• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

The Clapper Bored- New/Improved!

Clap on.
clap.gif

Clap off.
clap.gif

Clap on, clap off, the Clapper.

Sorry, I was bored. Badum bum.

23rv98p.gif

Last edited:
Your wish is my command :D

I have updated my Somewhere review ( www.theclapperbored.com ) with hyperlinks to trailers. How does that feel? Does it give off a good vibe? I think it's a shame they're red...

Awesome! The red works just fine, it goes with your color scheme on the site. But if you can access your CSS I would remove the underline. Maybe it's just me, but it makes it feel more like an advert or maybe it just draws too much attention. idk. I probably don't know what I'm talking about. :D

@VP: Thankyou for that wonderful GIF!

You just keep turning those dials, Clapper, and be aware of those snatchers...

Constant vigilance.

Dreadylocks said:
Awesome! The red works just fine, it goes with your color scheme on the site. But if you can access your CSS I would remove the underline. Maybe it's just me, but it makes it feel more like an advert or maybe it just draws too much attention. idk. I probably don't know what I'm talking about.

Glad you like. I would remove the underline but I have no idea how to (I may have mentioned previously that I'm a jackass with this sort of thing). But anyhow, it's a fun new feature.

I was just wondering, on the Podcast subject, how I host the podcast. I have my own hosting account where I have plenty of space and all, I'm just not really sure how to do any of it :( I find all this internet stuff kind of tricky in that I understand how to ask for help, but not how to do it myself :) So does anyone know how I set up the RSS feed or what not for the podcast? The easiest way used to me through mypodcast.com but that's not taking any new podcasts any more... So any help/advice would be received with great gladness :yes:

You'd totally get suckers... err... I mean volunteers... here at IndieTalk to interview for your podcast, btw.

Get two episodes ready & edited before releasing them, to give you some breather room between new episodes.

Also, decide on your format & length before even starting. That will help you keep things on track.

What podcasts do you listen too, anyway?

You'd totally get suckers... err... I mean volunteers... here at IndieTalk to interview for your podcast, btw.

Yes! If anyone wants to promote their work in general or a specific movie, or whatever, then just let me know! :yes:

Get two episodes ready & edited before releasing them, to give you some breather room between new episodes.

Also, decide on your format & length before even starting. That will help you keep things on track.

What podcasts do you listen too, anyway?

I actually don't download any podcasts because my iPod's bust and I can't update it :( But I used to download the BBC Film Programme and Kermode Uncut, which I'm sure mean nothing to you Americans :D

I think I've got the format and length settled on paper. I'll just have to give it a try and see how well it works.

One Question: Does anyone know a good (free) programme where I can grab Skype conversations as audio files? I know it can be done because I've participated on a podcast where they do it, seemingly without playing the whole business out of a set of speakers. So if anyone knows a good program that would be super appreciated :P

Cheers again all.

St. Nick, it seems like a fairly straight-forward website/blog type design. I know this was already addressed here, but the clapper board design feels visually weird to me, almost like an optical illusion. But that's a minor grumble. It's all about content anyway. Good luck with the 2.0 launch!

Hello!

I have a couple of questions/kind requests:

1.) Is there anyone on here who has a film/website/book...etc, that they want to promote with a short interview? If so can you send me a PM so that we can potentially arrange a time to record something.

2.) Can anyone give me some help with setting up an RSS feed? I understand the code that I need to put in but how do I upload the audio file to that feed and will I need to make a new page every time I upload a new podcast? And if so how can I catelog the podcasts? Is there not an easier way to do it that I'm being obtuse and ignoring?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out with either of my two problems!

:)

1.) Is there anyone on here who has a film/website/book...etc, that they want to promote with a short interview? If so can you send me a PM so that we can potentially arrange a time to record something.

Yeah, it'd be my pleasure to do just that. But not until my website and trailer are ready to go. A couple more weeks. Not sure how soon you want this.

Yeah, it'd be my pleasure to do just that. But not until my website and trailer are ready to go. A couple more weeks. Not sure how soon you want this.

That'd be great. Let me know whenever you've got time. I want to get a few interviews archived so that I can release them in future editions of the PodCast (if it all goes well), so I can always time it to coincide with your release/publicity. When's the website going to be up?

That'd be great. Let me know whenever you've got time. I want to get a few interviews archived so that I can release them in future editions of the PodCast (if it all goes well), so I can always time it to coincide with your release/publicity. When's the website going to be up?

I've set a deadline of Jan 11th (two weeks before the screening), but I'm gonna try to get it all done by maybe the 7th, or so. I'll keep you posted.

PM sent. I've got a couple of new films hitting the festival circuit in 2011 and I'd love to gush about them for your website.

If you want people to see it then you need to send traffic to it. One way would be to write articles and submit them to the article sites. Another would be to make videos and give out the link to the website at the end of the video. If people like the video they may visit your site. The youtube marketing idea. Generate good content that is similar to your site and submit. If it is good enough people will come to visit the site to check it out. Other then that you can network with film people.

Truthfully I think with your site the best thing so far would probably be facebook. Let your friends know about your blog via facebook. Because if people know you they will be more likely to visit your site. I dont really think currently it has enough of a interest to draw many people out side of your friends. Article marketing probably would be another good choice.

If you want other marketing ideas visit sites like www.warriorforum.com. It is a place where internet marketers hang out and talk about marketing. Good luck.

I don't think your site has a wide appeal to a large audience. You are competeing with some big sites like rottentomatoes and stuff like that if you are talking film reviews in a large sense. For making films there are many large websites. So my thoughts is that you are mainly probably using you website to network with like minded film makers or movie watchers. If you intent is to make money I think you will have to develope a better approach to marketing and monetizing and develop your site a lot more.

