:

All in one sweet (but schlocky) Identity Disc case that illuminates when you press a button.

I celebrated the arrival of my preordered movie package by seeing it again at the dollar theater... that 9 times now.

I am such a nerd. :mope:

So Dr. Richards... when do we raise our identity discs, toss back some microChips and soak up the Blu-rays? Gotta see! Wanna see! Nerds unite! :pop:

Now THAT is a big door!

Just saw it today. I had the original set to arrive today via Netflix but it didn't come, which greatly upset my 4 year old son.

So we sprung the six bucks to watch Tron: Legacy on-demand.

HOLY COW, I loved it!

As a kid I loved Star Wars and the Star Trek movies and the original V and went to see 2010 in the theatre but Tron was the sci-fi film I most identified with. It used to play 100 times every summer on The Disney Channel (when Disney was a premium channel) and I watched it every time. I made my folks buy me a thin bicycle helmet because it was the closest thing I could find to a Tron helmet.

Watching Tron: Legacy today made me feel like I was 9 again. Way more than the new Star Wars episodes. I was transported today. I wish the CGI had been a little better on young Bridges, but it didn't interfere with my enjoyment.

Torn Legacy is getting a lot of love on this forum...

I'm going to be the one to stick my head out and say that I thought it was rubbish :blush:

Wanted to get the identity disc edition today but no Best Buy stores had it. But yes, loved this movie.

I don't know about everyone else but I dig 3D. If I had a chance, I'd see most movies in 3D.

Ok...

I didn't like it that much. I thought that they would do a little better with the CG since the first one was so revolutionary. I liked the soundtrack though. I also didn't like the generic ending. As far as the art direction goes I thought it wan't as good as the first because it seemed that everything in the Grid was only in red, blue, and white. In the original movie they got pretty creative with their color design. But it wasn't bad. I have seen many worse sequels.

I finally saw TRON LEGACY and really liked it. The story wasn't deep, but the music score, girls and body suits (with cool light patterns) kept me glued to the screen. "You're messing with my zen!" (or something to that effect) was a great Jeff Bridges line!

As far as the art direction goes I thought it wan't as good as the first because it seemed that everything in the Grid was only in red, blue, and white. In the original movie they got pretty creative with their color design.

I certainly have a new appreciation of the original Tron, having watched it again on the included discs.

I think, though, that the actual art direction in Tron 2 was second to none. A lot of it was simply not utilised well, and the film's direction (in general) was poor. The movie was a basket of exceptionally-well created eye-candy. Lacking a purpose, however, makes all that CGI a waste.

I feel the same way about Joel Schumacher's adaptation of the Phantom of the Opera musical. Incredible and very imaginative set-design, with lackluster direction.

keepitlowkey said:
the plot was pretty poor with huge plot holes in it.

I don't think anyone would disagree. :lol:

Regardless... it is my film for 2011. :blush:

I've lost count of the number of times I've watched TRON Legacy. Easily over 20. Absolutely loved it. Daft Punk definitely did an amazing job with the soundtrack. Looks great on Blu-ray 3D at home.

The movie inspired that sense of wonder, imagining what was over that horizon and at the bottom of the "sea". Oh, and yes, some of the dialog was indeed cheesy, but that kept it in line with the original film. "This system's got more bugs than a bait store."

The first TRON resides permanently on my iPhone and iPad, along with Legacy now.

I'm too lazy to see I posted on this:lol:

I must say I was very pleasantly surprised at well it was done (and the Mrs, who is a Tron Devotee who was sure she would hate it, absolutely enjoyed it)-for me, I think what made it was the whole parent/child aspect of it-I had no problem with the fact it was a lot of talking/philosophy/dialogue, and I could really identify with Flynn and the relationship to his son-I think any parent (and I am one) can identify with the whole notion of coming to terms with letting their child fly, as well as trying to be there for them.

Overall it will definitely go in my "buy" collection to watch again and again (I rented it)-just a well done movie.

Back