Stills Share

This is one of my nieces during her first trip to the pumpkin patch.

Attachments

• scarycrow.jpg
    scarycrow.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 165
I recently went on a (another) roadtrip with my friends to the Great Ocean Road in Australia, Started experimenting a LOT with Panoramas which I am still working my way through the different possibilities.

Anyway below is a quick snap I saw as my friends were walking in front of me, got down low and took it and love it.

A few of the other pics I got are here http://500px.com/BrendanCherry

1490658_793318037351441_364396517_o.jpg

not the greatest pictures, but 250mm and first attempt to ever photograph the moon

moon.jpg

moon-night.jpg

I have a question.. why did i not have to turn my focus ring all the way to the side? I thought that would focus to infinity, but i still had to fine tune the focus for the moon, going left and right, back and forth until it was crisp. Why doesn't the full twist of the focus ring allow focusing to infinity?

Just did these self portraits yesterday. I ended up hating every single shot where I was looking at the camera, but I think that's normal for most people.

joshwall600.jpg

stairs600.jpg

I have a question.. why did i not have to turn my focus ring all the way to the side? I thought that would focus to infinity, but i still had to fine tune the focus for the moon, going left and right, back and forth until it was crisp. Why doesn't the full twist of the focus ring allow focusing to infinity?

I believe this occurs on cheaper lenses, I've read about it anyway.

I believe better/older/more expensive lenses will be at inifinity when fully turned one way.

My first moon pics on the 250mm looked pretty similar.

Lenses can go past infinity on the focus ring. The better made a lens is (usually) the less past infinity it will go. It is a production tolerance thing.

I enhanced blue in the shadows,added a bit of bluish to sky too,just played for 3 mins with it tbh. Getting up early in the morning was the hardest :D

Back