Of course put a link to you website in your signature in forums that allow that for a relevant forum. This way if people like what you are saying in the forum they may see your link and click it and check out the site.

The podcast Idea is pretty good. Maybe you can get it on itunes. They have pod casts there.

Last edited:
Cheers Cracker/UC.

@rockerrockstar: I get a lot of what you're saying.

To be honest though I'm not trying to compete with RT or any of the massive professional sites, I'm just trying to produce decent quality reviews, articles and features. Most of the things you mention in terms of marketing we already have.

Facebook= http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/The-Clapper-Bored/160832843930173

Twitter= http://www.twitter.com/theclapperbored

So, yes, I do try and get these things mobilised. I'm not really marketing the site as a commercial venture. There will always be bigger film sites for both reviews and filmmaking, so that's never concerned me. I just want it to be fun and informative, which I hope it is/will be.

But thanks for checking it out and I'll take a poke around that marketing forum you recommend! :)

Really intrigued by your site-Well done Nick! :)

I've been trying to get my own site offf the ground, and keep changing my mind what I want to do with it-so you're a lot further along than me! :)

A great looking site you have here! :)

@Tinalera: Cheers! I really appreciate any sort of support and appreciation! I look forward to taking a butcher's at your site once it's ready.

One request: I'm putting together the Podcast at the moment. Thanks to everyone who's said that they're willing to be interviewed. The more the merrier really!

I would love for people to do either of the following as well:

1.) Give me some questions, topics, statements...etc, to discuss on the show. I'm going to pretend like I already have an active fanbase, so if peeps here at IT could provide me with some challenging/amusing issues that would be AMAZING.

2.) One level up in the AMAZING chart would be if people could record themselves asking a question, raising a topic or making a statement so that I can add it to the Podcast. A variety of different people speaking will sound really good.

If you can be bothered to take the time to record me a snippet of your dulcet collective tones, then send it to podcast@theclapperbored.com

Thank you to anyone who even reads this! :D

Time for an update...

The Podcast is almost ready! I've managed to create the RSS feed so now all I need to do is get a few more interviews in my rucksack so that I can quickly produce new shows in the coming weeks...

Once again I issue my plea:

1.) If you are promoting a project, selling something you've done in the past or just want to talk about what you do in the film business then please come on the show for an interview! I'm interested in all of you... :)

2.) If you've got a burning question, love the sound of your own voice or don't mind helping me out then please record yourself asking a question, making a statement or promoting your film!

I want to make it sound like there are already listeners (don't tell anyone else) so if anyone can contribute anything they'll get a gold star and a special prize...

...I actually don't have any special prizes. Unless you want an @theclapperbored.com email address. I have 4995 spare...

Nick, would you like me to post this on Poptent?

I know for a fact there are many film-makers trying to advertise their works beyond the commercials, that would be more than willing to particpate.

I've also got a few friends who could be interested.

P.S A possible idea for a feature on your website. Have you thought about opening a "Collaboration Crew Database", the film-makers who read your blog, give you their details/availability/location etc who are specifically eager to work, and to collaborate. You then catalog all of their information, and the Small-Budget Indie film-maker can search through to find help on their projects.

I think this is a really strong idea, for one reason alone. Alot of people are intimidated by advertising for help, especially when they don't have the funds to pay. This would encourage alot of folk, mainly who are just starting out, to find a platform.

I should also say that i am in no way saying we should never again be paid for our services...but suggesting that a stepping stone for the beginners that are eager to work, to gain experience, can do so.

Just an idea. I'd think it could generate alot of buzz.

Nick, would you like me to post this on Poptent?

I know for a fact there are many film-makers trying to advertise their works beyond the commercials, that would be more than willing to particpate.

I've also got a few friends who could be interested.

I'm going to own up to the fact that I don't really know what Poptent is. But deferring to your superior knowledge (as well as your generous offer) that sounds amazing!

P.S A possible idea for a feature on your website. Have you thought about opening a "Collaboration Crew Database", the film-makers who read your blog, give you their details/availability/location etc who are specifically eager to work, and to collaborate. You then catalog all of their information, and the Small-Budget Indie film-maker can search through to find help on their projects.

I think this is a really strong idea, for one reason alone. Alot of people are intimidated by advertising for help, especially when they don't have the funds to pay. This would encourage alot of folk, mainly who are just starting out, to find a platform.

I should also say that i am in no way saying we should never again be paid for our services...but suggesting that a stepping stone for the beginners that are eager to work, to gain experience, can do so.

Just an idea. I'd think it could generate alot of buzz.

This is an idea that I'm really interested in.

I think something like this has really mileage because one of the crucial inhibiting factors for independent filmmakers is not having the correct crew and equipment. And it's a bit of a nightmare trying to rope people in to do jobs they don't know how, with equipment they don't understand.

I tried to set up a collaborative filmmaking group in London, but not very many people bit. But this is definitely something I'd like to do online...however...

...I have no idea how to do it. I am not a technically gifted person. I am a total lehman with computers and technology in general. I like it and use it, but I have no idea how it works! :hmm:

But I think it's a great idea that could really work. I don't know if you use Talent Circle ever, but I'd like something like that but with the focus being on collaboration and crew sharing...

Excellent. It would bring alot of traffic to your reviews, too.

Could you perhaps write-up what it is you want me to put on PT? I'm more than willing to chop through this thread, but i'm afraid of missing something out.

Back