Newbie Here !

Hey all. im new to the board . always looking to network. Im in Houston TX, a indie filmmaker shooting on a Pentax K-x DSLR. Im using Ubuntu Linux for ALL my editing and post work. Love to hear frm any others who use FOSS.

the way I look at it you do not need a billion high-dollar plugins to create good video, just basic tools and LOTS of crativity. Cinelerra gives me all I need to create.

I have done a feature movie, Cannibal Killer Clowns On Dope. the movie is a real stinker, but is filled w/ blood, gore, gutz and nekkid gurlie. i had a blast making it and learned a lot. im now focusing on making short films and getting my quality up. I am usually a one man film crew who is always on a micro-budget.

I will be sharing my short films as I create....Cheers !

Last edited:
Hey welcome!

Just one point. I had a look at your website and that is one heck of a lot of advertsing. It was actually difficult to find content. This isn't a criticism of you or your website's concept, but it's very difficult to run an amateur website with anything more than very discreet advertising. But I like the idea, just not the execution!

Peace! :D

Hey welcome!

Just one point. I had a look at your website and that is one heck of a lot of advertsing. It was actually difficult to find content. This isn't a criticism of you or your website's concept, but it's very difficult to run an amateur website with anything more than very discreet advertising. But I like the idea, just not the execution!

Peace! :D

YES and I make some $$$ off of it too !

Back