• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

The Clapper Bored- New/Improved!

Okey splokey, here goes:

Dear Film enthusiasts,

The Clapper Bored (http://theclapperbored.com) is launching its brand new Podcast this winter and we need your help! We're looking to conduct interviews every week with people in the film business, so if you're looking to promote your film then it's the perfect platform! We're looking for two types of contributors:

1.) If you are promoting a project, selling something you've done in the past or just want to talk about what you do in the film business then please come on the show for an interview! I'm interested in all of you...

2.) If you've got a burning question, love the sound of your own voice or don't mind helping me out then please record yourself asking a question, making a statement or promoting your film!

So if you're interested please send an email to nick@theclapperbored.com and I'll get back to you asap so we can arrange something!

Thanks in advance,
Nick
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Does that sound ok?

Thanks again :)

Cheers Cracker/UC.

@rockerrockstar: I get a lot of what you're saying.

To be honest though I'm not trying to compete with RT or any of the massive professional sites, I'm just trying to produce decent quality reviews, articles and features. Most of the things you mention in terms of marketing we already have.

Facebook= http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/The-Clapper-Bored/160832843930173

Twitter= http://www.twitter.com/theclapperbored

So, yes, I do try and get these things mobilised. I'm not really marketing the site as a commercial venture. There will always be bigger film sites for both reviews and filmmaking, so that's never concerned me. I just want it to be fun and informative, which I hope it is/will be.

But thanks for checking it out and I'll take a poke around that marketing forum you recommend! :)

In terms of facebook, it helps not just having a page, but choosing some groups with like interests and promoting your work there. Just a link and a blurb each time something new and unusual goes up, like an interview, really helps.

Also, check out doing some cheap advertising. Project Wonderful literally has ads for pennies a day, and I get about 1/3 of my traffic from them. They're heavy on media stuff, so it might be a good place for you, too.

What kind of traffic are you getting now?

In terms of facebook, it helps not just having a page, but choosing some groups with like interests and promoting your work there. Just a link and a blurb each time something new and unusual goes up, like an interview, really helps.

Also, check out doing some cheap advertising. Project Wonderful literally has ads for pennies a day, and I get about 1/3 of my traffic from them. They're heavy on media stuff, so it might be a good place for you, too.

What kind of traffic are you getting now?

Thanks for the link to Project Wonderful, I'd never heard of it and that seems really good- signing up as I type (almost)...

As for the Facebook thing... I've never used that Facebook page properly, but I should really start. I enjoy Twitter more to be honest, but you're right; I should start doing that properly.

I'm not sure what traffic I'm getting. The gentleman who set the site up for me balls something up on the Wordpress, so, amongst other things, the traffic meter doesn't work. I don't think I get too much traffic- I seem to be inundated with spam and am deleting about 40 comments a day. Don't know why it happened but it coincided with a particularly unpleasant attack of spam directed at me by someone who used to be on these forums and didn't like what I had to say... :no:

Anyhow thanks for the advice, I'm going to follow up on Project Wonderful (what a lovely name!)

For your stats, try stat counter or google analytics. Your guy should be able to add those easily, and you'll get good data. It really helps to see where people are going, what interests them.

I'm just asking a quick technical question:

I am currently receiving about 2000 spam comments per day, aka more than I have the time or will to manually delete. Does anyone know why and how I can stop this problem?

Much appreciated,
Nick

I'm just asking a quick technical question:

I am currently receiving about 2000 spam comments per day, aka more than I have the time or will to manually delete. Does anyone know why and how I can stop this problem?

Much appreciated,
Nick

There are a fair few plugins for Wordpress that partially or fully automate comment filtering - I haven't done any Wordpress development for a while so I'm not sure what the latest and greatest ones are, but Akismet certainly used to be very popular.

Well I sent this out in an email last night and I know a few people are here are on my 'mailing list' but I thought I'd post it here anyway just in case people have been admiring me from afar ;)

Take a look, have a read. Let me know what you think of my ideas, ambitions and new haircut.

If you want to help then that's very much appreciated :)

The Clapper Bored Plans & Targets

Hi guys and gals!

I'm putting some stuff together for the relaunch/reboot of the site and I'm going to do a little bit of viral marketing for the project, generate some hype you know.

Anyhow I was wondering whether anyone would be interested in helping me out- I have two ideas.

1.) I get as many people as possible to record themselves reacting to the new website as if it's the most awesome thing ever! Then I cut it together and post it on YouTube with the whole 'Coming Soon' spiel.

2.) I run a little competition with some nominal prizes to come up with short, sweet and, most importantly, creative viral videos that I can post on YouTube. Let you guys do the hard work (I'd do one myself) but with some prizes on offer.

Any thoughts?

I'm really excited because the new site is looking great and is very nearly ready to launch! :D

It was Papertwinproductions' idea, so blame him for my insolence, but if any of you filmmakers had some DVDs of your films knocking about and would be interested in sending them to me in return for some promotion, we're looking to do a bunch of giveaways to mark the reopening of the site.

So let me know if you'd like to *give* some of your DVDs to adoring fans.

Or just shout if you're as excited as me ;)

Well I put together my media pack to send to all sorts of interesting people and companies in the film and entertainment industry. Got it all into an email and sent it off.

Then I realised that I hadn't attached the media pack :blush:

So at the risk of spamming the mailboxes of all sorts of people it's to my advantage not to piss off, I sent it again, this time with the all important attachment...

Not a great start but if anyone on here would like to see the incredibly important pre-release media pack then just let me know and I'll (try and) email it to you! :lol:

Back